My turn for tennis elbow

Members online

basset

Hi All,

So given myself tennis elbow. Tried resting from last Thursday so almost a week.
Went to hardwall today and it's back to hurting again. Have a strap for the fore arm - are these any good?
Any other tips to get back to it quicker??
Cheers

Change your grip if it's your plastering arm , I used to wrap cotton around the handle and duck tape it, it does work , use a spat for flattening,use your other arm as much as possible, tennis elbow can vanish quickly ,but rest is important

Change your grip if it's your plastering arm , I used to wrap cotton around the handle and duck tape it, it does work , use a spat for flattening,use your other arm as much as possible, tennis elbow can vanish quickly ,but rest is important

Cheers will try this!

I've had that, soooo painful, rest is best, mine cleared up and hasn't returned, thankfully. Yeah the forearm straps work

if steven Hawkins can do what he does without joining a forum and asking for help about his fu@kin elbow then i'm pretty certain you'll get by in life...like me dad used to say " your neither sugar nor salt so you wont fukin melt ".............but I do suffer with it myself so I know how you feel ..I use an ice pack at home and some ralgex spray at work ( just to let everyone else at work know i'm in pain)

Will check this spray stuff out?
I'm sure people know I'm in pain as been holding my elbow all day crying

Ice it for 10mins at a time. Repeat 3 times, try to find the pressure spots in your forearm and bicep and press on them following them all the way to the elbow. That will cut your muscles some slack, then massage your forearm from your wrist to elbow stretching the muscles and from your shoulder to your elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawking_God_Veritas_large.jpg

Ice it for 10mins at a time. Repeat 3 times, try to find the pressure spots in your forearm and bicep and press on them following them all the way to the elbow. That will cut your muscles some slack, then massage your forearm from your wrist to elbow stretching the muscles and from your shoulder to your elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this!!!

Anti inflammatory pills. Rest, ice, Strapping.

Pain killers get you through however they just mask the problem and usually you end up worse.

Hi All,

So given myself tennis elbow. Tried resting from last Thursday so almost a week.
Went to hardwall today and it's back to hurting again. Have a strap for the fore arm - are these any good?
Any other tips to get back to it quicker??
Cheers
Straps are great and slowly you get your arm back. Get a Nela if you haven't already they take the strain off massively. There's also a good exercise - fill a water bottle and rest your arm on the arm of the sofa so your hand is hanging off the end holding the bottle. Move your hand by the wrist up and down slowly (yeah yeah ha ha etc...) and then rest. Repeat.

I used a therabar to do exercises. You can look them up on you tube. They helped me.

Took me an absurdly long time to get over it but it did get better. (took about a year to be back at 100%.) Use your off hand more and adjust your motion. I had to lay on using the inside edge of my towel and the most painful thing was using a bucket scoop. Something about that motion would kill me every time. Hope you heal quick.

Straps are great and slowly you get your arm back. Get a Nela if you haven't already they take the strain off massively. There's also a good exercise - fill a water bottle and rest your arm on the arm of the sofa so your hand is hanging off the end holding the bottle. Move your hand by the wrist up and down slowly (yeah yeah ha ha etc...) and then rest. Repeat.

I get told off for that already but will replace .,,. With a water bottle.

I used a therabar to do exercises. You can look them up on you tube. They helped me.

Took me an absurdly long time to get over it but it did get better. (took about a year to be back at 100%.) Use your off hand more and adjust your motion. I had to lay on using the inside edge of my towel and the most painful thing was using a bucket scoop. Something about that motion would kill me every time. Hope you heal quick.

Cheers buddy.

I tried acupuncture, 25 quid a pop for 8 sessions it did f**k all, just use my left hand as much as possible, instead of trying to apply pressure by turning my right wrist into the trowel now I hold my wrist locked in the trowel angle and lean with the shoulder so isolate the elbow as much as possible.
As said above scooping with bucket trowel is a killer, let the labourer do it.
I also found lifting anything with my arm straight aggravated it so I try not to be lazy and bend down properly to lift whatever I'm after, it's not flared up for a good few months now at 1 point I couldn't lift the kettle and tip it, and that's just not on

If you've had it for over couple months and hasn't gone away. Go to your local gym and get chatting to the meat heads and get some "gear" of them u only need half a tablet for 3-5 days in the mornings 5mg. I've had tennis elbow for months at a time and both times I've done this it's cleared up and completely gone by the 3-4th day I know it sounds a bit out there but it works 100% and it was actually a nurse that told me it's what they should be used for

If you've had it for over couple months and hasn't gone away. Go to your local gym and get chatting to the meat heads and get some "gear" of them u only need half a tablet for 3-5 days in the mornings 5mg. I've had tennis elbow for months at a time and both times I've done this it's cleared up and completely gone by the 3-4th day I know it sounds a bit out there but it works 100% and it was actually a nurse that told me it's what they should be used for
Anavar or dianabol the best. Winstrol makes u loose your hair anything else would be too strong and crash your natural testosterone levels after a week of taking

Not sure taking steroids is good advice the forearm exercise jess suggested sounded good I've never had tennis elbow luckily are those little grip things any good for developing your forearm muscles?

Ur only taking a tiny dose for less then a week to recover ur injury or u could go to drs and get him to give u cortisol "steroid" injection into ur elbow

I’m game luv a roid me, however I can only roid a bike, got no hope on an orse, used to be exceptionally enthusiastic when roidin a milf though.....:)

Ive had tennis elbow several times over the years... I find it best to go down to a smaller trowel.... I went from an 18" to a 12'' and also went back to a board and stand instead of digging out of the bucket all day everyday.... Not had it since....

Ive had tennis elbow several times over the years... I find it best to go down to a smaller trowel.... I went from an 18" to a 12'' and also went back to a board and stand instead of digging out of the bucket all day everyday.... Not had it since....
That's the best advice there is. Well apart from dropping right down to an 11in trowel.

Forget the pills and injections, if you don't change what or how you're doing it'll come back.
Lot of good advice on here, wish I'd heard it when I had it, had to boff it out the hard way.
Tore the muscles near my elbow using a fckn lump hammer wrong a few months back now and still not right, basically the same thing to fix it..