Show house

Members online

dsdave

Had a contractor call me last we ,asking if I could do a show house on a 40 house site Asked him what he was paying ,he said £ 5.00 m2 ,I said is that skim only,he said no its board and skim. Told him that's discussing. He said if you want more than that your living in cloud cookoo land,and robbing people.
Just told him to do one,and don't bother ringing me again fcuking knob
Anyone else being asked to work for nowt??

Had a contractor call me last we ,asking if I could do a show house on a 40 house site Asked him what he was paying ,he said £ 5.00 m2 ,I said is that skim only,he said no its board and skim. Told him that's discussing. He said if you want more than that your living in cloud cookoo land,and robbing people.
Just told him to do one,and don't bother ringing me again fcuking knob
Anyone else being asked to work for nowt??
That's almost dryliners wage according to dryliners forum on Facebook

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Robbing people charging more than £5 m2 board and skim? He needs a good f**k**g slap the cheeky b*****d.

tell him that he does not need a plasterer, what he is looking for is a monkeys pratt !

Without telling porkies how many m2 on average would all you site guys roughly skim a day on new build ??

Just out of interest

It's gone absolutely mental on site at the moment getting phone calls every other day and the prices just keep going up but there's always been c**ts like that that try and drag you down I just laugh down the phone

It depends on the job plasterman? Pissy newbuild houses with beads everywhere and cupboards to skim you'll work your arse off at those prices to make a very average wage I don't care who you are no ones making a good living on those numbers. Don't forget the tax/NI contributions off of that, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

It depends on the job plasterman? Pissy newbuild houses with beads everywhere and cupboards to skim you'll work your arse off at those prices to make a very average wage I don't care who you are no ones making a good living on those numbers. Don't forget the tax/NI contributions off of that, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

You get much new builds to skim Granty? All new builds are taped and filled here.

No mate occasionally work for small house builders skimming. The big house builders are all taped. Nail pops galore.

We have just done a 4 bed house 2 bathrooms in 7 days dot dab and skim was worth £3350..2 of us no labourer and we had to insulate downstairs ceilings..was hard work I tell thou..doing 1 more then that's it..think the houses are just shy of 500m2

I work on social housing contracts and I think how many meters do the site guys trufully do I heard 100m2 150m2 a day is norm is this right

Got offered £6 Board and skim other day in glossop, but don't touch site work anymore.

Use to do between 40-60m2 on site per day but mostly struggled to get the area in front of me to warrant going hard.

Done 100m2 days once or twice (4 gauges, 14 hour days) in 13 years but I have never met a guy doing it day in day out,

Without telling porkies how many m2 on average would all you site guys roughly skim a day on new build ??

Just out of interest

Just lost my best lad but between me him and lab/spread (almost a plasterer) we been skimming 500m 3 story terrace in 2 and half days and 2 and half to board.
I like to think 100m a day with a labourer should be achievable most days.

Got offered £6 Board and skim other day in glossop, but don't touch site work anymore.

Use to do between 40-60m2 on site per day but mostly struggled to get the area in front of me to warrant going hard.

Done 100m2 days once or twice (4 gauges, 14 hour days) in 13 years but I have never met a guy doing it day in day out,
@scottie5

So you do 100 each? 2 coat?

Always 2 coat zolco 1 coat = rough bastards..do I f**k do 100m2 on my own f**k that..2 blokes shud easily do 100-150m2 a day..we skimmed pretty much 500m2 in 4 days and bear in mind this includes a shitty high staircase and under the stairs cuboard with loads of fiddly bits..we are jumping onto sum bedsits soon and there are 90m2 rooms we will do 2 a day easy with no labourer..done it all my life

On ur own or 2 of you?

Always 2 coat zolco 1 coat = rough bastards..do I f**k do 100m2 on my own f**k that..2 blokes shud easily do 100-150m2 a day..we skimmed pretty much 500m2 in 4 days and bear in mind this includes a hitty high staircase and under the stairs cuboard with loads of fiddly bits..we are jumping onto sum bedsits soon and there are 90m2 rooms we will do 2 a day easy with no labourer..done it all my life
I'm dead already just reading it.
But I take its easier going onto new board work than reskim on shitty surfaces.

I'm dead already just reading it.
But I take its easier going onto new board work than reskim on shitty surfaces.

U domestic lads cant see how we do it as u don't see/do it day in day out,if your a domestic spread ur not going to see 100m2 a day on the kind of jobs you do..if I was domestic id put a bag a day on mayb 2 but I'm a m2 eater for now and always have been..

Always 2 coat zolco 1 coat = rough bastards..do I f**k do 100m2 on my own f**k that..2 blokes shud easily do 100-150m2 a day..we skimmed pretty much 500m2 in 4 days and bear in mind this includes a shitty high staircase and under the stairs cuboard with loads of fiddly bits..we are jumping onto sum bedsits soon and there are 90m2 rooms we will do 2 a day easy with no labourer..done it all my life

One coat if you no how to do it properly it's just as good as 2 coats

20150921_134222.jpg

Multi finish isn't designed for 1 coat finish..its a nitemare using speedskim aswell on 1 coat work just brings that black grit to the surface

U domestic lads cant see how we do it as u don't see/do it day in day out,if your a domestic spread ur not going to see 100m2 a day on the kind of jobs you do..if I was domestic id put a bag a day on mayb 2 but I'm a m2 eater for now and always have been..
Seriously, that's what people think that domestic is a bag or two a day? lol
Wish it would be true!