Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plastering (London and Manchester)

Members online

Ive done PTTLLS qualification. Was quite eye opening in some ways.
Yes, some times I feel like writing my posts in mixed coloured font to help some of the members on here.
Do you know it was the first paper qualification I'd ever got, apart from the NVQ? I felt really quite proud, especially having seen supposedly intelligent, qualified people struggle or fail to pass it.
Our training provider kept referring to me as Bob the Builder throughout the week.

Know where you're coming from Norm. Problem is, some kids get called thick or get left behind if they cant grasp something and it could be as simple in the way they're told or shown. If someone constantly tells them how to do something instead of showing them and getting their hands dirty then that could be the deciding factor in how they progress through life.
For my teaching demonstration I took an 8 X 4 sheet of plasterboard into the classroom with different coloured lines drawn on to show the correct sweep of the trowel when putting plaster on a wall. Had each 'student' follow between the lines with the trowel at the correct angle.
Had people from other groups queuing up for a go, the teacher went into absolute raptures about my presentation and use of props, colours etc.

with all respect chrispy im old school and cant get my head round all this modern ways I spent 6 years learning on the tools got my arse kicked a few times which is now a criminal offence / but end results worked 49 years on I think Im getting the hang of it
Keep going norm you’ll get there one day

For my teaching demonstration I took an 8 X 4 sheet of plasterboard into the classroom with different coloured lines drawn on to show the correct sweep of the trowel when putting plaster on a wall. Had each 'student' follow between the lines with the trowel at the correct angle.
Had people from other groups queuing up for a go, the teacher went into absolute raptures about my presentation and use of props, colours etc.

But the NVQ is different to the qualification you have.
I did the NVQ level 3 in solid plastering and this didn't include any fibrous (obviously) or screeding. Complex internal and external finishes were the main criteria. The guys that came out to my place of work never witnessed me apply so much as a single hawkfull of gear. Apparently with the evidence I'd supplied it would have been insulting to ask to watch me. They actually suggested that I consider becoming a lecturer.

you coming over to the dark side Andy :inocente::inocente:

you coming over to the dark side Andy :inocente::inocente:
I did seriously plan on doing so mate.
I spent about three to four months working voluntary in a local training center. Did PTLLS but couldn't face the idea of working for a training center where making money was the main objective. Nearest college offering a plastering course was in Suffolk.
Shame as I think I had something to offer. Apart from charm, intellect and stunning good looks.