ocassional ripples...s*p*r*lex

Members online

I certainly wouldn't call them a gimmick, they are pretty well established now and are also highly regarded.

Im pretty sure the finish isn't necessarily down to the trowel but also the spread? The trowel is only as good as the guy holding it

Saying this, timings are very different when using a SF compared to a MT... They are very different trowels
Completely disagree, a finishing trowel that hasnt got the strength to flatten the gear at all is completely flawed, why bother with it at all? Concidering we dont like to polish the finish after all, which is about all they could be good for! I don't think those of us that have had issues are s**t spreads, I am sure all of us tried different timings and different approaches before giving up on them!

I only ever used sf for final cross I would imagine it would be terrible to flatten with reason I like Speedskim to flatten is it moves the gear around but don't drag it off.
With all the different trowels I think it's definitely down to the plasterer which is probably why so many different views on all of them, times of flattening or finishing have to be slightly changed with all of them compared to marshalltown all the way through.
Uve got to leave it to go in for ages if flattening with a sf..not 1 spread in world cud flatten a wall with a sf and if there say there can there a bullshitter its nowt to do with who's holding the sf its just science u cant flatten a wall that glides over bumps scientific fact I'm afraid..u cant even see the discrepancys to the naked eye wen flattening so u think everything is fine til the f**k*r has been painted and light hits it there like invisible until light hits it

N
Completely disagree, a finishing trowel that hasnt got the strength to flatten the gear at all is completely flawed, why bother with it at all? Concidering we dont like to polish the finish after all, which is about all they could be good for! I don't think those of us that have had issues are s**t spreads, I am sure all of us tried different timings and different approaches before giving up on them!
Nail on head..

Carbon Steel is the future......................:numberone:
I started with a carbon steel trowel in 1989 then had stainless steel trowels for years.A year ago I bought a standard mt carbon steel and after breaking it in use it now for skimming only.I'll only ever use carbon steel from now on,but everyone has their own way of doing things.

Its a 0.3mm Super FLEXible stainless steel blade.... I fail to understand the theory being it being flawed still. The reviews speak for themselves really.

I haven't said anyone is a bad spread and don't mean that at all. Some products will work for some and not others. Some love the speed skim or EZE Spat others hate them.

At the end of the day its what works for each spread... Some find it works and works very well for them, others don't

A NeLa s*p*r*lex was used on this, here is the picture mist coated and finally painted. The guy who sent these pictures used the NeLa s*p*r*lex to flatten and finish...
12511189_1678311882450919_99832397_o.jpg
12494240_1678312439117530_1511609393_o.jpg

Not the best images but all I have to hand.

As said, it works for some and not for others. The NeLa s*p*r*lex has been said to have many benefits to helping the plasterer achieve the desired level of finish. Reviews also show it to have benefits of reducing the wear and tear on a spread.

These are reviews we have had all over the NeLa Trowels UK Facebook page

Its a 0.3mm Super FLEXible stainless steel blade.... I fail to understand the theory being it being flawed still. The reviews speak for themselves really.

I haven't said anyone is a bad spread and don't mean that at all. Some products will work for some and not others. Some love the speed skim or EZE Spat others hate them.

At the end of the day its what works for each spread... Some find it works and works very well for them, others don't
I'm not getting at that really the guys who have said its ace honestly havnt seen the light hit it and painted up..i like the sf as a last finish trowel wen the wall has practicly gone off..2 months ago id be sat on other side of fence saying nah u must be doing it wrong etc to other spreads but every man who says nah i flatten mine with a sf and it looks great its bullshit and Id travel country if I could to prove them wrong..c if nela will sponsor me and Il take a few month off work and prove to nela u cnt flatten with a sf..fact

As said, it works for some and not for others. The NeLa s*p*r*lex has been said to have many benefits to helping the plasterer achieve the desired level of finish. Reviews also show it to have benefits of reducing the wear and tear on a spread.

Haha I can c 2 ripples in the mis coat 1 hahaha gud pic point proved lol

That shows f**k all mate ,lol ,sorry had to say it

I'm not getting at that really the guys who have said its ace honestly havnt seen the light hit it and painted up..i like the sf as a last finish trowel wen the wall has practicly gone off..2 months ago id be sat on other side of fence saying nah u must be doing it wrong etc to other spreads but every man who says nah i flatten mine with a sf and it looks great its bullshit and Id travel country if I could to prove them wrong..c if nela will sponsor me and Il take a few month off work and prove to nela u cnt flatten with a sf..fact

@scottie5 may disagree as he uses it for this, he even lays on with one...

At the end of the day, I know the product and know from the thousands of reviews that it works and people rate it. Not just our NeLa s*p*r*lex but the Refina version as well.

These style of trowels have been used in Europe since 2007 and continue to sell very well.

Its all down to personal choice, it will work for some and not others

@Marshy once put a picture of a ceiling up ,spot on ,any spread could see that ,but it was the angle he used to show it at its best

Haha I can c 2 ripples in the mis coat 1 hahaha gud pic point proved lol

I just messaged the guy who sent me these with this comment. He response is as follows:

'It's a must cost it's the roller
That's one watered down coat. Its same wall in red, if you look there isn't a ripple!!

At the end of the day, I know the product and know from the thousands of reviews that it works and people rate it. Not just our NeLa s*p*r*lex but the Refina version as well.

These style of trowels have been used in Europe since 2007 and continue to sell very well.

Its all down to personal choice, it will work for some and not others
I rate it! Its just not for flattening! 80% of them reviews will be going on how shinny it makes a wall and how easier it seems etc which It does but it does leave invisible ripples to the naked eye and its a fact..rant over I'm off to bed

I rate it! Its just not for flattening! 80% of them reviews will be going on how shinny it makes a wall and how easier it seems etc which It does but it does leave invisible ripples to the naked eye and its a fact..rant over I'm off to bed

I agree its not for flattening mate. I know you like it :numberone:

Its also why its called a finishing trowel - not a flattening trowel. I do agree with you mate.
We also don't recommend the venetian finish for Multi

@Marshy finishes with an EZE Spat on ceilings. The blade is exactly the same nature as a s*p*r*lex trowel.

I have seen many comment and many praise his work
i was more giving a heads up on photo advertising ,not getting involved with who uses what trowel ,as i could be dead by the time this finishes

I just messaged the guy who sent me these with this comment. He response is as follows:

'It's a must cost it's the roller
That's one watered down coat. Its same wall in red, if you look there isn't a ripple!!
Zoom in under the light in the red paint pic and tell me that isn't a ripple..and that's on a poor pic if I went there id show u myself a ripple or 2

Do you ever get the speedskim drag s**t through your work?
Only if theres bits in the mix or labs left s**t on the wall etc or if something goes on a bit quick but generally flatten as soon as its on with it then flatten again straight away as soon as layed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk