Low prices not

Pva can be a spreads worst nightmare if coated too soon ....the same as coating bonding mixed with finish to soon...on refurb shiite i put on bigger hits and always flatten the first coat twice one to flatten it and leave it then 1 to take out blisters......2nd coat then i can finish it in 2 trowels.
Its perfect everytime drys out same shade no matter what the background.
But id rather just bash houses out on new build .. its hassle free. With 1 wee coat xx
The pva was dry as done last night, but maybe I've got the wrong end of the uni stick. Set times could be no different on pva or non pva... cheers
I've used it on pre grit and board and it set similar to multie I wasn't expecting it to act any different and I one coated :)
yes mate, as I've replied to @algeeman, I'm thinking that uni on pva will take longer to go off than uni on a raw or non pva'd surface. That is where I concluded it would be crap on non pva. Not used it before so let me know if this is correct as I may be in error. I just know what I like I'm afraid, but I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong and definitely won't cry.

The pva was dry as done last night, but maybe I've got the wrong end of the uni stick. Set times could be no different on pva or non pva... cheers tho(y)

Ive skimmed over round concrete beams 4 metres high that was uni bonded 2 weeks before and skimmed fine.
The background makes a huge diffence....ive never used uni..but to be honest the amount of renders and boards and other new products out there..
Were all still learning !!!

The pva was dry as done last night, but maybe I've got the wrong end of the uni stick. Set times could be no different on pva or non pva... cheers

yes mate, as I've replied to @algeeman, I'm thinking that uni on pva will take longer to go off than uni on a raw or non pva'd surface. That is where I concluded it would be crap on non pva. Not used it before so let me know if this is correct as I may be in error. I just know what I like I'm afraid, but I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong and definitely won't cry.
Not 100%sure but will guess any way that seems to be the norm ;) if you was to mix up uni and multie side by side I would say they would set the same if you left it in the buckets, so it's all down to the background. This has always been the case no matter what your skimming so it's down to experience and knowing when to use uni this I think has got lost when discussing uni.

Sorry forgot B&Q do discount on multi finish buy and so £27.50p and the pva I should price at £5 for only using half of a tub tbh = £32.50p in effect there is £9.50 difference, interesting

Stats worked out of 5 bags if it was 4 well that would be very interesting lol

I priced up a job with UNI, 2 months ago...job coming up now and my local merchants has stopped selling it...Selco they are one of the busiest merchants in South Bristol....probably around 50 spreads pop in there a day...spoke to them the other day as all bags of UNI were £1.50 they said they couldn't even shift it at that price and that they had only sold 1 pallet in 6 months...now they are not selling it...only place that sells it in Bristol now is B&Q and all there bags are out of date...:( shame I wanted to test it

Not 100%sure but will guess any way that seems to be the norm ;) if you was to mix up uni and multie side by side I would say they would set the same if you left it in the buckets, so it's all down to the background. This has always been the case no matter what your skimming so it's down to experience and knowing when to use uni this I think has got lost when discussing uni.

I skimmed around 60m today ......bits had been damped (floated) bits had been just floated bits had been dabbed bits had been pva'd on old skim.....bits had been boarded....i fuucking HATE plastering refurb
The only bits i enjoyed skimmin was the sand and cement room .....always turns out nice no matter when you trowel it !!

I priced up a job with UNI, 2 months ago...job coming up now and my local merchants has stopped selling it...Selco they are one of the busiest merchants in South Bristol....probably around 50 spreads pop in there a day...spoke to them the other day as all bags of UNI were £1.50 they said they couldn't even shift it at that price and that they had only sold 1 pallet in 6 months...now they are not selling it...only place that sells it in Bristol now is B&Q and all there bags are out of date...:( shame I wanted to test it

If 50 spreads pop in a day they aint that busy my friend ...not the merchants..your bristolian spreads.

They from online link that @Lodan got he'll post it up for you
Company is less2fix and its £27.50 for 50, so about 55p although I dont think they do that price anymore (got them to put on an e mail that they would maintain price as long as I ordered same amount and got the e mail of one of their sales team so go direct to her)

Cheers chaps. It seems to be a marmite product alright and I don't like change! Def interested to hear from the big uni users on here tho and work it out proper.:rayos:

Cheers chaps. It seems to be a marmite product alright and I don't like change! Def interested to hear from the big uni users on here tho and work it out proper.:rayos:
It works well on glossy finishes where your pva would take an age to dry, I 1st coat uni and top with multi

Any merchants can get a pallet delivered if you ask them to get it in mate, just tell um you wants a pallet bringing in.
The out of date tbh to save the plonkers moaning I you could buy them up cheap and use on boards and pretreated if u don't want to go hardcore. Still ok to use imo

Company is less2fix and its £27.50 for 50, so about 55p although I dont think they do that price anymore (got them to put on an e mail that they would maintain price as long as I ordered same amount and got the e mail of one of their sales team so go direct to her)
@Cornelius thats the link mate

Thanks Lodan

I skimmed around 60m today ......bits had been damped (floated) bits had been just floated bits had been dabbed bits had been pva'd on old skim.....bits had been boarded....i fuucking HATE plastering refurb
The only bits i enjoyed skimmin was the sand and cement room .....always turns out nice no matter when you trowel it !!
Did you use uni?

@Lodan I've looked on less2fix before as their stop beads are cheap as fook.
Is it genuine expamet gear they send.
Works out 66p a bead with the vat for stop and angle which is cheaper than whack and r&j.

I need some stop beads and getting low on angle so if I order 2 or more boxes of 50 delivery is free.

Sometimes I've been sent snide ones though that are things as fook.

Cheapest beads I can get are locusrite which are thinner but are OK. Just got to be careful with them so they don't bend

with the price of materials on the up and i do buy bulk on line with beads be they thin coat
or render beads i,m now trying to make space in the garage and thinking i should buy bulk
multi finish any one got any ideas as to who i should buy from.

with the price of materials on the up and i do buy bulk on line with beads be they thin coat
or render beads i,m now trying to make space in the garage and thinking i should buy bulk
multi finish any one got any ideas as to who i should buy from.
I tried this before Christmas.
But everywhere that would sell a pallet was either more expensive or only pennies cheaper than my terms so worked out pointless as you have store it and use it before the dates on the bags.
Rather just go buy what I need when I needed it for the sake of a few pence

The one you was waitin for the PVA to pull in coz it was cold, that was you?
I know the one you mean, wasnt waiting for the pva as pva'd the lot and then had a half day of prep, the problem with that one was sets were taking 4 hours....in the end I gritted it all and I know people said it wouldnt help but set times went from 4 -3 hours...i only use uni for headstart so if im meant to be in and skimming straight away and I know i'll be sat waiting for pva...pva the area for the second mix and straight on the first with the uni and by the time ready for second set pva is dry

@Lodan I've looked on less2fix before as their stop beads are cheap as fook.
Is it genuine expamet gear they send.
Works out 66p a bead with the vat for stop and angle which is cheaper than whack and r&j.

I need some stop beads and getting low on angle so if I order 2 or more boxes of 50 delivery is free.

Sometimes I've been sent snide ones though that are things as fook.

Cheapest beads I can get are locusrite which are thinner but are OK. Just got to be careful with them so they don't bend
Yeah beads are qenuine not had a problem, tbh though ive moved on to hook ons now and love them, happy to pay an extra few quid for the time they save

Yeah beads are qenuine not had a problem, tbh though ive moved on to hook ons now and love them, happy to pay an extra few quid for the time they save
What the hook ons like on re skims?
Always thought they wouldn't work on over skims

What the hook ons like on re skims?
Always thought they wouldn't work on over skims
Absolutely brilliant mate, great for formed corners, no sticking on with skim, just give them a bang with your hand and jobs a Good en...only time wont work is if the corner is perished as cant get a grip but 99 times out of 100 theyre bang on...apart from cutting your fingers on them occasionally....id never go back to normal beads now

Any merchants can get a pallet delivered if you ask them to get it in mate, just tell um you wants a pallet bringing in.
The out of date tbh to save the plonkers moaning I you could buy them up cheap and use on boards and pretreated if u don't want to go hardcore. Still ok to use imo

Is this the case across all builders merchants they are stopping stocking it? Is it selling to the DIY market in BQ? Seems to me if all merchants stop selling it, days are numbered.

Is this the case across all builders merchants they are stopping stocking it? Is it selling to the DIY market in BQ? Seems to me if all merchants stop selling it, days are numbered.
None of the "newer" products are stocked around here in merchants but easily brought in when asked for

How many diy customers do you know that buy multi, bonding, hardwall, unifinish etc in b&q lol

I don't get the waiting around for pva to dry. First thing I do at a job is sheets out then pva. I then get drill and everything else out van and all other prep done and then it's ready to go