Price per m2 questions - IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

Hi,

i usually do domestic jobs on price. Latley, I have had a few calls asking me to price per m2 for some bigger refurbishments/site jobs.

So my questions are...

what do you guys charge for...

Dot, dab and skim (labour only)
Board & skim ceilings (labour only)
Board ceilings (labour only)

Dot, dab and skim (labour & mats)
Board & skim ceilings (labour & mats)
Board ceilings (labour & mats)

As it sais in the title, if you dont like discussing prices then dont post moody comments, just dont post at all to avoid arguments.

I have no problem discussing rates.... I usually charge anywhere from £150 to £250 per day depending on what part of town im in.

im london based by the way.

Thanks in advance!

this really fucks me off when people ask for prices, how do i know we're not going for the same.....only joking.

i dont think people mind talking about prices, i think they mind seeing the same question asked every week by some1 (no offence mate) who has been here 5 mins.

pricing jobs to make a profit and do it at a fair price is a job in itself, if u are experienced you shouldn't really be asking these questions.
your price's are your price's not anybody else's

my old gaffer use to take me out at night to quote jobs with him and teach me how to speak to customers. i have never had trouble pricing.

you get some jobs, you dont its all part of the game mate.

good luck, mac

mac_plastering said:
i dont think people mind talking about prices, i think they mind seeing the same question asked every week by some1 (no offence mate) who has been here 5 mins.

pricing jobs to make a profit and do it at a fair price is a job in itself, if u are experienced you shouldn't really be asking these questions.
your price's are your price's not anybody else's

my old gaffer use to take me out at night to quote jobs with him and teach me how to speak to customers. i have never had trouble pricing.

you get some jobs, you dont its all part of the game mate.

good luck, mac

no offence taken, just so you know, i have been a member for a while just dont really post that often.

also, im very experienced in pricing, just not my m2 hence why i asked. I used the search facility and looked a loads of posts but none really ansered my exact question.

reagrds

sale on £1 a metre whatever you want and polski, lithuanian, language lesson and free 3, 5, or 7 day plasterers course thrown in so you wont have mither me ever again

well i am up north mate so the price's will differ. if its refurb work you should expect to get a bit more £.
dot & dab & skim we use to get £6 so u might still get that down there its about £4.50 up here.
skim to board here its £1.80 - £2.70 so again maybe more down there. skimming ceilings is no different to walls now in the eyes of the payers. boarding im not too sure on the m2 side so i wouldn't like to say but dryliners round here are paid £1.70 m2. these are labour only prices

but like i said prices differ depending on where you are, refurbs you could push it a little more.

site job then.

I'm in edinburgh so wouldn't try for more than 3.50 top level on site labour only and that's small site, big site usually about the ball park mac says. Londons usually a bit more eh. If I'm supplying the gear I'd just divide the amount of metres per price of bag (so 10 metres per bag, 5 quid a bag = 50p a m2 inc mats plus pva etc etc) and add that on top of my labour. Angles and fiddly bits are day work.

shapeshifter when wiping youre bumb do you ever push a little too hard and go throught the paper and do you ever do it on purpose ::)

spunky said:
shapeshifter when wiping youre bumb do you ever push a little too hard and go throught the paper and do you ever do it on purpose ::)

It's funny that when that happens, you always have to sniff your fingers just to make sure it's poo. Like it's going to be anything else. Sometimes my poo smells that good I could taste it.

i never smell my finger, i go straight for the lick... i cant resist eating that peanut twice!

i had a bit of poo on my sleeve from my little girl and i thought it was curry so i tried to nibble it off before i went out :-[

TonyM said:
spunky said:

It's funny that when that happens, you always have to sniff your fingers just to make sure it's poo. Like it's going to be anything else. Sometimes my poo smells that good I could taste it.

Thats just not gross enough mate :)

site price labour only as a subbie A= 5.00 B=4.50 C= 2.00 (although 1 site I know are payin 90p M2 for screwin ceilings up) labour only prices if you want them to take you seriously although some lads ere charge 5 times these prices and still manage to get work all depends on how much you want it or need it. mats depends on where you buy from and what discount you get so cant help you there but stick your cost on top and there you go. if you want to make proff on mats is your decision. hope this helps

i dont know where ppl get the site prices/mtr are better in london ??? in my experience large inner city sites were around the 2-2.50 for skimming and double for 2 coat maybe slightly more

Status
Not open for further replies.