shoulder operation.

Members online

tcd

Hi Guys,
Having keyhole surgery on my shoulder for an impingement in April been told that its a three month recovery period, just wondering if anyone on the forum has had the same procedure and if it cured the problem, already had two cortisone injections but weren't any good,

not me, but joiner i know had it, he was off work 3 month, he had operation arranged for 1st week in december/xmas period etc , okay now but you do need to be careful

not me, but joiner i know had it, he was off work 3 month, he had operation arranged for 1st week in december/xmas period etc , okay now but you do need to be careful
Just my luck mines at the beginning of the busy season

Shoulder joint is a very complicated one with lots of moving parts and bits holding it together. Get a good sports injury therapist/massage person, 'cos it'll take time to gently get back the range of motion AND build up the strength in some of the little synergistic muscles - tear them badly and your're back to square one.

Unlike a desk-dweller/most folks your shoulder is your income and needs strength/range of motion, it pays to invest in it. Daily exercises to stretch, and probably some strange exercises with tiny weights like 4 oz's.

Plan some tichy little jobs first when coming back on the tools and some muscle recovery days 'tween bigger jobs.

Had frozen shoulder in both left and right, the right shoulder was the worst. Cortisone injections didn't work but the physio did eventually free it up, but it took about six months and lost a lot of work.
Good luck with the operation.

Shoulder joint is a very complicated one with lots of moving parts and bits holding it together. Get a good sports injury therapist/massage person, 'cos it'll take time to gently get back the range of motion AND build up the strength in some of the little synergistic muscles - tear them badly and your're back to square one.

Unlike a desk-dweller/most folks your shoulder is your income and needs strength/range of motion, it pays to invest in it. Daily exercises to stretch, and probably some strange exercises with tiny weights like 4 oz's.

Plan some tichy little jobs first when coming back on the tools and some muscle recovery days 'tween bigger jobs.
Better learn to wipe my ass with my left hand then.. lol

Had frozen shoulder in both left and right, the right shoulder was the worst. Cortisone injections didn't work but the physio did eventually free it up, but it took about six months and lost a lot of work.
Thanks

Had similar op around ten years ago, it was my rotater cuff which took around 12 weeks to cure. Make sure you keep doing your physio exersises from day one, lots of stretches. Not had a problem since.
will be glad when its over with its been agony for two years and couldn't get near the nhs so had to go private , so between the expense of consultants fee's MRI scan and loss of earnings its a bit of a hit, so i will be doing whatever I'm told to let it heal properly

will be glad when its over with its been agony for two years and couldn't get near the nhs so had to go private , so between the expense of consultants fee's MRI scan and loss of earnings its a bit of a hit, so i will be doing whatever I'm told to let it heal properly
I know what it's like being out of the game, hopefully you'll be back on it soon.

Reactions: tcd
Is it wear and tear or have you had an accident?

Physio I used to know reckoned she could sort any frozen shoulder in 6 weeks, but, it would involve a lot of pain - something to do with the stretching I gathered.

Thought about it missus thought it was hilarious very tempted for her pillow
dog wipes GIF