Small skim bucket

Does anyone use a board and stand anymore

Tbh gibbo...I haven't nor anyone I've worked with over certainly the latter yrs used 1...

Though when I started it was the norm white buckets,builders buckets and spotboard....

I think it changed when it went from spreads always having a labourer to mix up with to not being able to price them in...

Then also bigger buckets were available commercially...and here we are...

I could think of nothing worse now than stopped starting to mix up, for me its mix the lot up and get the lot on...

But hey I also 1 coat and still get paid everyday so what the foooook do I know!!! Lol

I didn't really sleep last night. Was thinking what can I use the bucket for. After about 4 hours it f**k**g hit me a f**k**g cup holder. Why didn't I think of this b4. Your missing a selling point onestopshop.

20160929_190125.jpg

Me and me mate use two spotboards in the same room one on stilts the other mixes 4 collomix buckets of gear up about 5 bags we lay on then mix 2 to lay down gears always fresh

Ive never used the larger buckets to be honest I don't see the point. Usually i will mix 2 or 3 30 litres buckets at the same time instead and I can then move them about to were I am working easier. Sometimes the weight of the mix will cause the handle to cracl on cheap ones but you can put an offcut of garden hose on them instead and its comfier

there's 2 of us mate well 1 and a half
I have a s**t hot apprentice he puts most of it on while a hide up the best I can.
If I had that I'd put a mix in, shout "it's ready" to the lad, and then spend the next two hours looking for a brush to wash something or other.......lol.......that my friend is heart attack in a bucket....lol

If I had that I'd put a mix in, shout "it's ready" to the lad, and then spend the next two hours looking for a brush to wash something or other.......lol.......that my friend is heart attack in a bucket....lol
Heart attack is just a normal day in the world of plastering

Good luck scooping it out most brickys i know who worked in germany came back with wrist problems

Its easier from bucket. Get one scoop and the only time you will use trowel is when you reach the bottom and that will be no more than 3 trowels.

I just find it easier to knock up and roll the gear round the room so it's always next to me.
A long handle bucket scoop hangs on the edge of the tub no bending apart the final scrape 1 scoop =full hawk no mooching backwards and forwards to the board ideal in big rooms and long corridors.

Screenshot_2016-09-29-20-23-32.png

Screenshot_2016-09-29-20-31-34.png

also hse are now getting s**t hot on dust suppression which is complete bollox but to keep on the right side of the building site police its easier to knock up in a different room then wheel the gear to the work area.

I just find it easier to knock up and roll the gear round the room so it's always next to me.
A long handle bucket scoop hangs on the edge of the tub no bending apart the final scrape 1 scoop =full hawk no mooching backwards and forwards to the board ideal in big rooms and long corridors.

View attachment 13950

View attachment 13951
Like the wheels dude, I suppose I could make a trolley a little taller, and use the scoop, then boom! Nil bendyarse (Latin )

I didn't really sleep last night. Was thinking what can I use the bucket for. After about 4 hours it f**k**g hit me a f**k**g cup holder. Why didn't I think of this b4. Your missing a selling point onestopshop.

View attachment 13945

you need to make a bucket list Keith.
I haven't got one what I do have is a very long fuckit list though.

or you could donate it to someone less fortunate/as thick as sh1t.
Screenshot_2016-09-29-21-07-36-1.png

Good point. I have to buy a bucket trowel every 6 months or so. Got it down to £29 +p&p. I am a tight fisted c**t though...

so on to this week's top tip.
get a sturdy plastic bucket and a small grinder/multi tool. Mark the bucket into 4 quarters then cut it now buy/steal a long broom handle an cut that into quarters now lay your bucket over so it's rocking slightly on the rounded part.
And now screw it through the triangle shaped part to the bit of stolen broom handle.
boom four new bucket scoops (y)