Ritmo start up problem

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Having a problem on start up on the Ritmo L. Set up the way we always have with no issues but now on turning the motor on and introducing the the first bag into the hopper it is either almost stalling or stalls then starts up. But today it stalled and tripped the house rcd. Power back on but it wouldn' t go. Empty the hopper clean everything out and start again. 2nd went ok.

The first bag isn't just chucked in it is put in carefully then the other bags are ok.

Les say's the first bag is going in too fast but it isn't. Any ides anyone?

16AMP Machine running off 13AMP mains? :endesacuerdo:

Maybe but this is a 2013 machine and only a lately is this problem happening. We are doing nothing different but something is making this motor either stall or nearly stall.

If is was a 110v model take it less amps? Not that in this case it has been a problem for the last 3 years more so the last 2 jobs.

The only that is different is it has a fit and forget r&s instaead of the clamp. This machine is one that spins the other way to most Ritmo's. This r&s was ok 3 jobs ago when fitted.

Check the plug going into the motor isnt loose.
Check the remote plug isnt loose
Where is the water supply coming from ?

whatever the fault it just needs to be identified and the machine will run without problems again.

firstly, what material are you using, if silicone e-grade increase the water on start up and add the powder slower, you might just be too used to the clampable which is more expandable than the f&f
secondly, why not whack it back up to les and have him change the wiring to make it go the other way and then you can use the standard R&S, you will also need to change your mixing shaft

yes, winding down for the week,
waiting on the beer cooling
its been busy,
thought I would pop in for a wee hello
first tinny due to get popped, so back to whatsapp for me

firstly, what material are you using, if silicone e-grade increase the water on start up and add the powder slower, you might just be too used to the clampable which is more expandable than the f&f
secondly, why not whack it back up to les and have him change the wiring to make it go the other way and then you can use the standard R&S, you will also need to change your mixing shaft

Thank you both PFT for replying. I will try swapping power cab.ea over from pump to water pump. Material is parex monorex or parmurex with water for priming set 10 higher than projected pumping.

Last job had high water pressure with an empty all day house so unusual for us it was off the mains. But this one is off a av1000.

Also what has been noticed is say we are running at 150 water the water drops soon after start up. Re-adjust then it is usually ok for the rest of the job. Conveying pressure is around 10 bar on 15m pipe.

Spraying parex at 130 water so set water at 150 to prime. Soon as we got the machine going and introduced the first bag it nearly stalled again but then went ok. Bent fown to turn the water down from 150 to 130 and it was on 100!

Turned it back up to 130 but it kept going down to 100. Kept it there in the end and sprayed stiff.

I asked the lab to keep an eye on the tap to see if the vibration is turned it round but he couldn't master that task.

On spraying it keeps missing and stop, it takes 15-20 seconds before it sprays again.

The last time I had this missing problem the mixing shaft was worn, how do I check it?

Spraying parex at 130 water so set water at 150 to prime. Soon as we got the machine going and introduced the first bag it nearly stalled again but then went ok. Bent fown to turn the water down from 150 to 130 and it was on 100!

Turned it back up to 130 but it kept going down to 100. Kept it there in the end and sprayed stiff.

I asked the lab to keep an eye on the tap to see if the vibration is turned it round but he couldn't master that task.

On spraying it keeps missing and stop, it takes 15-20 seconds before it sprays again.

The last time I had this missing problem the mixing shaft was worn, how do I check it?

This is a worn one John. Ian sent me a picture of one.

IMG-20160817-WA0001.jpg

Check the filters every day. Got a spare new tap but that shaft looks worn as well. Might get it into Les and have the wiring swapped over for the common uk shaft. Means new r&s but hey ho.

Are u running a little bit of water through the r/s first? Stops dry powder in a dry r/s

Check the filters every day. Got a spare new tap but that shaft looks worn as well. Might get it into Les and have the wiring swapped over for the common uk shaft. Means new r&s but hey ho.
the rot stator will be much cheaper than the red one

Are u running a little bit of water through the r/s first? Stops dry powder in a dry r/s

We used to but we seem to have stopped doing that. We put a capfull of fairy on the R&S before priming.

This water dropping needs sorting. I had it early in the year and a new rotor sorted it. This is a new R&S.

John I've had that a bit lately.
I've been spraying monorex and I start priming at 250 and by the time it's coming out on the walls it's dropped itself to 210 and stays there.
Doesn't seem to stiffen up though.
The float bounces round on odd occasion.
Do you think it may be the accelerator?
Do you empty the float chamber each time after use? I don't know if that's better or not but something we do, then I always flush with clean water not from the butt with accelerator.
I'm not trying to tell a granny how to suck eggs and that mind, just trying to help. [emoji106]

Always flush out with mains water after using axel 3000 or Tardex. Empty the water bottle as well. Check the filters every time.

Going to get it serviced and converted. Cost more in maintenance than my truck does this Ritmo.

Trucks cost £90 so far in 18 months. That was was an oil change what wasn't even due till next May. Even my recently departed 11 year Mondeo was cheaper to maintain.

Maybe but this is a 2013 machine and only a lately is this problem happening. We are doing nothing different but something is making this motor either stall or nearly stall.

If is was a 110v model take it less amps? Not that in this case it has been a problem for the last 3 years more so the last 2 jobs.

The only that is different is it has a fit and forget r&s instaead of the clamp. This machine is one that spins the other way to most Ritmo's. This r&s was ok 3 jobs ago when fitted.
Our 110v always sits at 5-6 amps. How ever recently it's been overloading. I'm sure it's a change in power setup.

Back to basics then off to les if it's not solved.

Not bad considering I've never had it serviced

Our 110v always sits at 5-6 amps. How ever recently it's been overloading. I'm sure it's a change in power setup.

Back to basics then off to les if it's not solved.

Not bad considering I've never had it serviced
Wats the mixing shaft like. A worn one can struggle to mix and send the amps up.

It looks worn to me Ian. It is about 1 year old. We have a recent problem of the spraying misses for a few seconds. We are sure we had this problem last year and the new shaft stopped it happening.

Also we have been used to a clamp set at 8-10 bar. This fit and forget is more like 18 bar. We have got out of yhe habit of pre wetting the r&s so this one is starting up dry.

The tap is easy to turn do you thing the vibrator could be turning the water down? I still have that new spare one to fit.

Yes clamp able. Pressure tested for 6 bar everytime so it's not over tight.

It's a 110v machine

Cheers for today John really enjoyed the experience. Hope you get your machine going soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk