Price increase

Members online

Haha, please carry on, I love it. Enjoy a feisty debate. Went to Jamaica by the way. Met some nice Americans too, but mainly fat and arrogant.
Isn't that all Americans? America is best place in the world according to them yet I have no interest in going there I'm a south east Asia man myself, any how Brexit is turning out to be a good thing apparently all the doom mongers who said would be a complete collapse if we voted to leave have now said they got it wrong what you will say is it hasn't started yet but truth is everything is gonna be alright,well I say that loosely we mere plasterers will still be getting up going to work for the same money and plastering walls only the very bottom and the very top get help

Isn't that all Americans? America is best place in the world according to them yet I have no interest in going there I'm a south east Asia man myself, any how Brexit is turning out to be a good thing apparently all the doom mongers who said would be a complete collapse if we voted to leave have now said they got it wrong what you will say is it hasn't started yet but truth is everything is gonna be alright,well I say that loosely we mere plasterers will still be getting up going to work for the same money and plastering walls only the very bottom and the very top get help

Flip me I almost fully agree with you. What part of Asia are you from? Zolco, yes thanks great time. Went with family and sister's family, 8 of us. Was a resort which isn't my thing but managed to get into the countryside a bit and tricked them by getting the driver on the sly to drive through trenchtown in Kingston on the way home which they didn't like as is pretty dodgy area, but got to see bob Marleys house and stop off at his tuff gong studio. Rarely seen poverty like that before though.

Flip me I almost fully agree with you. What part of Asia are you from? Zolco, yes thanks great time. Went with family and sister's family, 8 of us. Was a resort which isn't my thing but managed to get into the countryside a bit and tricked them by getting the driver on the sly to drive through trenchtown in Kingston on the way home which they didn't like as is pretty dodgy area, but got to see bob Marleys house and stop off at his tuff gong studio. Rarely seen poverty like that before though.
I'm not from there mate I'm London born and bred I love south east Asia love Thailand I fell in love with the place I see poverty there but I looked at them in a way of they was probably more happier than I would ever be they had a real sense of making do with what they had when kids are older me and Mrs planning on doing a big travel trip there and see we can get along even if we don't agree all the time lol

I'm not from there mate I'm London born and bred I love south east Asia love Thailand I fell in love with the place I see poverty there but I looked at them in a way of they was probably more happier than I would ever be they had a real sense of making do with what they had when kids are older me and Mrs planning on doing a big travel trip there and see we can get along even if we don't agree all the time lol

Haha...it's all a bit of fun. Thailand on the list, don't know why I haven't been yet, looks awesome.

Yamaha put their prices up 25% on Jan 1st about 6 or 7 years ago ... blamed the rising yen!
An R1 went from 9 to 12 grand overnight.

Obviously, sales took a nose dive and incentive deals had to be done to shift stock.

There is RRP, and there is the real price you pay.

Yup I am negotiating a new yammy at the moment but I wont pay anywhere near the RRP

I have heard pretty much everybody is putting their prices up 17% which is pretty terrible... most are blaming brexit but I am wondering if that is just a ploy to get some better profits in 2017

There's a 22% ish increase for the price of thermalite blocks, anything cementinous is going up along with stuff like gypsum and other quarried and processed materials. It's got fcuk all to do with Brexit though. The two big factors are a shortage of ash for the blocks, and large increases in the fuel costs for production and transport as the gas price is increasing as well as diesel price. A third smaller but still significant cost increase is the environmental levies. Production of 1 tonne of cement produces 1 tonne of CO2.

Will my prices and rates go up? Of course they will, I'm running a business and the same as any other business Overheads + Profit = Price. It's not rocket science.

Parex render goes up 8% in march, I think we spent around 100 grand with Parex last year so,it's a big increase. Our skip companies just informed me there going up 12% next month. Business rates on our yard are going up soon, As said it just gets passed on to the customer.

Be nice mate, but for now and likely a while yet, I'm still an employee, can't see anything happening for a while yet. but any and whatever homers I get the rates will be up.

That's always been the weird thing of employee pay rates. The only time you get a decent increase is when you change jobs. The company you worked for ends up paying more to replace you and the merry-go-round continues. o_O

Aye well, out boys wages are competitive, no real complaints there, wouldn't turn an extra few quid away all the same. Lol

Filled the Mrs car up today and unleaded Upto 119.9 and diesel around 122.9 where I live with materials up as well it all points to putting your prices up end of day as @imago says your running a business and can't just work for wages there has to be profit no one will pay for you looking at jobs collecting materials doing invoices but it's all time that should be charged for in the long run,few I know who are vat registered are the ones that can lose work purely on putting on 20% because the government tells them too even small increases on your day or price work will be a move in right direction

Filled the Mrs car up today and unleaded Upto 119.9 and diesel around 122.9 where I live with materials up as well it all points to putting your prices up end of day as @imago says your running a business and can't just work for wages there has to be profit no one will pay for you looking at jobs collecting materials doing invoices but it's all time that should be charged for in the long run,few I know who are vat registered are the ones that can lose work purely on putting on 20% because the government tells them too even small increases on your day or price work will be a move in right direction
When u are saying bout prices, my van Insurance has went up slightly even though it's an extra year's no claims. Contacted them and apparently insurance has rent up 25per cent across the board. Pity my wages haven't! Lol

When u are saying bout prices, my van Insurance has went up slightly even though it's an extra year's no claims. Contacted them and apparently insurance has rent up 25per cent across the board. Pity my wages haven't! Lol
And that's why even if you increase by 10% it's the right move but if your an employee don't you get free fuel ect?

I'm a self employed employee, if that makes sense lol. And aye he gives extra to cover diesel.

That's always been the weird thing of employee pay rates. The only time you get a decent increase is when you change jobs. The company you worked for ends up paying more to replace you and the merry-go-round continues. o_O
That's why I treat my employees well, the cost of recruiting and replacing and the sheer ball ache ain't worth it.

It's to cover all these cash for crash cases, whiplash claims the money has to come from somewhere.

It's to cover all these cash for crash cases, whiplash claims the money has to come from somewhere.
No doubt mate, not much use me never claimed in my nelly having to fork out due to other chancing bastards. No probs if genuinely hurt but not many are!

No doubt mate, not much use me never claimed in my nelly having to fork out due to other chancing bastards. No probs if genuinely hurt but not many are!
I've never claimed either I'm on 14 years no claims now and my insurance still hasn't really dropped it's not increasing but nor is it decreasing sort of levels off.ive had some nice motors in my youth and the amount of insurance I paid in my 20's runs into tens of thousands never claimed a penny, apparently there's a new scheme to crack down on crash for cash claims this year the governments going to launch so we'll see I guess.

Parex render goes up 8% in march, I think we spent around 100 grand with Parex last year so,it's a big increase. Our skip companies just informed me there going up 12% next month. Business rates on our yard are going up soon, As said it just gets passed on to the customer.

£100K at 8% increase is £8K....how much is a bag of Parex those days? Most popular Monorex GM or Monoblanco?

£8k that guy must be loaded, that's enough money to buy a new ritmo or m200 but let's not go there :endesacuerdo:

One love

£100K at 8% increase is £8K....how much is a bag of Parex those days? Most popular Monorex GM or Monoblanco?
All bagged render normally goes up each year with inflation so generally 2% ish some gets passed onto the renderer some the supplier swallows up or adds it the year after so a 4% jump. Some absorb it,as the supplier to the renderer get retentions back from the manufacturers based on volume they sell and just offset it.you always pay somewhere down the line, but equally I always put up our rates every so often anyhow to swallow it.

All bagged render normally goes up each year with inflation so generally 2% ish some gets passed onto the renderer some the supplier swallows up or adds it the year after so a 4% jump. Some absorb it,as the supplier to the renderer get retentions back from the manufacturers based on volume they sell and just offset it.you always pay somewhere down the line, but equally I always put up our rates every so often anyhow to swallow it.

I understand that logic, sure. Also I believe that manufacturing and supply processes are still incorporate too many inefficiencies and extra unnecessary costs. For example it is not uncommon when a bag of render being loaded and unloaded 4 to 5 times before it reaches a final customer, eg yourself via 2 to 3 distributors sometimes as well. Also you got an office staff of the supplier to be paid for. Bauwer supply chain works differently, we supply directly from our manufacturing plants to you via our distribution center in midlands; all process are automated so no need to pay an extra costs. In simple terms you pay for the render only not overheads, etc.

I've had my Jub price increase yesterday and was shocked [emoji33] at how much it was I nearly dropped my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk