Should hessian be nailed into lime render scratchcoat? (external)

OllieCR0

We have some builders currently half-way through lime rendering for us.

They've finished scratch coat ... but:

-> I think without wetting bricks first
-> have nailed hessian to this overnight (into the brick) until temperature consistently back to 5'c from Monday onwards

What impact is this nailing in of Hessian likely to have on the scratch coat and overall rendering?

What is likely impact of not wetting bricks first either? (fyi bricks are fairly porous/spooled due to a) old cracked cement render allowing moisture in /freezing and b) us getting that cement render removed)

And what should we ask them to do? I'm thinking:

-> remove nails
-> fill in holes with fresh lime render
-> drape hessian from roof downwards, keeping 1-2 inches away from the lime render
-> drape plastic sheeting from higher on roof to keep area waterproof

Any advice very welcome.

(As background: we've had to stop these builders using PVA ("to help render stick"), Waterproofer ("to make mortar more workable") and Sika portland cement WinterMix ("to protect from frost"), so we're aware they're not experienced in lime.)

We have some builders ,,,,,
(As background: we've had to stop these builders using PVA ("to help render stick"), Waterproofer ("to make mortar more workable") and Sika portland cement WinterMix ("to protect from frost"), so we're aware they're not experienced in lime.)
:maraca:
All seems good then , keep us posted

-> have nailed hessian to this overnight (into the brick) until temperature consistently back to 5'c from Monday onwards

What impact is this nailing in of Hessian likely to have on the scratch coat and overall rendering?

What is likely impact of not wetting bricks first either? (fyi bricks are fairly porous/spooled due to a) old cracked cement render allowing moisture in /freezing and b) us getting that cement render removed)

-> remove nails
-> drape hessian from roof downwards, keeping 1-2 inches away from the lime render

Any advice very welcome.

You just said your aware there not experienced with lime rendering,fingers crossed they hey

-> remove nails

Any advice very welcome.

As soon as u said builder, that’s where you’ve gone wrong, get a company in that does traditional work. Limes piece of piss if u know what your doing

-> remove nails

Any advice very welcome.

You've already answered your own question sound like a bunch of gunslingers to me