New van time anybody got a new trafic/vivaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics
Looks a good job on the shelves.
I'm going to be adding the false floor so I can get the boards under it where you've got your levels etc

It looks like you've put supporting timbers in there so the boards will go on top of the floor with all your tools in the racking
I doing my board storage down the drivers side of the back..easier on the old knackered back and still can have levels,beads and ladders above them...I got no pictures yet but will post soon,been trying to do my van since January, lol

If the
Yes the height will get restricted a bit
That's one of the reasons that I only want enough space for 5-8 boards in there.

The trafics are quite low to start with but I'm sure 100mm or so will be ok
I'll have to weigh it up when I have it in front of me

The other option it to do as you have but I just know the floor would end up full of craps defeating the object of it.
It all depends if I can live with the available height after.

I'll definitely get some pics up once done.
Boards are underneath how are you going to s
Yes the height will get restricted a bit
That's one of the reasons that I only want enough space for 5-8 boards in there.

The trafics are quite low to start with but I'm sure 100mm or so will be ok
I'll have to weigh it up when I have it in front of me

The other option it to do as you have but I just know the floor would end up full of craps defeating the object of it.
It all depends if I can live with the available height after.

I'll definitely get some pics up once done.
Just can't see how you are going to support the middle of the floor, plastering idea might be better running the boards down the side if they fit

Boards don't fit in the swb down the side because of the bulkhead

The framing for the floor will have to be done in box steel support across to make sure not to sag

Will probably lose 125mm of height ish and eat about 8 boards and any straight edges etc.
The thing I also like about the new tragic is the complete load through flap under the passenger seat
Enables lengths of 3.6 cove to slide right in and obviously beads.

The lwb obviously will take boards at the side but due to certain reasons I need a swb van

Incidentally when I took actual measurements from inside one of the vans I actually measured the load slightly longer than the spec sheet.

It will definitely be a concoction of different ideas

The good thing is I have a mate who works in steel fabrication so can get the frame knocked up cheaply if I go that way with the floor.

The framing for the floor will have to be done in box steel support across to make sure not to sag

Will probably lose 125mm of height ish and eat about 8 boards and any straight edges etc.
The thing I also like about the new tragic is the complete load through flap under the passenger seat

The lwb obviously will take boards at the side but due to certain reasons I need a swb van

Incidentally when I took actual measurements from inside one of the vans I actually measured the load slightly longer than the spec sheet.

The good thing is I have a mate who works in steel fabrication so can get the frame knocked up cheaply if I go that way with the floor.
Yeah you are right ..i got the lwb
Was going to get short but didn't because as you say you can get a few on the bottom but not standing up...same with new transit swb as well.
Just don't use 9.5mm boards lol
All these vans we got to choice from and none of them are any good.

Had the van a week, clutch disappeared on the m26. Back to Renault it's gone and apparently it's had a new master hydraulics cylinder fitted.

Bit of a ballache but I must say they fixed it in a day which I thought was good

Didn't think they did in the swb , if you got a mate to do it your quids in, I had a weekend and 3 kids to entertain so time was something in short supply

Thought about a side door draw like this
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(3).jpg

Didn't think they did in the swb , if you got a mate to do it your quids in, I had a weekend and 3 kids to entertain so time was something in short supply
The new shape has a longer load to fit 8x4's flat on the floor
The old shape swb won't take a sheet any way maybe corner to corner

This genius has made a new video almost in tears about his fiat doblo unreliability but he's only gone and traded it in for the same model.

check out the protein shake gulp at the start and a quick review of his sweater :musculoso:

This genius has made a new video almost in tears about his fiat doblo unreliability but he's only gone and traded it in for the same model.

check out the protein shake gulp at the start and a quick review of his sweater :musculoso:

just why?:muyenojado:

What a pratt, and people follow this dipstick

The new shape has a longer load to fit 8x4's flat on the floor
The old shape swb won't take a sheet any way maybe corner to corner

8' x 4' boards? Surely that's not an issue any longer?

@Nisus told me that under EU law 8' x 4' boards have been banned as they're too big to handle safely. I have to order 6' x 3' now.

That bloke has issues, to the point where it makes you feel a bit uncomfortable taking the p1ss. :(

8' x 4' boards? Surely that's not an issue any longer?

@Nisus told me that under EU law 8' x 4' boards have been banned as they're too big to handle safely. I have to order 6' x 3' now.
True he is right..same with the 25kg bags of plaster now as well..

Plasterers aren't allowed to carry them to the job they are over weight e.u restrictions
Someone else has to put them next to mixing buckets..

Also some bags may rip..another h n s issue

I have the new shape Vauxhall vivaro lwb crew cab it's been spot on so far (touch wood) excellent mpg very comfy.had it 6 months now and had no problems.brilliant to drive with cruise control sat mav,reversing sensors and blue tooth for ur phone it's been a lot better for sorting stuff out when driving.8x4s don't fit in the back though cos of the extra seats but I mainly work on site so not carrying materials.did a full house refurb a couple months back though and just got all materials delivered

Good
I have the new shape Vauxhall vivaro lwb crew cab it's been spot on so far (touch wood) excellent mpg very comfy.had it 6 months now and had no problems.brilliant to drive with cruise control sat mav,reversing sensors and blue tooth for ur phone it's been a lot better for sorting stuff out when driving.8x4s don't fit in the back though cos of the extra seats but I mainly work on site so not carrying materials.did a full house refurb a couple months back though and just got all materials delivered

Good to know someone with a good review.
I've opted for the swb version
I myself won't be carrying many sheets but its always handy to be able to carry 3,4 or 5 as I find it a major ball ache on deliveries unless it's a decent sized delivery.

Must be mad as I went for the all toys option
So sat nav, reverse camera etc
Should be here next week hopefully!

Good

Good to know someone with a good review.
I've opted for the swb version
I myself won't be carrying many sheets but its always handy to be able to carry 3,4 or 5 as I find it a major ball ache on deliveries unless it's a decent sized delivery.

Must be mad as I went for the all toys option
So sat nav, reverse camera etc
Should be here next week hopefully!
I'm just pricing new vans at the moment did u go fiance and buy the van or contact rental?

I decided to do hire purchase

One of the reasons being the Renault variant has 4 year warranty with breakdown

The other reasons being that it worked the payments were more on contract hire/purchase/lease than hp albeit over less months. This way I also have something that has a value at the end of the agreement and I will own it as opposed to handing back with nothing or getting another.
No mileage or condition restraints
If it turns out to be a great van I'll keep it for a long time. If it's crap I'll chop it in just before warranty ends and look for something else.

I decided to do hire purchase

One of the reasons being the Renault variant has 4 year warranty with breakdown

The other reasons being that it worked the payments were more on contract hire/purchase/lease than hp albeit over less months. This way I also have something that has a value at the end of the agreement and I will own it as opposed to handing back with nothing or getting another.
No mileage or condition restraints
If it turns out to be a great van I'll keep it for a long time. If it's crap I'll chop it in just before warranty ends and look for what company is that with ?
I'm looking at transit custom at the moment bin and sat in one and there lovely vans not seen a Renault tho just the 1.6 turbo engine worries me that they won't have longevity or say the 2.2 transit or even the merc Vito with a 2.1 if I remember rightly

It's with UK vans direct (Rotherham/Barnsley)
I think they are sort of a middle man / broker as the van is coming directly from Renault UK
Had good reviews when I looked as well which is a bonus

It's the 120 sport I've ordered

Out of interest what model custom did you sit in as I did look at customs but even the base model was more expensive than the trafic I've secured

Last edited:
Think it was a limited has all the stuff on the steering wheel I know there pretty expensive but the vw transporter is even more than the transit and the vito is ok I've known people with them and the don't age well

Just make sure you read the small print on your hp agreement. I did this sort of arrangement, deposit, monthly payments then balloon thinking that once the balloon was paid the van was mine. Wrong!!! I still have to pay one months rental of what I was paying, once a year. Also, when I do eventually sell the van I have to give Bank of Scotland (lease agreement was funded by them) the VAT on what I sell it for plus 5% of sale price before the finance agreement actually comes to an end. So when I thought I would own the van after 4 years of payibg for it, it turns out the Bank actually own it and I have had the privilege of paying another 4 years worth of monthly payments on it so far as had the van 8 years. Those c**ts at Motorpoint never told me any of that even though I specifically asked about the detais of the plan. My own fault for not reading the 28 pages of small print. c**ts

Just make sure you read the small print on your hp agreement. I did this sort of arrangement, deposit, monthly payments then balloon thinking that once the balloon was paid the van was mine. Wrong!!! I still have to pay one months rental of what I was paying, once a year. Also, when I do eventually sell the van I have to give Bank of Scotland (lease agreement was funded by them) the VAT on what I sell it for plus 5% of sale price before the finance agreement actually comes to an end. So when I thought I would own the van after 4 years of payibg for it, it turns out the Bank actually own it and I have had the privilege of paying another 4 years worth of monthly payments on it so far as had the van 8 years. Those c**ts at Motorpoint never told me any of that even though I specifically asked about the detais of the plan. My own fault for not reading the 28 pages of small print. c**ts

All paperwork checks out, no balloon payment and no final fees
Once the last payment has dropped I own the vehicle outright.

It sounds like you had a contract purchase type agreement with balloon payment

I have never known hire purchase to work like that.
Hire purchase usually means you pay the deposit (VAT) then pay the remaining balance (the entire value) over the agreed period.
After which the ownership transfers you you and you own the vehicle

True he is right..same with the 25kg bags of plaster now as well..

Plasterers aren't allowed to carry them to the job they are over weight e.u restrictions
Someone else has to put them next to mixing buckets..

Also some bags may rip..another h n s issue

I was told that when working on site in 2008... they had a 20Kg weight restriction.... we had to have 2 of us carry bags of cement.... what a joke... Especially as the other spread was like @SpankySouthport and could carry 3 bags easily n his shoulder

there are a tonne of fnance options and when you first look at them you suddenly think christ that is good... then you think about it and go ermmmm nope....

you can get a credit card for say 10K limit with 0% on purchases for 25 months.... in 23 months time you can then balance transfer that to another card for say 2%.... then you have another 18 months of interest free money... boshing £400 a month would clear that 10k in 25 months if you wanted to....

there is a lot of bad stigma with credit cards but its cheap money if used correctly and if you miss a payment (i dont recommend) then you dont lose your van :D Also you can sell the van without worrying about finance being attached to it and all sorts....

The other thing is if you get finance and pay it off too quick you can get investigated for fraud... I recently financed something and paid it off 3 months later and was warned that it does not help your credit rating and can open you up for investigation....

Status
Not open for further replies.