Persimmon homes

Members online

No members online now.
Couple of my mates brought new builds and they have had nothing but problems with tape coming off walls mold paint brushes off and a forever snagging list. Rather buy a cheaper house and spend the difference making it nice.

@Vincey

Can't speak for persimmon but buying a new build is fantastic imo.

1) Nothing to spend on renovating for 10yrs

2) Warm well insulated heating efficient.

3) No stupid damp and condensation hidden problems.

4) No new roofs, gutterings soffit, bathrooms, kitchen etc

5) No wankey people's old diy to sort ie have g to rip off there want tiling,skirting, woodwork, door, door casings etc.

6) No 30+ yrs of people's want painting efforts to have to burn off.

7) No territorial neighbours that have been there 50yrs that have let there F*****g trees grow into your garden and shite.

8) Can stretch your finances and have notti g else to worry about from day 1 for 10yrs.

9) Ultimately you snag anything your unhappy with anyway.

10) ****just don't buy 1 with any render as all renders wank***

11) No upward chain

12) And most importantly your the first person to shot in your bog!!!

Don't let these peasants put you off!!!!
Good point sir!

Just be aware @Vincey the show home will be near perfect and be cleverly designed to look bigger than it actually is and will have women going headlong into signing one up straight away.

I’d sooner stretch myself and by a wreck that’s a blank canvas than by a new build that wanky tradesman have worked on. I like things to be plumb and square, I even put my skirting boards on with a laser level and scribed them to the floors. And with the fibrous cornice. So it’s the same distance apart at the front of my house as it is at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d sooner stretch myself and by a wreck that’s a blank canvas than by a new build that wanky tradesman have worked on. I like things to be plumb and square, I even put my skirting boards on with a laser level and scribed them to the floors. And with the fibrous cornice. So it’s the same distance apart at the front of my house as it is at the back.

That's not being fussy, that's being a f**k**g weirdo! No offense.

0e27aa48e72a0e7a9c967997a7c6cef3.jpg

Get this @Vincey old working men’s club 5 terraced houses 10 bedrooms. Your trowels could have a bedroom each. On a brighter note it’s not a bad investment, individually they’d sell about 75k or £500 a month rent. Will go for less than 150k to been up for a while now.

0e27aa48e72a0e7a9c967997a7c6cef3.jpg

Get this @Vincey old working men’s club 5 terraced houses 10 bedrooms. Your trowels could have a bedroom each. On a brighter note it’s not a bad investment, individually they’d sell about 75k or £500 a month rent. Will go for less than 150k to been up for a while now.

now were talking (y)
i bagsey a room xx

Did you really use a laser?

Did you really use a laser?

Yeah, first house I didn’t and it used to wind me up when I sat down. Window cill level rad level skirt pissed. Bought all the skirts 7” ogee in mdf had them delivered to my mates workshops so he could rebate the backs off them to make it easier to scribe. In my hall it was 2” to nothing. Next time I’m levelling the floors if I’ve got the time and dosh. Everything flows better when it’s level and plumb.

The margins running out on the skirting would drive me mad ;)

The persimmon homes are not for then flynnyman, some poor buggar has bought the showhouse otherwise I’d of took some photos for you. All sold though just the apartments left. @Vincey if you go and look at the showhouse take some snaps. This house was red rose dab tape and fill. It was embarrassing.

The persimmon homes are not for then flynnyman, some poor buggar has bought the showhouse otherwise I’d of took some photos for you. All sold though just the apartments left. @Vincey if you go and look at the showhouse take some snaps. This house was red rose dab tape and fill. It was embarrassing.

Lol and I probably know who done it :)

The grey you can see is cement board sprayed slate grey, all the joints had to finish behind the lathes then 120mm of kingspan vapour barrier new spars felt and battened. I don’t know the meterage of it but 12000 24x14 slate went back on. Joiners had a mare with the boarding all so that it looked like slate.