Multi finish problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear to most people reading this who's full of shite. Hope you gran's happy with her ceiling.

I can gauge a bucket of finish.
as silly as it sounds, I was never told the exact amount of water (as in how many litres) required to mix plaster. the tutor who taught me simply put a mark on the water buckets and said fill it to that level, that will be enough water.
I didn't know how many litres it was, I just knew that if I filled my bucket to the level my tutor had marked for me then my mix would be fine.
I have been plastering for 3 years and this is the first time I would say I have made a mistake. but why should I give a toss what you think? I am happy with my work and so is my boss.
now, feck off you useless penis end.
yet it still takes you 20 mins to use half a bag of finish and struggle to use the rest , now who's the useless bell end ?

I am afraid you have stated the evidence yourself here and made yourself look a idiot.If your new to plastering then fair enough say so and people will help you with your issues.Butt if you come on hear and say you have done something so silly after 3 years plastering then you have to take the stick on the chin.

I was in a bit of a rush, not thinking straight etc and filled my mixing bucket with more water than I should have done. I didn't realise this at first, but now it seems obvious.
still, there is no reason for the rest of the forum to be on my back over such a simple mistake. haven't we all made mistakes at somepoint in our plastering career? I know for a fact the everyone will have made mistakes, anyone who says otherwise is full of shite.
We have all made mistakes but never blamed it on multi when it was our f..k up

I am afraid you have stated the evidence yourself here and made yourself look a idiot.If your new to plastering then fair enough say so and people will help you with your issues.Butt if you come on hear and say you have done something so silly after 3 years plastering then you have to take the stick on the chin.

The lad needs a roasting!!

Ok just a little pin prick, there'll be no more. aaaaaah, but you may feel a little sick .:RpS_wink:

.relax ill need some information first etc etc....

c'mon Keith!! If you don't know the lyrics we're gonna have to put you out the band!!!.:RpS_scared:

Ok just a little pin prick, there'll be no more. aaaaaah, but you may feel a little sick .:RpS_wink:

.relax ill need some information first etc etc....

c'mon Keith!! If you don't know the lyrics we're gonna have to put you out the band!!!.:RpS_scared:
Well if that how you feel ,i will go on my own ,and start my own band :RpS_tongue:

Ffs Keith don't be so touchy don't go just yet! We can work somethin out!!!
. Feck. sake...... the band has split up already..:RpS_crying:

we only formed about 20 mins ago! Well your the one responsible for the split..:RpS_cursing:
..we were supposed to be headlining the X factor tour too.:RpS_lol:

Ffs Keith don't be so touchy don't go just yet! We can work somethin out!!!
. Feck. sake...... the band has split up already..:RpS_crying:

we only formed about 20 mins ago! Well your the one responsible for the split..:RpS_cursing:
..we were supposed to be headlining the X factor tour too.:RpS_lol:
X Factor :RpS_confused: ok , we can have a come back tour :RpS_thumbsup: "The 30 Minute Come Back Tour " :RpS_w00t:

Just realised we've taken this thread off topic........:-0 best do a dexys before Dan the man rumbles us..............start a new thread "wrong Direction"....................:RpS_wink:

Got big plans for next season marra.............see if i cant get us all a ritmo from the PFT sponsors......................:RpS_thumbsup:

Why has no one asked this . . . . Why didn't he just put a few handfuls in and mix it up , I always use my guager to check consistency , would of saved all the hasstle

Very sore on a lad for making a slight error of mixing a bit of soft skim. If we were as sore on our boys every time that happened I think we would be working on our own.

Bit of company is hard to beat, be a long ole day on your tod. Just dont see much point on being so sore on a man about something so minor.

If you worked with someone that thick you'd be gratefull to work on you're own

I am not thick, it was a simple mistake and since starting this thread (as I have already explained) I figured out the mistake that I had made and why I had made it. who here has never made a mistake in their life?
you show me a man who says he has never made a mistake and I will show you a liar.

you never thought just to look at what you mix and see if its a bit wet or stiff or are you blind if so I take it all back

you never thought just to look at what you mix and see if its a bit wet or stiff or are you blind if so I take it all back

Lucky for you I am not blind. I was in a bit of a rush and I put too much water in my bucket without noticing.
not something I have done before and certainly not something I will do again.
I do know that a builders bucket filled to just below the pouring lip is just enough water for a 25kg bag of multi finish. mixing it with slightly less water for a ceiling to avoid mess. but then I only do that if I have to use a ladder.
if I am on a job where I can set up enough trestles and boards so I can reach the ceiling then I mix up with a normal amount of water.
when using a ladder I mix the plaster with a bit less water to avoid spilling any when climbing up a ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.