New van time anybody got a new trafic/vivaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota teamed up with peugot to use thier engines and body with the toyota badge because of the emissions test and recession, i would never buy a proace but sure toyota will be back with a new hiace. The hyundi iload van looks good but only in medium wheel base.

Hyundai (korea) are doing a bigger version of the iload.
It's about transit lwb, sprinter or master, ducato size.

Their designing it for Europe. It's already been 2 years in the testing at the motor shows. I think it was in professional builder a while back.

Hyundai (korea) are doing a bigger version of the iload.
It's about transit lwb, sprinter or master, ducato size.

Their designing it for Europe. It's already been 2 years in the testing at the motor shows. I think it was in professional builder a while back.

will be interesting to see :D

Bolloxs That mileage can't be genuine 172000 there's no way itd make that sort of milage on one engine unless it's Including the miles it's done Sat on the back of a AA recovery truck 172000 :eek: I reckon he's wound the clock forward about a 125000 miles (y).

View attachment 10573

Here is the mileage on my 06 vivaro probably the best van in the world. How are you getting on with your driving lessons. @scottie5

20160320_145745.jpg

Ps has anyone money for diesel.

Last edited:
Yes I must admit your right but I used to have a long wheel base hi top transit and you find you just fill your van with more shite if your not careful
I've got a swb semi high top tranny it's perfect and racked out nicely
Doesn't miss a beat
I wouldn't no what to get next

I love my defender mate more than any transit I've owned and there have been many
I would struggle for space tools,Hotwire cutters, beads base rail ,buckets etc etc
I like everything in its place . And organized .
Now am not saying your not!!

I would struggle for space tools,Hotwire cutters, beads base rail ,buckets etc etc
I like everything in its place . And organized .
Now am not saying your not!!
I have a big trailer if I'm struggling but my stuff in the back has its place and I bollock the boy if anything is misplaced

Well that's about right and me in a vivaro if only i still had my transit :(
this is just proper discrimination fcuk you vauxhall :fuckyou:.
Screenshot_2016-03-20-19-19-45-1-1.png

Here is the mileage on my 06 vivaro probably the best van in the world. How are you getting on with your driving lessons. @scottie5

View attachment 10752
Ps has anyone money for diesel.
Thought mine at 145,000 miles was doing well but thats amazing saying that went for mot on saturday and it failed on numerous items going to cost me about £400 to put right so i might be looking for a new van after these repairs are done.

Thought mine at 145,000 miles was doing well but thats amazing saying that went for mot on saturday and it failed on numerous items going to cost me about £400 to put right so i might be looking for a new van after these repairs are done.
My van is in km (y)

Quick update as I neglected the thread and op

I decided to bite the bullet and go new
Awaiting delivery of the new trafic swb which should be in the next week or so.

Without traveling the width and breadth of the country there was just nothing going second hand at a reasonable price that was worth going for.

The new version will take 8x4s flat so that's the reason I went swb as I'll be putting a false floor in to carry a few sheets.

It's going to be a challange to keep clean etc but I'll accept that
There's now a 4 year warranty on them so no repair bills etc.

I ended up with the 120 sport version with twin turbo
Think it's supposed to wipe your arse as well

Hopefully I get a Monday-Thursday van and not the Friday van

For me personally working out costs etc it was the option that made most sense for me.

It's not going to be the same for everyone and I did toy with the idea of pre reg but after getting a heavily discounted offer on new pre reg didn't make sense.

I'm sure it will be full of crap withing the first few weeks

Quick update as I neglected the thread and op

I decided to bite the bullet and go new
Awaiting delivery of the new trafic swb which should be in the next week or so.

Without traveling the width and breadth of the country there was just nothing going second hand at a reasonable price that was worth going for.

The new version will take 8x4s flat so that's the reason I went swb as I'll be putting a false floor in to carry a few sheets.

It's going to be a challange to keep clean etc but I'll accept that
There's now a 4 year warranty on them so no repair bills etc.

I ended up with the 120 sport version with twin turbo
Think it's supposed to wipe your arse as well

Hopefully I get a Monday-Thursday van and not the Friday van

For me personally working out costs etc it was the option that made most sense for me.

It's not going to be the same for everyone and I did toy with the idea of pre reg but after getting a heavily discounted offer on new pre reg didn't make sense.

I'm sure it will be full of crap withing the first few weeks
False floor and making shelves is a what I have been doing at the weekend in my new vivaro, just want rules and stuff laid flat so I can still put sheets of plasterboard in if need be, can't stand a van with tools just thrown in ontop of each other

That's exactly what I'm after as well.
If I'm using loads of sheets then I use delivery but for 1 or 2 boards it's a bit of a joke

Out of interest is yours the new shape 2014+ vivaro? Swb or lwb?

Also are you doing the false floor frame from timber or steel?

New shape and its timber, section off so I can fit rules, beads levels and stuff also put a trap door in the middle so I can access stuff just incase it gets stuck, not sure how many sheets of plasterboard it will hold though, I don't carry much board as a rule but it's just in case

Swb?
I measured the actual van and it can take 12 up to the bulkhead protrusion obviously if raised to that height!

The thing that worries me slightly is what will be left height wise in terms of being able to get in the back without being on your knees!!

I don't suppose you have any picture of what you've done would you as it would serve as inspiration when my trafic arrives

Swb?
I measured the actual van and it can take 12 up to the bulkhead protrusion obviously if raised to that height!

The thing that worries me slightly is what will be left height wise in terms of being able to get in the back without being on your knees!!

I don't suppose you have any picture of what you've done would you as it would serve as inspiration when my trafic arrives
Swb?

DSC_0078.JPG DSC_0080.JPG not finished yet but only raised the floor enough for beads, levels rules etc also put a few shelves in today even though it was pissing down, I did not get time to see how many sheets of plasterboard you could get in but it takes longer to configure where your tools are going to go to maximise the space then it does to do it

View attachment 10888 View attachment 10889 not finished yet but only raised the floor enough for beads, levels rules etc also put a few shelves in today even though it was pissing down, I did not get time to see how many sheets of plasterboard you could get in but it takes longer to configure where your tools are going to go to maximise the space then it does to do it
Thanks for the pics
Looks a good job on the shelves.
I'm going to be adding the false floor so I can get the boards under it where you've got your levels etc

It looks like you've put supporting timbers in there so the boards will go on top of the floor with all your tools in the racking

Surely the height will be really restricted if you go to high and be a pain to get in and out the van? Would like to see the pics when you have done it

Surely the height will be really restricted if you go to high and be a pain to get in and out the van? Would like to see the pics when you have done it

Yes the height will get restricted a bit
That's one of the reasons that I only want enough space for 5-8 boards in there.

The trafics are quite low to start with but I'm sure 100mm or so will be ok
I'll have to weigh it up when I have it in front of me

The other option it to do as you have but I just know the floor would end up full of craps defeating the object of it.
It all depends if I can live with the available height after.

I'll definitely get some pics up once done.

Status
Not open for further replies.