Some customers...

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
Had a hell of a job yesterday...customer knocked me down on price, so turned up without my labourer in order to make the same money, half way through the first day she said...can we have a chat about the cost, started trying to make out I had been dishonest about not turning up with my labourer, and that the price was for 2 people not one, big argument, then I said look we have got off to a bad start I'll pack up my tools and go to another job....she said no please stay I'll pay you the money you want...worked x2 12 hour days with 20 minute breaks both days...priced it at x2 10 hour days...second day I turned up and there was a huge smelly sh*t in the toilet first thing in the morning and knickers with huge great dirty skid marks underside up sat in the laundry basket in the bathroom allday....

F**king nightmare, worst job of the year

Same bullshit, when will you start giving a price rather than a day rate or hourly rate? I never work on day rate for this reason, I take my kids to school some days pick them up others, pick them up from swimming on other days and take them gymnastics on the other days it has f**k all to do with the customer what time I start or leave it wether I have someone with me or not. The price is the price and I always tell them they only pay once and I've never had any problems. Oh fair enough I've had problems in the past over the years and it has always boiled down to day rate so never do it.

Same bullshit, when will you start giving a price rather than a day rate or hourly rate? I never work on day rate for this reason, I take my kids to school some days pick them up others, pick them up from swimming on other days and take them gymnastics on the other days it has f**k all to do with the customer what time I start or leave it wether I have someone with me or not. The price is the price and I always tell them they only pay once and I've never had any problems. Oh fair enough I've had problems in the past over the years and it has always boiled down to day rate so never do it.
I actually agree with u flynny the price is the price if you got 10 men on job in or alone as long as done in time scale what's it matter they don't have to have your price

I'm done with justifying my price now I don't think I'm too expensive just try be honest and competitive I'm still learning even after 18 years but people are paying for my knowledge and skill I don't ask how much they earn and I shouldn't have too way I see it is that's my price yes or no been a learning curve over the years but now that's what I stick too

Absolute @rseholes mate I had a customer the other day blame me for causing a pipe to leak in her bathroom, I was skimming the bedroom next door lol she gave it the old 'well it was fine before you came'

Absolute @rseholes mate I had a customer the other day blame me for causing a pipe to leak in her bathroom, I was skimming the bedroom next door lol she gave it the old 'well it was fine before you came'
Should reply "So was my mental health luv!!"

Some of you having problems with awkward customers need to master "the stare" a slight frown and stare straight into their eyes while saying nothing even when they finally shut up!! it works for me. my outcome is either customer back tracks and everything stays as it is or I get my stuff and leave. Let's face it chaps. our job is hard enough and very skilled to be dicked about with costs once you've started/finished !!

Im not being the big b*ll***s but if at any point in my life i price a job then get knocked down on price to the point that im leaving someone at home and going in for a 12 hour day to make the same money then i'll jack it in.

Here's the price, do you want me to do it yes/no that should be the only discussion on cost. Anything else and you deserve to get yourself f**k*d over im afraid. Harsh but true.

Even for builders we give them a day rate and if we leave at 1 or we leave at 4 its the same. Swings and roundabouts in that situation but f**k me there's no bickering about hours working or how long you've been on break! Absolute madnesss, sorry for the rant but f**k that all together

Im not being the big b*ll***s but if at any point in my life i price a job then get knocked down on price to the point that im leaving someone at home and going in for a 12 hour day to make the same money then i'll jack it in.

Here's the price, do you want me to do it yes/no that should be the only discussion on cost. Anything else and you deserve to get yourself f**k*d over im afraid. Harsh but true.

Even for builders we give them a day rate and if we leave at 1 or we leave at 4 its the same. Swings and roundabouts in that situation but f**k me there's no bickering about hours working or how long you've been on break! Absolute madnesss, sorry for the rant but f**k that all together

Liked

Plus I hate it when customer has had a shite before hand and it's "wiped it's feet" on the way down :vomito:

Hate agreeing with flynnyman but he's right.... Think I need a wash now, I feel grubby.

bang on that... they are not your boss :D

When coont-customer puts me in this situation I reverse the negotiation and ask for more money...it throws them off their tracks as most who do this have had to 'build themselves up' to question my time/price...I actually enjoy it.

Not sure if I could of carried on doing the job after seeing a shitty pair of pants...I went to one from a letting agent a few months ago and the floor was literally covered in empty beer cans, Tennant started kicking them out of the way when I turned up....Didn't say a word to him just turned around and got back in the van and drove off....Some people live like animals

Or try this approach when handing over the invoice - while coont-customer looks with disgust at the cost bounce around shadow boxing....you might get a drink from them too!
IMG_3610.JPG

He was also drinking a can of special brew when he opened the door, was about 11 in the morning

Generally haven't had a problem...about once a year...last year I had some hippy pregnant b*tch timing me and breaking down my quote.

I've found Asians try it on more than anyone. I know someone who point blank refuses to work for them because of this.

Had a hell of a job yesterday...customer knocked me down on price, so turned up without my labourer in order to make the same money, half way through the first day she said...can we have a chat about the cost, started trying to make out I had been dishonest about not turning up with my labourer, and that the price was for 2 people not one, big argument, then I said look we have got off to a bad start I'll pack up my tools and go to another job....she said no please stay I'll pay you the money you want...

you are in your strongest position half way through the work, when she questioned your price, you should have got you price up. tell her about all the problems and her cutting you down has made the job unworkable. i know if i price a job and i am still there after 5 hours i need to improve my act.

It's the ones who go my brother in law is a plasterer but he is busy or the ones who think they know what it should cost and how long it will take couple of times I've felt like saying why am I here if you know my job so well if things can be done quicker I would do that way wouldn't I,as you get older you learn to recognise the messers but once in a while get caught out

It's the ones who go my brother in law is a plasterer but he is busy or the ones who think they know what it should cost and how long it will take couple of times I've felt like saying why am I here if you know my job so well if things can be done quicker I would do that way wouldn't I,as you get older you learn to recognise the messers but once in a while get caught out

Yup... if your brother in law is a plasterer then he can do it for you :D

Mind you my mother got a plasterer in to skim her kitch ceiling when I was doing my renovation and the job was terrible :D

She did phone me up to see if I could do it but I could not do it in the timescales the the kitchen fitters wanted :D

She probably said my son bla bla bla....lol

Yup... if your brother in law is a plasterer then he can do it for you :D

Mind you my mother got a plasterer in to skim her kitch ceiling when I was doing my renovation and the job was terrible :D

She did phone me up to see if I could do it but I could not do it in the timescales the the kitchen fitters wanted :D

She probably said my son bla bla bla....lol
plus you was too expensive

When people say I'd do it but haven't got the time I sometimes reply....what makes you think I'VE got the time.

Everytime I walked past them got a whiff mate, smelt like curry :(

You finished now? I got a utility to skim tmw...Jan booked up...you?

I'm at the hotel ready to fly to Oz for 2 weeks tomorrow mate.
Only knickers I'll be sniffing is my own when I'm 10 hours in and my balls are chaffing against my asshole crushed to smithereens where I been sat down so long.

Lads are doing a bit while I'm away. Got a new build in Jan and got a contract with a big builder so hopefully sorted for a while again!

What you doing letting someone knock you down when work been mental!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on