Parex or Lime Render?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a presentation where a guy showed that the wall ties in the cavity block houses could cause cold bridging and with the -6 and -7 degree frost we are now getting cold bridging, condensation and moulds are a real concern.

From memory, wasn't there a time when chopping out the walls ties was all the rage to cure this problem. Must have looked like the backdrop to a 20mm firing squad.

YOU have lost me Brendan first you say thin bedding can cause condensation which i said i doupt then you answer with wall ties, we are talking about solid walls not cavity work.:RpS_unsure:

Do you know what cold bridging is???. I do not have to ask spunky.

From memory, wasn't there a time when chopping out the walls ties was all the rage to cure this problem. Must have looked like the backdrop to a 20mm firing squad.

They tried all sorts of ideas but none has worked 100% that I know of. The best idea (I thought) was 4 inch block, polystyrene, cavity and 4 inch block until I saw the poroton blocks. For new builds but there are thousands of houses out there that have to be fixed.

Had the agent from Socli (Castle and Roundtower) round to specify internal and external renders. He advised to use the Natural hydraulic lime (3.5 or 5) / sand with a handful of cement as a base coat for both and then Monolys internally and Rencolor externally. Both systems can be manual or machine applied.

Then my friend he is talking like a c**t, handfull of cement in NHL i think he is just trying to sell you something, as has been said Mono is the best finish for these blocks and a damned site cheaper than NHL which is totaly not needed on n ew work.

Status
Not open for further replies.