New van time anybody got a new trafic/vivaro?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's good and bad in them all imo.
One general thing with newer models though, the reaching of trying to get lower emissions along with smaller Diesel engines in recent years are causing major problems in vehicles worldwide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's good and bad in them all imo.
One general thing with newer models though, the reaching of trying to get lower emissions along with smaller Diesel engines in recent years are causing major problems in vehicles worldwide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give it a couple years and they'll be back to petrol engines. No doubt after that it'll be hydrogen cells or polar bear tears.

Just wonder how the €7 billion or so the Germans will be shelling out towards the emissions scandal will effect the quality of some of there motors.
With No job cuts or asset sales that money has to be saved somewhere. with my luck all of it will come from the first van I buy from them:(

Just wonder how the €7 billion or so the Germans will be shelling out towards the emissions scandal will effect the quality of some of there motors.
With No job cuts or asset sales that money has to be saved somewhere. with my luck all of it will come from the first van I buy from them:(

They've got it covered. All the work they were doing for the government 75 ish years ago was paid for with gold, little bits, about the size of a tooth. Anyway, they were told that they had to keep shtum for a few years, but it should be OK now and gold prices going up since then means they've a fair bit put by. (y)

Bolloxs That mileage can't be genuine 172000 there's no way itd make that sort of milage on one engine unless it's Including the miles it's done Sat on the back of a AA recovery truck 172000 :eek: I reckon he's wound the clock forward about a 125000 miles (y).

Screenshot_2016-03-10-13-48-45.png

the thought of any engine doing more than 100K makes me twitch... strange as I really think they can do more that 250K if they are looked after

My 04 transit has done 158000. Engine is fine. Bodywork started rotting 2 years ago. It'll fail it's mot due to rust in a couple of months.

Mines done 95k...had a new cambelt when I bought it and runs lovely....gear linkage cable popped off the other week but welded up a little clamp and all fine now. Its a trafic.

the thought of any engine doing more than 100K makes me twitch... strange as I really think they can do more that 250K if they are looked after

I would agree that some could, if not most but, the important bit is "LOOKED AFTER" imo Merc's and BMW got their reputation for reliability years ago because they were being bought by people with money who could afford the proper servicing at the proper intervals.

My 04 transit has done 158000. Engine is fine. Bodywork started rotting 2 years ago. It'll fail it's mot due to rust in a couple of months.
Same..only 118K on mine tho:).....
the rot got pulled on last mot, I expect more of the same next time:crying:

Am looking at boxer on hire contract 3yr sick of missed days with poorly van and £700 mot works out about £250 per month with a grand up front

I had a vivaro 2008 it was find and I changed it for a 2010 transit swb semi high top and I love it it's got loads of room and can fit 3 metre lengths of beads over the bulkhead.
I think buying a new van is fine with the warrentys but to be honest they :)hardly ever fail in the warrenty time.
But in our game they don't stay new for long.
My tranny is 2010 with 24.000 miles I paid £7600
Hopefully it should last me 5 years as I only do 12/15 thousand miles a year over here

05 Primastarbought new, nearly 150,000 miles cam belt snapped at 90,000 miles my fault i didnt get it changed earlier it didnt do any damage as it snapped when i stopped at some traffic lights.
I keep thinking of getting rid and getting a new one but the cost of a new van kills it for me and i would have to have some finance.

Picked up a new traffic 1.6 business + yesterday.

First impressions are excellent, it's rapid and drives like a car

Had my toyota hiace 12 years and just changed the wipers last week. :)

I looked at the Pro-Ace when I was after a new van. They're a good van, but again like the Transit they start at £23k for the poverty spec. The transit and Toyota are good vans, but they're not twice as good so there's no way I'd pay twice the money for a lower spec.

they were going to start a formula one team, but spent £5 billion on repairs instead.

Ive had lots of different vans over the years but now got the best that suits me a Transit crew cab tipper. inside back cab its boarded out like a small van space in there get 1.8m boards in and loads of gear n tools ok, and tipper bed handy for quick load, unload of gear and if need to get some sand etc in a hurry, cover for back too if raining and need big boards etc in hurry, but most stuff delivered free so its not been hammered, its 2008 done only 40+ miles runs like a good watch.

10 plate vivaro here from new, had bearing go in gear box after couple years then gearbox went just outside of warranty, they paid towards it but I had to pay labour and percentage of new box.

Other than that its been fine! Will try to keep it 10years if it makes it then get something else! Like the transit customs but just too expensive! May try and save £15000 and buy a few year old transporter or something! f**k knows, the thought of it all stresses me out!
MT mate just bought a transporter and some filter needed replacing 1500 quid he's gutted he sold me his combo for 800 quid 55 plate full history can't go wrong

My dads got a Toyota hi ace over 200,000 on it and it's never let him down only ever had new tyres and battery and a clutch at 140,000 I'd get one my self but you know the stigma of the hi ace it's pretty ethnic lol

Lol they do seem quite popular with Asian shopkeepers and carpet fitters.
I had a Nissan vanette years ago that was s**t but I think it was more Ldv then japenese.
Being mid engined like a lot of supercars made it a nightmare to do any work on the engine also it burnt your arse sitting on the engine in the summertime.

Being mid engined like a lot of supercars made it a nightmare to do any work on the engine also it burnt your arse sitting on the engine in the summertime.

You taking the p1ss out of poor old @Nisus current 'difficulty'? :LOL:

I don't think there are any medium sized japanese vans now? The Toyota is Peugeot and Nissan is Renault.

Toyota teamed up with peugot to use thier engines and body with the toyota badge because of the emissions test and recession, i would never buy a proace but sure toyota will be back with a new hiace. The hyundi iload van looks good but only in medium wheel base.

Toyota teamed up with peugot to use thier engines and body with the toyota badge because of the emissions test and recession, i would never buy a proace but sure toyota will be back with a new hiace. The hyundi iload van looks good but only in medium wheel base.

The Hyundai's a people carrier that they've turned into a commercial though. So I'm not sure it's be robust enough for trade use.

Status
Not open for further replies.