First day with Ritmo.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Had our very first spray with our ritmo today.
Picked it up and has training last Friday.

We were spraying EHI one pass (ish) over matie.

Had a hiccup at start where we weren't giving enough time for mix to come through after adjusting water and almost caused a blockeage.
Luckily Ian from @PFTwales was on the phone and helped us through quickly enough.

We Sprayed 60m2 including set up, the hiccup and clean down in about 4.5hours.

Videos aren't the best but we were more worried about nothing going wrong first time.

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, if you just want a pick fault for the sake of it without helping then f**k off.

Advice appreciated.
Spraying again early next week.
Then got about 10 jobs booked for April onwards.
We only use Parex and have the ritmo L if this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your spraying looks neat enough. Well done.
I will give you some constructive criticism though, the scratch doesn't really look adequate, I would want to see a wavy scratch with a notched scratch comb all over.

I will give you some constructive criticism though, the scratch doesn't really look adequate, I would want to see a wavy scratch with a notched scratch comb all over.

Thanks pal. I never got on with a comb when I had an MT one! Thought it was s**t and not scratching well enough [emoji16] what one do you use? I'll try again.

Just any 5mm notch comb, wrap some duct tape around it to leave a 5mm depth on the teeth and you'll get a neater finish.

Which ones you on about mate?
e057771ff4e359d1982a69a858bc84f3.jpg
e19db058bffdf5a5789b79a91a9bdb1f.jpg

I use the white handle?

The base coats only around 5mm with mesh on job in pic so doesn't leave the deepest scratch.
Like the sound of the duct tape though good tip that!

Top one I use Jordan, bottom one isn't worth a curse if you have gear going on top with a coarse aggregate. imo!!

Yeah you need the PFT unofficial parex approved comb scratcher there Jord. It must be placed in the competent paws of the man who cannot speak .
£ 13.44 Inc vat
scratcher (1).png

Had our very first spray with our ritmo today.
Picked it up and has training last Friday.

We were spraying EHI one pass (ish) over matie.

Had a hiccup at start where we weren't giving enough time for mix to come through after adjusting water and almost caused a blockeage.
Luckily Ian from @PFTwales was on the phone and helped us through quickly enough.

We Sprayed 60m2 including set up, the hiccup and clean down in about 4.5hours.

Videos aren't the best but we were more worried about nothing going wrong first time.

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, if you just want a pick fault for the sake of it without helping then f**k off.

Advice appreciated.
Spraying again early next week.
Then got about 10 jobs booked for April onwards.
We only use Parex and have the ritmo L if this helps.

looks orite, maybe a bit stiff. the gear should be flowing. But the main thing is did you find it better than hand application. What would you say in your opinion is the main advantages to hand application.

looks orite, maybe a bit stiff. the gear should be flowing. But the main thing is did you find it better than hand application. What would you say in your opinion is the main advantages to hand application.

It's just easier and less strain on the body I thought Ian.
I'll try it a little wetter next time.
The first panel seemed a little to wet to do in one pass so we went a bit stiffer but that one did feel a little more stiffer on the ruling off.

That's a fair point
I use to use the faithful one for years but now use the pft type one as it gives a decent key
When spraying wet you want it to take well to the backing coat

It's just easier and less strain on the body I thought Ian.
I'll try it a little wetter next time.
The first panel seemed a little to wet to do in one pass so we went a bit stiffer but that one did feel a little more stiffer on the ruling off.

Just have a play, you will get it quick enough. use the pressure gauge and you cant go too far wrong

The 1st time spraying was full of excitement and shitting me sell incase the machine exploded and i had to hand apply the gable
Luckily av only had one black Wednesday and the trauma still haunts me
You'll be alreet marra J

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Here's the finished product.
Went back this morning at 8.30 was soft still so opened her up and left for a bit.
Got home at 3.

I found the EHI GM seemed to have a bigger grain size than the normal Monorex GM.
Still came up nice and client was over the moon.

The windows are going in next week, they have the shadow gap frameless ones hence why there going in after.

Patio is going down to so I haven't left it like that don't worry!
Using Paraguard to seal it up next week.

c1349c057cec6d50609cc7d9e418a616.jpg
cc981621acbbd9b2db6a54d11a6bbb77.jpg
b623d8b87fdd3b13974949856fb15f58.jpg
e0103fc62a990a618c53b7945a10d785.jpg
b975102f8a1bfea1506f8517c9569966.jpg
b22c52e31d65dd4f0051f8b8e0c107cf.jpg

@Jgreenplastering another nice job you done there and nice that you share your photos and experience of using machine, want to ask you j how long you think it would of took without the machine and how long did it take with the machine ,as you know I am looking at them so your comments are appreciated.
Vince

@Jgreenplastering another nice job you done there and nice that you share your photos and experience of using machine, want to ask you j how long you think it would of took without the machine and how long did it take with the machine ,as you know I am looking at them so your comments are appreciated.
Vince

Cheers mate.
Just thought I'd post something up so its not just arguments and weird things were all reading about [emoji16][emoji23]

It took us 4.5 hours to set up, spray,rule,flatten and clean down.
This included a little hiccup where I had to call Ian.

Hand balling we would of done the front in afternoon scrapped in morning and then the 2 sides as one laid that afternoon and scrapped next morning so 2.5 days.

Would be different in summer.
We'd of sprayed in morning and scrapped afternoon.
Or 2 days hand balling.

We're not the quickest and also fresh with machine so I'm sure it could be done lot quicker by some.

I think it's the best business decision I've made, I know I've only had it on one job so far but I've been rendering 8months of the year the last 2 so it's going to be a great investment!

What's with the White beads there, looks like j30, you can get beads the same colour.

Last edited:
Cheers mate.
Just thought I'd post something up so its not just arguments and weird things were all reading about [emoji16][emoji23]

It took us 4.5 hours to set up, spray,rule,flatten and clean down.
This included a little hiccup where I had to call Ian.

Hand balling we would of done the front in afternoon scrapped in morning and then the 2 sides as one laid that afternoon and scrapped next morning so 2.5 days.

Would be different in summer.
We'd of sprayed in morning and scrapped afternoon.
Or 2 days hand balling.

We're not the quickest and also fresh with machine so I'm sure it could be done lot quicker by some.

I think it's the best business decision I've made, I know I've only had it on one job so far but I've been rendering 8months of the year the last 2 so it's going to be a great investment!

Brilliant ,
Got to say I am a bit jealous watching you spray that house up and thanks for sharing
All the best with the rest of your jobs

Vince

Also after getting advice on here from others and a couple of the dealers I decided the ritmo L was perfect for me and Ian at PFTWales sorted me out with one.

Picky I know, :LOL: but it's details like that, that you notice.

Clients choice mate. I like colour match and contrast beads tbh. It's preference I suppose.

J30 Opal is the colour.
I've always struggled to get colour match beads for any thing other than standard colours aswell without being charged for full Box's! Any advice on where to get them?

Sas probeads best about quality wise,
16 odd different standard colours.
Just buy a full box man, if your rendering you'll use the rest again anyhow.

Sas probeads best about quality wise,
16 odd different standard colours.
Just buy a full box man, if your rendering you'll use the rest again anyhow.

That's the beads I use on my standard mono jobs, SIG only ever have ivory or white though.
Can you get direct or singularly anywhere else? I'm out a space as it is in garage let alone with a few Box's of beads.