New van time anybody got a new trafic/vivaro?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
And its got a new gearbox and clutch and a dashboard full of disco lights?!

I could always leave the sign writing on if you want to sweeten the pot (y).
Screenshot_2016-03-08-23-21-23-1.png

Since Scottie told me about his I been driving around all day in 3rd gear only

On the plus side the new shapes have got different engines..i think

Good on the fuel too
Yes but like all new shape vehicles issues are starting to surface.

No it's just over 3 years old.
But don't be fooled by the lovely new bodywork and sexy curves of the new model cause underneath that pretty exterior lives the same badly nailed together cheap as chips pile of turgid dog s**t as all the others that are littering the scrap yards up a down the country.
Totally agree wasn't there something on watchdog ?where rain was running into the engine and seizing up !

Keep telling you chaps. Get an old land rover defender 110 or 130 but rare as hens teeth! ! And a trailer if your lugging a lot of kit. 300tdi bomb proof engine and so cheap to maintain :birra:

Reading half of these posts if my landy had your woes and running costs?? I'd have to go teetotal :frenetico: :frio:

Totally agree wasn't there something on watchdog ?where rain was running into the engine and seizing up !

Sort of, that was the engines up to '09. The water trickled onto the head and the injectors rusted and seized into the head. So if the injectors needed to be changed the head had to come off and sometimes be scrapped.

Maintenance isn't cheap tho pal ?? Unless you tell me otherwise

Neither's buying them. I looked at the Transporter when I was after a van. The same spec was £12,000 more than the Vivaro and there's no way on earth that a VW is that much better when they both do the same thing.

Fair enough if you want a VW specifically, but if you want a van generally I can think of way better uses for twelve grand!

Maintenance isn't cheap tho pal ?? Unless you tell me otherwise
I've found that if you stick with main dealer for everything they do look after you, I've had merc do warranty work even after warranty was up as good will. With the white one I've just bought I had a few little jobs done and thought id shop around as it's out of warranty, it was cheaper to have the work done at its main dealer than an independent garage!

I've found that if you stick with main dealer for everything they do look after you, I've had merc do warranty work even after warranty was up as good will. With the white one I've just bought I had a few little jobs done and thought id shop around as it's out of warranty, it was cheaper to have the work done at its main dealer than an independent garage!
Wow I'd never have thought that if I'm honest. Main dealers are usually lubing them selves up as soon as you drive in with a raging hard on to shaft you !?? :rayos:

Buying a Vw transporter
Does not come with out problems !
on sport line t5.1
Passenger door is so close to door cill any debris just scrapes the paintwork when closing
Vw won't accept Liability
Sliding side door only opens when it feels like it
Will be going back for this sorting
Is A 2 yr old van

Correct that's it 25 000

And they got 1.6 bi turbo good on the mpg

I just overtook a vw on motorway
In 6th gear
Lol

I'l stick with my land rover defender. I've always had transits but never again. My landy is miles cheaper on insurance and any maintenance / repairs :numberone:

Wow I'd never have thought that if I'm honest. Main dealers are usually lubing them selves up as soon as you drive in with a raging hard on to shaft you !?? :rayos:
Don't be daft @Marshy they don't lube up, they like to go in dry so you can really feel all that friction.

I'm looking at chopping my van in. Got a LWB Vivaro on an '08 which I bought when it was 9 months old. Never had any major problems but quite a few niggles and the local main dealership were absolutely useless at solving these problems. I'm looking at a new Transit Custom LWB but by the time you've added a couple of extras and the VAT they are 23k!! That comes to 26k by the time you have financed it as I am due to remortgage thought I might try and borrow the money that way to make an outright purchase but the hoops they make you jump through for additional borrowing are laughable. I might now just keep the Vivaro til it dies as I can't be bothered with the hassle of it all

I miss sleeping in my trafic....in hindsight it was good fun

I'm looking at chopping my van in. Got a LWB Vivaro on an '08 which I bought when it was 9 months old. Never had any major problems but quite a few niggles and the local main dealership were absolutely useless at solving these problems. I'm looking at a new Transit Custom LWB but by the time you've added a couple of extras and the VAT they are 23k!! That comes to 26k by the time you have financed it as I am due to remortgage thought I might try and borrow the money that way to make an outright purchase but the hoops they make you jump through for additional borrowing are laughable. I might now just keep the Vivaro til it dies as I can't be bothered with the hassle of it all
I've just ordered 2 new transit customs lwb for May, I can get the vat back mind.theres some good deals around on vans now, really competitive, one ive bought outright, one on finance.
I've 2 transits at present there old now 2009 and a 59 plate , both bought new,only had them serviced at ford it's a fallacy to say main dealers charge a fortune they've been cheaper than an independent. should have got rid last year as they've just started to cost a fortune with stuff going wrong.

Last edited:
Trailer but mostly delivered f**k that messing around loading 8x4s at a merchants have them delivered altjo i can get 15 or so on my roof rack (just hope it doesnt raim lol)
Youd be suprised what you can fit in the back of a land rover 110

Don't be looking online for van recommendations. Scratch the surface and all you will read is horror stories of peoples engines blowing up and killing their children and dogs. For every man saying they're over the moon with their van there will be 10 online slating it calling a piece of s**t. Roll the dice and pick a van, failure can happen to any. I'm over the moon with my 2011 Master for the record :lol:

10 plate vivaro here from new, had bearing go in gear box after couple years then gearbox went just outside of warranty, they paid towards it but I had to pay labour and percentage of new box.

Other than that its been fine! Will try to keep it 10years if it makes it then get something else! Like the transit customs but just too expensive! May try and save £15000 and buy a few year old transporter or something! f**k knows, the thought of it all stresses me out!

There's an annoying rattle coming from mines at the moment when under load, took it in to my local guy and he thinks it's a loose heat shield but will need to have a look at the weekend as it's behind the engine guard. If it ends up something serious I'll be on here slating the b*****d.

Status
Not open for further replies.