Let's Talk

Members online

BritishGypsum

Morning all and happy Monday.

We really do want to have conversations with you about our plaster products. If you would like to discuss any issues about plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@Saint-Gobain.com and someone from the team will be in touch.

We hope everyone has a good week.

We really do want to have conversations with you about our plaster products. If you would like to discuss any issues about plaster please send your contact details to Thistleplaster@Saint-Gobain.com and someone from the team will be in touch.

I’ve got a question @BritishGypsum.

Why do you keep using @Vincey on your posters when he is quite easily the ugliest plasterer I’ve ever laid eyes on?

I know right? They should be using me with my 5”2 modelesque stature and blind eyes :chica:
Would need to be along the lines of this Jess
6B16B302-B897-414B-A2F5-ADBD7EAE2EF1.jpeg

Morning why not just listen to people on this thread so we all can see the answers. I think it would be better if you sell pure finish in more local shops.

Morning why not just listen to people on this thread so we all can see the answers. I think it would be better if you sell pure finish in more local shops.
I agree. So far we’ve just had a chat amongst ourselves though..... sorry!

I’ve not had much issue myself with finish. I use knauf boards.

Seems to me from reading everything people are posting about it, folk would like to know:

1. Why are there bad and good batches of gear?

2. Do you recycle the gear and if so how much of it?

3. Why have bg boards become so fragile?

4. Can you provide everybody with pure finish in the standard merchants and wickes etc so we have the choice?

5. What is it about pure finish that makes it that much dearer? More gypsum less crap?

6. You must have tested enough bad batch samples by now and spoken to people. What are your findings please?

Thank you

Jess

Hi @choppa, yes we do intend to do this and are liaising with @Danny to pick a good time and day. In the meantime, we would also like to encourage you to get in touch if you have specific things you want to discuss. We are working on get more stocking locations around the country. If you can let us know your location we can send you a list of local stockists in your area if that's any help?

I agree. So far we’ve just had a chat amongst ourselves though..... sorry!

I’ve not had much issue myself with finish. I use knauf boards.

Seems to me from reading everything people are posting about it, folk would like to know:

1. Why are there bad and good batches of gear?

2. Do you recycle the gear and if so how much of it?

3. Why have bg boards become so fragile?

4. Can you provide everybody with pure finish in the standard merchants and wickes etc so we have the choice?

5. What is it about pure finish that makes it that much dearer? More gypsum less crap?

6. You must have tested enough bad batch samples by now and spoken to people. What are your findings please?

Thank you

Jess
Hi @JessThePlasterer, glad to hear you haven't had much issue with finish and thanks for summarising the general questions. We will add them to the list and set something up so we can address them all together.

Hi @choppa, yes we do intend to do this and are liaising with @Danny to pick a good time and day. In the meantime, we would also like to encourage you to get in touch if you have specific things you want to discuss. We are working on get more stocking locations around the country. If you can let us know your location we can send you a list of local stockists in your area if that's any help?

Now is a good time and today is a good day - it's an internet forum. How it works is that people will read your posts and respond.

Then a bit later, you read their responses and reply.

What's with needing a special time?

a straight answer please will the day ever come when I will be able to order fine casting plaster say 5or10 bagsto be delivered when your transport delivers

Now is a good time and today is a good day - it's an internet forum. How it works is that people will read your posts and respond.

Then a bit later, you read their responses and reply.

What's with needing a special time?
Hi @choppa, depending on the questions, we have different people on the team that have the answers. We figure by getting everyone together we can get more timely responses to you from the right people and make it all a bit more conversational.

Interacting with the people who use your products more frequently would be a start as we do know yous do read threads. I suspect you are aware bq are about to launch trade plasters. I don't know how that will be but if they are successful it will have a direct impact on your sales. I might be wrong but they supply large amount of your plasters at moment and with floor space at a premium something will go. I think the relationship with us could be better. Listen to what we think needs improvement and what products we would like to have.

Hi @choppa, depending on the questions, we have different people on the team that have the answers. We figure by getting everyone together we can get more timely responses to you from the right people and make it all a bit more conversational.

Sign them up...avoiding using a perfectly good forum in favour of some weird and completely unnecessary plan just comes across as a bit ...well, evasive. Same as wanting to do everything by email.

a straight answer please will the day ever come when I will be able to order fine casting plaster say 5or10 bagsto be delivered when your transport delivers
Hi @norman moss, We don't sell directly, so for any product delivery queries you would need to speak to your local merchant. If you can let us know what area of the country you are in we can send you a list of local stockists.

Hi @norman moss, We don't sell directly, so for any product delivery queries you would need to speak to your local merchant. If you can let us know what area of the country you are in we can send you a list of local stockists.
I use Jewson branch 145 I have used this branch for years with no problem getting the plaster up to st gobain taking over i am told they can still supply it but would have to take a full palat out of question .why can I not order say 10 bags and it be put on when you deliver their normal order I make plaster cornices for a living

Interacting with the people who use your products more frequently would be a start as we do know yous do read threads. I suspect you are aware bq are about to launch trade plasters. I don't know how that will be but if they are successful it will have a direct impact on your sales. I might be wrong but they supply large amount of your plasters at moment and with floor space at a premium something will go. I think the relationship with us could be better. Listen to what we think needs improvement and what products we would like to have.
Hi @Donzo, yes in some cases we can and often do respond when we have the answer. However, with many of the product complaints they need addressing on a case by case basis and often need toing and froing for us to really understand the details of the issue. That is why we ask for contact details so someone from the team can get to the bottom of it and really try to understand the problem.

Hi @choppa, we are working on trying to increase the number of stocking locations around the country so hopefully you will start seeing PureFinish in more local suppliers in due course.