Re skimming over existing plaster

LGH97

So I fixed a small damp issue on a house of a friend where a wall had just been plastered over plaster and plaster to try and fix the issue which I’ve now solved! After 6 months The wall is now completely dry, all the bits of plaster are flaking off the wall and there is a pile of dust on the floor job done ! Just wondering how to attack re skimming as I’ve done a bit but Im not too confident! Been reading a lot about high suction low suction and what to use ? Would PvA or even SBR work as a seal the day before skimming ?
Thanks,

So I fixed a small damp issue on a house of a friend where a wall had just been plastered over plaster and plaster to try and fix the issue which I’ve now solved! After 6 months The wall is now completely dry, all the bits of plaster are flaking off the wall and there is a pile of dust on the floor job done ! Just wondering how to attack re skimming as I’ve done a bit but Im not too confident! Been reading a lot about high suction low suction and what to use ? Would PvA or even SBR work as a seal the day before skimming ?
Thanks,

Erm ok

Thanks,
Not to be an arse but get a professional to sort it...... You cannot skim over contaminated plaster... It must be removed, treat the substrate with an anti salt solution and render with a water resistant render.....let it cure for a couple of weeks then skim....

Yet another DIYer scared off the forum.

Is the idea generally to ensure they always pay for a plasterer? Its not a great one really because the numbers being persuaded here will be tiny compared to the overall market for those needing theirs walls/ceilings skimmed etc.

Is the idea generally to ensure they always pay for a plasterer? Its not a great one really because the numbers being persuaded here will be tiny compared to the overall market for those needing theirs walls/ceilings skimmed etc.

You are a diyer yourself so you would say that,question you asked other day which I cant remember but fook me it had me in stitches