Mono Sealer

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
I'm one for doing things by the book or to best practice as possible. If it costs more and I lose work because of it so be it.

With this in mind who just scrapes there mono and then leaves it and who puts a sealer on after brush down?

We use Parex products and I always spec Parex Paraguard. Expensive kit and I've not used it long enough to see if it stands dthe test of time but it seems to be doing the trick so far on the jobs I've done?

Does anyone use anything else that they can say is just as good or similar?

Paraguard isn't cheap and although I advise it it is optional but then I've got no come backs if it get dirty to quick!

Tbh the pitted finish in mono is what causes it to get dirty quicker than a smooth finish so the sealer does help but I think the main cause is lack of overhang and drips.
All to often new builds don't have enough of this when they have copings on gables or free stone window cills.
It's an obvious failure but nothing is done about and why on earth don't new builds have sealer in the spec to eliminate or minimise this.

Lots of clients say "o I hear that k rend gets dirty'

What's everyone's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use kingfishers extreme climate.its as pricey as Paraguard but it's a one coat application rather than 2 with paraguard

Any scratch render should be sealed, it's sold as maintenance free or low maintenance which it isn't if your having to clean it on a regular basis particular if it's a panel that doesn't see any sun or is north facing.
Paraguard is ridiculously over priced for what it is, enewall make a good one and so do everbuild at a fraction of the cost, parex will tell you there's is highly concentrated to justify the cost... I'm not so sure. 2 coats of it is madness one coat is easy enough unless on an exposed gable etc, one good coat with a pump spray is thorough. I brought this up to parex years ago when I was involved with them as did a few other contractors, most are now following, weber will have there own soon I guess. It should be speced on every job. We get tenders sent through, I stipulate a sealer coat, at a few quid a metre more, they go nah not paying it blah blah, so I walk away, last thing I want is a call down the line cos it's marked up with moss or cheap screws on the down pipes have blead down the surface.

Any scratch render should be sealed, it's sold as maintenance free or low maintenance which it isn't if your having to clean it on a regular basis particular if it's a panel that doesn't see any sun or is north facing.
Paraguard is ridiculously over priced for what it is, enewall make a good one and so do everbuild at a fraction of the cost, parex will tell you there's is highly concentrated to justify the cost... I'm not so sure. 2 coats of it is madness one coat is easy enough unless on an exposed gable etc, one good coat with a pump spray is thorough. I brought this up to parex years ago when I was involved with them as did a few other contractors, most are now following, weber will have there own soon I guess. It should be speced on every job. We get tenders sent through, I stipulate a sealer coat, at a few quid a metre more, they go nah not paying it blah blah, so I walk away, last thing I want is a call down the line cos it's marked up with moss or cheap screws on the down pipes have blead down the surface.

This is my point. It's something people see as extra and don't want to pay but I haven't the evidence yet to back up its worth.
I'm also not sure how you'd prove you put enough sealer on if it did get dirty and I rang Parex to complain.
I've not had the situation where I've had to call them and discuss a possible product malfunction and touch wood I don't but not sure how it would pan out.

Which Everbuild one is it Rich??

It's still going to get dirty over time in the worse case senerios to a certain extent, but with general issues it self cleans and stops algee pores growing on the surface, run a hose over it once dries you'll see how effective it is against the elements water bubbles on the surface like a lotus leaf rather than absorbed into the surface.
I'd sell it as extra, that's what we do, I rarely loose jobs over it to be fair, just odd contractor jobs, certainly I can't remember the last time I lost a domestic job over it.

Which Everbuild one is it Rich??
It's called everbuild water sealer,it's solvent free etc.

The issue is if your using a warranted system you'd have to use Paraguard for parex render for instance, but you could argue that there warranting the render rather than any sealer applied.... You pays your money, you takes your chance I guess.

It's called everbuild water sealer,it's solvent free etc.

The issue is if your using a warranted system you'd have to use Paraguard for parex render for instance, but you could argue that there warranting the render rather than any sealer applied.... You pays your money, you takes your chance I guess.
Can you see the Ever build when it's on? Just used one Rendit are knocking out which seems good. There's is solvent based though, it dried quick and nowt seems to get through it.

Can you see the Ever build when it's on? Just used one Rendit are knocking out which seems good. There's is solvent based though, it dried quick and nowt seems to get through it.
nope, fully transparent. its good gear and reasonably priced.

Introducing low cost, self cleaning lotus leaf effect, concentrated high quality siloxane based coating Vimasil Acqua from Vimark. It has self-cleaning lotus leaf repellent effect to water, dirt, oil, grease, atmospheric pollutants and fumes:

http://www.vimark.com/en/prodotti/hydrophobic-primer-vimasil-acqua

10L can would cover up to 67m2 of Mono or Arenino surface and costs £50 per 10L can or 1.3m2 per £.

Last edited:
Introducing lower coat alternative to Paraguard - self cleaning lotus leaf effect, concentrated siloxane based coating Vimasil Acqua from Vimark. It has self-cleaning lotus leaf repellent effect to water, dirt, oil, grease, atmospheric pollutants and fumes:

http://www.vimark.com/en/prodotti/hydrophobic-primer-vimasil-acqua

10L can would cover up to 67m2 of Mono or Arenino surface and costs £50 per 10L can or 1.3m2 per £.

I like the sound of this. Been looking for an alternative to Paraguard

I'm getting a 5l sample of protex seal from Rendit Ltd to see if it's anygood compared to paraguard. It's defo cheaper for a kick off

Hi Mate,
protex seal is also siloxane based, available from rendit at £40 for 5L with coverage up to 25m2. We offer high quality concentrated siloxane sealer for £50 per 10L with coverage up to 67m2.

Regards, Alexander

Last edited:
Hi Mate,
protex seal is also siloxane based, available from rendit at £40 for 5L with coverage up to 25m2. We offer high quality concentrated siloxane sealer for £50 per 10L with coverage up to 67m2, quality is comparable with Parex Paraguard.

Regards, Alexander
Send me 5l and I can compare and review them properly ;-)

Am still waiting on the samples from you Alexander ;-)

Sorry Arti, I just checked our systems and we did not send neither book or samples to you....it's all my fault. We'll correct it quickly for you, sorry again.

Used that Bauwer Lite today.

Light as a feather.

Put 40mm first coat on, no slump.

Another 30mm tomorrow.

Sorry Arti, I just checked our systems and we did not send neither book or samples to you....it's all my fault. We'll correct it quickly for you, sorry again.
Howay man marra. Get ya finger oot ;-)

No, not available for the Ritmo yet but will be soon.

It is the lightest and creamiest I have ever come across.

But it takes 1 1/2 buckets of water to a bag. I was going to to mix loads of gear up and convey but by the time the second bath is mixed the first one has been hand applied. So it is no faster.

Once the Ritmo paddle has been developed it will be a doodle to spray and rule.

No, not available for the Ritmo yet but will be soon.

It is the lightest and creamiest I have ever come across.

But it takes 1 1/2 buckets of water to a bag. I was going to to mix loads of gear up and convey but by the time the second bath is mixed the first one has been hand applied. So it is no faster.

Once the Ritmo paddle has been developed it will be a doodle to spray and rule.
I think there is one out already. Might be worth calling a pft dealer. Think Mike has one