some crazy people out there

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rigsby, did you have a kid work for you who went into do his own EWI jobs, can't remember his name, only about my age, might be Callum

i only ask because the guy who subs to me worked for him and he mentioned you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rigsby, did you have a kid work for you who went into do his own EWI jobs, can't remember his name, only about my age, might be Callum

i only ask because the guy who subs to me worked for him and he mentioned you.

Yeh Callum, a failed trainee who went on his own doing ewi for a contractor who I trained up in the 80's. Last time I saw Calum he quit the business. He did grow up in the end but hard work when I had him. His mate Casie, he was even harder work. Not employed a trainee since. Both did my nut in! But Calum made good. Was hoping to take his brother back on but he's gone quiet on me.

Yeh Callum, a failed trainee who went on his own doing ewi for a contractor who I trained up in the 80's. Last time I saw Calum he quit the business. He did grow up in the end but hard work when I had him. His mate Casie, he was even harder work. Not employed a trainee since. Both did my nut in! But Calum made good. Was hoping to take his brother back on but he's gone quiet on me.

Last I heard he was dashing out in Chesterfield over EWI following base coaters that's what mick my sub was doing.

I think I've spoke to him over sf, he was offering work out but I didn't seem keen, sounded like a right jack the lad

He will be from High Green, all inbreds from there!

That joker on SF under job vacancies offering £4 m2 for ewi, must have van, equipment, ppe about 3 years ago, he was Calums partner, Casie. Paid 3 weeks after measure.

Yeah, I pushed on what system they were using and I was being nosey more than owt.

my mate was working for £240 for 2 men to base mesh a semi ready to dash, poor really

He will be from High Green, all inbreds from there!

That joker on SF under job vacancies offering £4 m2 for ewi, must have van, equipment, ppe about 3 years ago, he was Calums partner, Casie. Paid 3 weeks after measure.

what gets me, they measure your work up on a Friday, they get paid two Fridays later then they pay you the following Monday.

I had to pay them on Tuesday night for Monday and Tuesdays work and Friday for for Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays work. Straight into the cheque cashing shop. How the hell did they get away with it paying 3 weeks in hand? Best I could get is 3 days!

Got a headache now thinking about it. Calum though did apolagise 2 years ago for the hard work he put me through. Perhaps when he came to my side of the counter he realised he was wrong all along.

Would love to pass my skills onto a teenager but the thought of it scares me. There must be some good lads out there?

You may not be training them face to face Rigsby but if they read your and ( some) of the other regulars contributions they get shown how to run the business by your attitudes and thoughts, just as important as how to work a trowel. Been meaning to say that about this Forum for a while now. (my twenties were spent going to car auctions, I absorbed as much as possible spoken by the old hands in the car on the drive up).

i honestly don't think she was making it up either lads , i told her point blank that any clowns that can give you a crazy price like that have got to be dodgy , she just said ' well their doing the front garden fence for me first , so ill see how their work is then lol ' they're charging 300 notes just for a gate and a bit of fencing lol and now ive just had a phone call to price a job on a bloody sunday of all days , so ive gotta knock watching the egg chasing on the head and get down there . ( just hope it ain't another f***wit of a customer looking to piss me off on the day of rest lol have a gd one gang :RpS_thumbsup:
.orget about that job,alarm bells should have been ringing to the customer when they're doing the fence and then quoting the plastering,we could all say they are taking our work but the thing is this type of customer would always try to find a desperately cheap quote and frankly that is not the type of customer I would even entertain,we want to be working for customers who want a quality job that and they respect the fact that quality work comes with a price tag.

I'd forget about passing your skills onto a teenager, iv had a few, they just don't have the passion or drive for the job.

i mainly take 40+ guys on, and I know it sounds daft but they are better company, better conversation and understand the get stuck in and we can go method, younger guys my age just want to fanny about and dont understand that I have a set amount I want to get done in the day and don't realise we have a set amount on to do in the day

organisation is the key, and I won't leave until we've got done what needs doing be it 2pm or 8pm.

it might just be the mentality of 17-22 yr olds, hoping to toss it off til home time

Like I said the thought scares me. Calum and Casie was teenagers, Calum was gobby Casie could"t remember anything. He was keen but you taught him something today and he completely forgot by tomorrow. mentally draining.

Early 20's with a pregnant girlfriend usually does something until the baby comes then they can't turn up because of sleepless nights!

Could really do with a helping hand my other spread has gone part time, 3 days a week max.

Some guys will go in cheap and then when they get there foot in the door use the 'boosting' technique. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.