Tennis Elbow

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
For anyone that suffers with tennis elbow I thought I'd share some info that's sorted mine out. I've been struggling with the elbow since November. Even with 16 days off at Christmas it still didn't go away and then I've been full on at work since :mad:
Tried lotions and potions but it wouldn't go away. It started to keep me awake at night and that's when it really pissed me off!
I Googled ways to sort it and came across a bodybuilding website

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3128621

Post number 6 explains it well and I followed similar exercises and stretches and within a week it's gone! Couldn't believe something so simple could sort it and I've put up with it for months.
Give it a go! (y)

Last edited:
where am i gonna get a cable machine at this time of night ffs........................:popcorn:

Suffered since came bk. Dabbed a 13 storey building staircase an got it doing that an not been same since . Struggle to trowel up some days . Been on the anti inflammatories an got it strapped an that takes edge off but throbbing wen get home

Tennis elbow came on middle of last week, not had it for a few years so was due a dose. Thanks Rossi, will check it out.

Suffered since came bk. Dabbed a 13 storey building staircase an got it doing that an not been same since . Struggle to trowel up some days . Been on the anti inflammatories an got it strapped an that takes edge off but throbbing wen get home
Try the exercises @Gorto you've got nothing to lose. I just used the wife's farting little woman Dumbbells and that still worked.

For anyone that suffers with tennis elbow I thought I'd share some info that's sorted mine out. I've been struggling with the elbow since November. Even with 16 days off at Christmas it still didn't go away and then I've been full on at work since :mad:
Tried lotions and potions but it wouldn't go away. It started to keep me awake at night and that's when it really pissed me off!
I Googled ways to sort it and came across a bodybuilding website

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3128621

Post number 6 explains it well and I followed similar exercises and stretches and within a week it's gone! Couldn't believe something so simple could sort it and I've put up with it for months.
Give it a go! (y)

Had this myself a few years ago. Was skimming non stop for a year and half and training heavy aswell. Was fcuking aching for a year after untill i decided to go see a sports therapist and was getting weekly sports massages on it and now im fine. Thou the recession probably had something to do with my recovery because not soon after i was getting the massages, the country collapsed :(

They suggest using a cable machine that you'd find in a gym. Great if you use a gym but if not do tricep extensions like in this vid but using 1 arm

I couldn't agree more! The muscles support our body, not the skeleton . I will recommend two exercises for that problem. Try doing the one on the vid , but aiming at the other shoulder , the other one is lean forward on a bench putting your knee and arm on it to keep your body in horizontal position . Keep your arm close to the body and extend only your forearm. Hold it for a few seconds at the burning point position, this is what is all about. It's much better than the cable, when done correct .

I couldn't agree more! The muscles support our body, not the skeleton . I will recommend two exercises for that problem. Try doing the one on the vid , but aiming at the other shoulder , the other one is lean forward on a bench putting your knee and arm on it to keep your body in horizontal position . Keep your arm close to the body and extend only your forearm. Hold it for a few seconds at the burning point position, this is what is all about. It's much better than the cable, when done correct .
Tricep kickbacks (y)

I've had it for about 7 months now I've tried the straps tablets etc . Gonna give this a go ! Holding a cup of tea some mornings hurts! Well done for putting this up

yeah got the doctors appointment in the morning , got so bad i cant work so im taking 2 weeks off and hoping it goes away. Think it might be more than tennis elbow , seems a mixture with real bad carpal tunnel and maybe a muscle tear with ganglion cysts , nightmare :)

I went the doctors Thursday morning and he's sending me for a scan. Luckly am on his system as i was in 2 years ago with it. Rest dosent seem to help as i had 10 days off and was in same pain 1st day back. I don't have a full nights sleep with it. It's constant pain. I'm on some strong painkiller which ease the pain at moment.

Well he just gave me Naproxen 500mg
Im not happy with that , read up on them and they sound a bit hardcore with the side effects and dont want to take them for a month.
He said come back in a month and will do the referal if not better , might just dump the tabs and go back.
Not a fan of painkillers , anyone used similar long term?
Im taking 2 weeks off so im hoping that fixes it

Leave it a few days then go to a&e
Say you can't sleep and in agony with it.
Tell them docs just prescribed painkillers

You'll get something done that way.

My mum was constantly at docs with a bad wrist all they kept saying was repetitive strain blah blah
It got so bad she went a&e they took one look at her and straight down for 2 massive operations on both wrists.
Basically said if she was referred when she should have been no damage would have been done as it is she's only got movement in both thumbs and 2 fingers

Well he just gave me Naproxen 500mg
Im not happy with that , read up on them and they sound a bit hardcore with the side effects and dont want to take them for a month.
He said come back in a month and will do the referal if not better , might just dump the tabs and go back.
Not a fan of painkillers , anyone used similar long term?
Im taking 2 weeks off so im hoping that fixes it

Gave me same mate. There working a treat. Feel 21 again. Make sure you take them with food every 12 hours.

Time off didn't work for me arm was fcuk on first gauge after a break.

Mines flared up again last few weeks and the thing that helped me funny enough was done few sets a week of light slow dumbell curls at full stretch.

Mine was at it worst when I stopped going to the gym. After doing those exercises and stretches it disappeared. Kept up the gym since and not even a twitch of a strain in the elbow.