Sharp sand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPlastering

Hello chaps , i have a job where peter cox has done the injecting and im rendering and skimming the walls , the bloke has the guarantee already , it says on the waterproofer to use sharp sand , would rendering sand be fine ? Just no good draging stones around every where ? Cheers lads in advance

Hello chaps , i have a job where peter cox has done the injecting and im rendering and skimming the walls , the bloke has the guarantee already , it says on the waterproofer to use sharp sand , would rendering sand be fine ? Just no good draging stones around every where ? Cheers lads in advance

He has the guarantee already ? I used to subbie for Peter Cox in the 80's and their guarantees used to always state in the small print that it was only valid if they contracted all works. Has that changed ? Are you subbing for them or is customer paying you.

Customer raggles , i have already went through this with the customer about garentees and him not doing the rendering , as it is all part of the system . But he said peter cox has said even the customer could do it and garentee would be fine ? Ive warned him about it and im going to ask him for all the mix ratios so i cant get hung but ive already said its not the way to do it like .......

Approved contractors can just guarantee the injection if they want to and it should state that on the guarantee...................leaving you liable for the plastering........................so if he's spec is sharp sand then use it or it could all fall back on you

Flynnymarra will be along soon to tell you its all bollox and just put in an air brick........................:RpS_thumbup:

The only time I've only really used sharp sand for rendering was on newton lathe. Followed there spec so it didnt come back on me if something happens.

Approved contractors can just guarantee the injection if they want to and it should state that on the guarantee...................leaving you liable for the plastering........................so if he's spec is sharp sand then use it or it could all fall back on you

Flynnymarra will be along soon to tell you its all bollox and just put in an air brick........................:RpS_thumbup:

Won't it be a bit lumpy marra :RpS_confused:

Fine sharp, not sharp ,some one has made a rick some where.. Ask before you mix anything, sharp is for screeding and bedding slabs.

Aye al hava check of the bags see what its like before ordering , theres not a massive depth to go on some walls so didnt want it to gritty

Aye al hava check of the bags see what its like before ordering , theres not a massive depth to go on some walls so didnt want it to gritty

I used a dumpy bag of Doves sharp sand yesterday to screed a floor and believe me marra you wouldn't want to try and put it on a wall you could of just chucked cement in and wet dashed with it :RpS_thumbdn:

Cheers raggles , thats what i was thinking my self when i seen sharp sand as spec , might just end up as washed plastering sand

Status
Not open for further replies.