Low prices not

Members online

Sorry forgot B&Q do discount on multi finish buy and so £27.50p and the pva I should price at £5 for only using half of a tub tbh = £32.50p in effect there is £9.50 difference, interesting

Stats worked out of 5 bags if it was 4 well that would be very interesting lol

9.50 x 240 working days = £2280 so it's not really interesting at all it's a no brainer.

Can someone work out how much it would cost to paint all the jobs with 2 coats of silk paint the day before so you'd only have to 2 coat the unicrap :D

If I was in control of British gypsum I'd have a gagging order on the unifinish poster boy not only has he single handedly ruined uni as far as this forum goes but the scheme they introduced as well.

Bravo my friend lol

I just done a quick calculation and if the unifinish fails and all comes off the wall you are going to have to pay a lot more than 41 quid

If I was in control of British gypsum I'd have a gagging order on the unifinish poster boy not only has he single handedly ruined uni as far as this forum goes but the scheme they introduced as well.

Bravo my friend lol
You can't moan about people bullying you than do it yourself, be nice xx

zip-lips.jpg

So do bg also give a rrp to magnetic cos that can vary from cheapest I've seen at 67 right upto 110 now that must be a serious mark up

I don't know why you bother trying to argue the case for uni or what you're trying to achieve by it vincey. All you do is alienate people by making out that you need a special skill set to get the best out of it, in turn making people think you're a plonker. You use it you love it and that's fine but the majority think it's pure shite - c'est la vie!

Reactions: gps
Tbh I don't even like pva and straight skimming, I've no experience with uni, so won't comment on it, but I don't think I'd use it, I don't think I'd trust it. Ideally if I was to reskim in my own house or family house, I would pva or even better thistle bond, and run a tight lick of bonding over it first, more grip for the finish. But obviously cost, or time restraints don't always make this possible.

I'm using board finish at the moment........Haven't used it for years....came-up lovely and more creamy than I recall..nice finish too. :sisi:

Hi mate my point was the difference in price that a merchants decide to sell it at, that's one reason I don't hardly ever go B&Q I'm presuming most people are as savvy as me and would buy any product at the cheapest place available fair enough does mean having to be a bit more organised, I suppose same could be said with my thincoat beads on average 50p from direct delivery online source compared to B&Q £1.80
Where you sourcing your beads from mate?

Tried unifinish today, overskim of bare plaster after wallpaper removal. Not used it before so priced a few bags into job from b&q, it's in date. Pva'd the walls last night as don't want to take a risk with something I've not used before and end up in s**t creek, just interested to see the difference with multi. Good job I did because it was SHE-ITE. Going off same rate as normal gear and that's WITH pva. Ended up mixing the last opened bag about 1 part uni to 3 multi to get rid and the others are going back to store tomorrow. Can't see what more I could of done with it, it's not for me chaps. Any constructive advice welcome. (The rad came off, before its noted!)

Attachments

• 20170209_200849.jpg
    20170209_200849.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 20170208_123056.jpg
    20170208_123056.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 219
  • 20170209_175124.jpg
    20170209_175124.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 201
Tried unifinish today, overskim of bare plaster after wallpaper removal. Not used it before so priced a few bags into job from b&q, it's in date. Pva'd the walls last night as don't want to take a risk with something I've not used before and end up in s**t creek, just interested to see the difference with multi. Good job I did because it was SHE-ITE. Going off same rate as normal gear and that's WITH pva. Ended up mixing the last opened bag about 1 part uni to 3 multi to get rid and the others are going back to store tomorrow. Can't see what more I could of done with it, it's not for me chaps. Any constructive advice welcome. (The rad came off, before its noted!)
I keep thinking I ought to try it......but then again.....think it might be like marmite...

Looks like willy wonkas house.

What's wrong with it going off the same as normal gear?

What I meant was it was skimmed onto a surface that had 2 heavy pva coats, so I was expecting it to stay wet for a lot longer. If it had done so next time I would not pva. As it was I would have been up against it without the pva

What I meant was it was skimmed onto a surface that had 2 heavy pva coats, so I was expecting it to stay wet for a lot longer. If it had done so next time I would not pva. As it was I would have been up against it without the pva
You put too much on lol

A bad workman blames his tools. I have never had a problem with uni excepting the price. Once you get used to it it's like riding a bike

I've used it on pre grit and board and it set similar to multie I wasn't expecting it to act any different and I one coated :)

Pva can be a spreads worst nightmare if coated too soon ....the same as coating bonding mixed with finish to soon...on refurb shiite i put on bigger hits and always flatten the first coat twice one to flatten it and leave it then 1 to take out blisters......2nd coat then i can finish it in 2 trowels.
Its perfect everytime drys out same shade no matter what the background.
But id rather just bash houses out on new build .. its hassle free. With 1 wee coat xx

Pva can be a spreads worst nightmare if coated too soon ....the same as coating bonding mixed with finish to soon...on refurb shiite i put on bigger hits and always flatten the first coat twice one to flatten it and leave it then 1 to take out blisters......2nd coat then i can finish it in 2 trowels.
Its perfect everytime drys out same shade no matter what the background.
But id rather just bash houses out on new build .. its hassle free. With 1 wee coat xx
The pva was dry as done last night, but maybe I've got the wrong end of the uni stick. Set times could be no different on pva or non pva... cheers tho(y)