Let's Talk

Members online

How the f**k do you know I’m wearing a hat?! :frenetico::foto:

Marshy told me how to hack your camera !
Screenshot_20181112-174530.png

I reckon @choppa is gone be the new poster boy cos he got the most tags from BG.
It's hard not being negative towards BG when they have the market with no rival so they can put out want they want with very little consequence. Look how long the shite bag saga rolled on for. Can't help feeling Knauf are missing out on a big percentage of the plaster market @Runswithscissors which is probably the only way BG would start listening when the start losing profit.

Anyway winge over. Let's get to the bottom of this Gypsum mite issue @Nisus

Been lucky with multi and board finish so far. BG are doing demo sessions of thistle pro magnetic plaster and pure finish and dura finish at local LBS merchants at end of month here. Might have a look if free bacon buttie n brew on the go there.

I reckon @choppa is gone be the new poster boy cos he got the most tags from BG.
It's hard not being negative towards BG when they have the market with no rival so they can put out want they want with very little consequence. Look how long the shite bag saga rolled on for. Can't help feeling Knauf are missing out on a big percentage of the plaster market @Runswithscissors which is probably the only way BG would start listening when the start losing profit.

Anyway winge over. Let's get to the bottom of this Gypsum mite issue @Nisus
Hopefully I will.. I have been on a shopping spree getting some sexy underwear ready for my close up booyysssss..

Hi @BritishGypsum , thank you for taking the time to listen to the good folk of the forum, whilst I have you can I tell you about our fundraiser we are about to start on here.

https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/the-next-charity-fundraiser.73571/

Earlier this year we run a charity raffle and it raised a fantastic sum of money for a small independent charity...
https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/this-is-what-will-happen.70250/

If you could find it in your heart either personally or via BG to donate it will make a huge difference to a small charity that strives to help young children with a life limiting illness. Stock, merchandise, shares anything will help .
Kind regards Oli

@BritishGypsum I have switched to multi finish after years of board finish use,
as the new board bags go off very quick in the buckets and the first flatten can be a pain on large sets.. we can cover the same area and the sets are similar time.

I've noticed it's very greasey and my trowels are needing cleaning more often even soaking between sets, I'm not making this stuff up I can see the difference as I got a chance to use the old bags a few weeks back and they was so much nicer to use.

Hi @Burt
@BritishGypsum I have switched to multi finish after years of board finish use,
as the new board bags go off very quick in the buckets and the first flatten can be a pain on large sets.. we can cover the same area and the sets are similar time.

I've noticed it's very greasey and my trowels are needing cleaning more often even soaking between sets, I'm not making this stuff up I can see the difference as I got a chance to use the old bags a few weeks back and they was so much nicer to use.
Hi @Burt Reynolds , thanks for sharing your experience. We would like to understand the issues you are having some more. Can you please DM us your location and contact details so a member of our team can get in touch?

Hi @BritishGypsum , thank you for taking the time to listen to the good folk of the forum, whilst I have you can I tell you about our fundraiser we are about to start on here.

https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/the-next-charity-fundraiser.73571/

Earlier this year we run a charity raffle and it raised a fantastic sum of money for a small independent charity...
https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/this-is-what-will-happen.70250/

If you could find it in your heart either personally or via BG to donate it will make a huge difference to a small charity that strives to help young children with a life limiting illness. Stock, merchandise, shares anything will help .
Kind regards Oli

Hi again @BritishGypsum , nice to have you back on again, I'm sure your busy and may of missed my post...
https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/you-can-now-donate.73684/
Kind regards Oli

Surely there’s other suppliers Norman. Get on the googley device.
plenty but not interested in the small guy had 2 recently say they cant supply laths because they are to long the truth of matter is they don't make enough out of the order but the thing what annoys me why cant BGjust cant put 10 bags on when they diliver to local b/merchnts when asked

Hi @Burt

Hi @Burt Reynolds , thanks for sharing your experience. We would like to understand the issues you are having some more. Can you please DM us your location and contact details so a member of our team can get in touch?
Im too busy to go through that malarkey but I appreciate the reply, the multi finish is better then ever apart from the annoying build up on my nice clean trowels after a few days but the board finish is stickier and thickens up way quicker then before so that to me says it obviously has less/more or something different all together..

The board finish is obviously fine in small sets but you need to understand on M2 with deadlines it's making lads life hard and they want a material that they know they can rely on. Cheers