Is this normal

BarryW2002

Hi. Just had a new sunroom built using plasterboard. Gaps were taped and filled c.3 weeks ago but there are a number of hairline cracks already appearing along joins of boards. I'm looking for advice whether this is normal or not or whether plasterer should be called back to repair. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 436
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 427
Hi. Just had a new sunroom built using plasterboard. Gaps were taped and filled c.3 weeks ago but there are a number of hairline cracks already appearing along joins of boards. I'm looking for advice whether this is normal or not or whether plasterer should be called back to repair. Thanks in advance
Decorator will get it .

taped and filled. this my friend is a plasterers forum come back to us when you have it skimmed.

Theres always constant movement in sunrooms and conservatories due to thermal expansion.
If theres a massive temperature swing like in a southfacing conservatory boards will expand/contract (dont rember the exact figures) but they can move by something like an 1/8th of an inch over 15m2.
Obviously too much movement and the crack shows through the finish.
Joint compounds less prone to cracking id of used paper tape though.

What is normal nowadays .....ive been listening to them pile driving the ground across the road for the last 6 weeks.....BANG BANG BANG all day long.
I wish I had a crack in the wall instead of this noise:hueco:

There is too much joint cement in the internal. Fold over a piece of sandpaper and rub into the crack until it disappears.