New van time anybody got a new trafic/vivaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeves1985

Got fed up of my old combo van and iv had my money out of it.
It's becoming a hassle with messed up deliveries and she's about to start costing money.

I've done some sums and which ever way I go it will definitely need to be some sort of finance deal.
There's just not enough good used vans out there anymore at decent value.

I've had the old transits and downsized for a period due to cutting back work due to wife's I'll health.
it's now time to upsize again.

I've discounted lease as for my purpose and deal it works out better to buy

I've been offered a cracking deal on a pre reg trafic swb business plus at £50 a week over the term.

Question is does anybody have one? I'm after first hand reviews from people within our trade.

I've physically been and measured the load and reckon on I can get 9-10 boards flat with a false floor which is perfect
Has bulkhead chubby hole for beads and coving

Get the full 4 years warranty and breakdown included

The other option is to go down the transit route again on a used 8-9 year old van and pay £30 a week
Granted over less a term but with 90-100k on the clock with no warranties (obviously a gamble)

I know its going to get dirty etc.

So does anybody have one?
Version I'm looking at is the dci 120 business plus

No no no no no and for the love of God no , it's the cheapest finance offer for a reason.
I could list all the problems with mine but frankly I don't have the time or inclination as the pain is still raw.
All I'll say is I'd rather scratch a tramps ball bag and lick my fingers clean then ever give Vauxhall another penny of my hard earned.

They all vans have their respective faults i know a lad who had a magnetic sign made for his brand new transit slating the mpg for 3 months until the dealers did something about it. The swb vivaro/traffic/primastar will not accept an 8x4 straight on you have to have them across the back at a diagonal, older ones suffer from gear box problems and the clutch is expensive to replace.

Just the same as most things in life you pay your money and take your chances unfortunately......

The new trafic will fit 8x4 in flat on the floor I have been in today to purposely check to see if it will.

They have made the new ones slightly longer for this reason.
Its the new shape 2015/16 version I'm talking about
And Nissan aren't taking the new model on this time

Haha marshy you may suggest.
Think I'll pass though ;)

Mind you I did once use a punto for 6 months as a stop gap.
Never again!!
Thinking about it the combos not much bigger :maraca:

I'd stay away from renault I know a guy who has a master that has had 2 new gear boxes and a steering column and it's only 3 year old. Try online for leasing companies you'll find some good deals

I once laruped a bird in a cinqacento well she was In it i had to stand outside while she knealt on the seat.
:bananas:

Haha

I've looked into leasing and don't think it's the best option for me personally
But everyone is different and I haven't 100% discounted it

I must say all the reviews I've read customer wise seem positive
And big plus on being able to get sheets flat on floor

Not seen any first hand reviews from our trade though so would be good to hear your full thoughts/opinions

Got new Vivaro last year...best thing I ever did

Give it time my old fruit :(.
The minute I dropped off my 8 year old transit for a shiny brand new vivaro I knew I'd dropped a massive bollock.
2 new clutches and a complete gearbox failure before 26k miles.:mad:

The minute I dropped off my 8 year old transit for a shiny brand new vivaro I knew I'd dropped a massive bollock.
On the new 2015 shape?

Did warranty not cover those repairs mate??

What about this 1 beat the traffic in the mornin & get your jimmies in the back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 499
Did warranty not cover those repairs mate??

Only the clutch Greg.

The Gearbox failed about 6wks after the warranty expired itd only done 27k miles they didn't want to know the cnuts.
then they quoted me over £4k for a new box the utter utter bstards.

On the new 2015 shape?

No it's just over 3 years old.
But don't be fooled by the lovely new bodywork and sexy curves of the new model cause underneath that pretty exterior lives the same badly nailed together cheap as chips pile of turgid dog s**t as all the others that are littering the scrap yards up a down the country.

No it's just over 3 years old.
But don't be fooled by the lovely new bodywork and sexy curves of the new model cause underneath that pretty exterior lives the same badly nailed together cheap as chips pile of turgid dog s**t as all the others that are littering the scrap yards up a down the country.
Flipping pooing me pants now ..mine done nearly 5000 miles and tbf the back door handle feels like it might drop off already..
Knew I should of got a VW
My Dad told me to go for the Vauxhall,
Stupid teachers that's the last time I listen to him.

P.s was only joking about the bullshiting.

And the brake caliper disintegrated the other week causing a complete braking failure then flashed a warning that I should stop immediately :confused:.

On the plus side all the warning light bulbs seem to work really well I know this cause I've seen all of them (y).

They never found the Cause of this oneView attachment 10514

maybe a little April fool's mile or something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-27-18-08-45-1-1-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-27-18-08-45-1-1-1.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 788
I think all these new vans and cars like a lottery draw, you either lucky with it or just giving you a headache all the time. I got a 6 months old relay, been back to the dealer twice now got 9k in it already, Mrs got a q5 only covered 90k uses more oil than petrol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Talking about new vans, something us tradesmen can only dream about now on west coast of Ireland! Once a time its all we drove, now I'm looking to spend 2k sterling on a new transit as an upgrade from my wee connect. :tonto:. Cant wait untill the day this country has sorted itself out. That's if it ever does.

I bought a 'last of the old shape' Vivaro new in July 2014. It's got 24,000 on the clock now and (touch wood) it's been faultless. I would say it's the best business purchase I've made and I wish I'd gone down the new van route years ago.

As many have said, any new vehicle from any manufacturer has an element of luck attached to it as to how reliable it ends up being.

In terms of cost, I reckon per year it's cheaper than running an older van. As for the lease or purchase choices, unless you're running a florists and never go into car parks or busy traffic, purchase works out best. You often hear people saying leasing's good because you can claim the payments against tax. That's true, but you can do the same for a van on HP. Slightly less efficient is purchasing one for cash, but your accountant would only recommend that if you had too much cash in the account anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.