Patches in Monocouche

Members online

Philyboy

Title says it all really. We are quite new to this and everything seems to be going ok it's just that after we rub it up we keep getting these patches or smoothish areas that you can see if you look for them.
We are applying by hand and rubbing down after about ninety minutes or a couple of hours.
I think that we we are rubbing a bit early but would appreciate other opinions.
Thanks.

Title says it all really. We are quite new to this and everything seems to be going ok it's just that after we rub it up we keep getting these patches or smoothish areas that you can see if you look for them.
We are applying by hand and rubbing down after about ninety minutes or a couple of hours.
I think that we we are rubbing a bit early but would appreciate other opinions.
Thanks.
Way to early.

Ok I left it longer today before scratching back and it seems to be a lot better. Had it coated by twelve and started scratching at four. Looks nice...... In the shade anyway.

Have to agree , if it’s mashed up admit it and do the right thing , either smash the lot of and redo it or give money back

Putting on Too thin, to warm for hand application ie sun on you,not working to a wet edge ,cutting back to early.... take your pick.
I’m glad your not practising on my house.

What to you mean not working to a wet edge?
Have to agree , if it’s mashed up admit it and do the right thing , either smash the lot of and redo it or give money back

Easy Cowboy.

The Job was one that nobody wanted for a slum Landlord who only had it done so that he could get a mortgage. Not for the benefit of the tenants who he couldn't give a s**t about.

I explained that it wouldn't be perfect but having said that it darn nearly is just for a few patches that he never even spotted despite looking for god knows how long.

This of scaffold that I think must have been put up by a blind Gypsy in a rush but he wouldn't care cause it's not him on it.

In short he got what he needed and I got experience.

Thanks to those who have responded.

Oh and the s**t has paid me fifty quid short because one day I finished by half two. What a guy.

What to you mean not working to a wet edge?

Easy Cowboy.

The Job was one that nobody wanted for a slum Landlord who only had it done so that he could get a mortgage. Not for the benefit of the tenants who he couldn't give a s**t about.

I explained that it wouldn't be perfect but having said that it darn nearly is just for a few patches that he never even spotted despite looking for god knows how long.

This of scaffold that I think must have been put up by a blind Gypsy in a rush but he wouldn't care cause it's not him on it.

In short he got what he needed and I got experience.

Thanks to those who have responded.

Oh and the s**t has paid me fifty quid short because one day I finished by half two. What a guy.

With the greatest of respect it's people like yourself "having a go for beer money" which is slowly killing the modern rendering trade.

Yes he got you at a bargain, but that's at the expense of another local firm that has put the time & experience in to become established that slowly see there rates also being dragged down to compete with have a go Joe's!

With the greatest of respect it's people like yourself "having a go for beer money" which is slowly killing the modern rendering trade.

Yes he got you at a bargain, but that's at the expense of another local firm that has put the time & experience in to become established that slowly see there rates also being dragged down to compete with have a go Joe's!
everyone started as a haveagojo?

I practised on a landlords many houses for years without f**k**g up anyones homes.
Folks on here claim to be time served but how can you gain time and experience without practising maybe for lower wages to enable yourself to become competent and able to charge more in the future?

Just realised you cannot put swear words on here but its ok to talk and act like a comedy actor from a 1970s sitcom?

Zombie, how much did he pay me? You say it was beer money so tell me how much for seventy metres.
Don't get me wrong I know what your getting at but I don't like your tone.
And I don't drink nor smoke.