Members online

The US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand most of Europe have been using drywall for decades?
Never heard anyone saying that drywall needs redone after 5 years?
Then again some plastering(Skim) can look tired after a few years too if not prepped right.

Not saying it has to. Just the face of plasterboard is not as strong as skim, therefore more prone to marks. If it a well used room in a house it can pick up lots of damage making it much easier to skim rather then fill.

And then you have wallpaper, just take wallpaper off drylining, good percentage will destroy it in the process.

Tape and join isn't going anywhere because it's cheap and cheerful. But skimming on domestics isn't going anywhere either. Though as said airless could take a chunk of the pie too

Jointing is easier and we see lots American Females getting involved as part of normal DIY. Its ready to paint when its hard and generally more idiot friendly, which makes it popular.
Plastering is more skillful as you're only getting one hit with prep & timing a big factor and of course there's no sanding to "Snag" it, which like the old felt roofing before torch-on actually goes against it in popularity.
Generally I would have to say drywall is on the way up and skim is on the way down because its easier and more versatile. Touché du la Nat!!

Jointing is easier and we see lots American Females getting involved as part of normal DIY. Its ready to paint when its hard and generally more idiot friendly, which makes it popular.
Plastering is more skillful as you're only getting one hit with prep & timing a big factor and of course there's no sanding to "Snag" it, which like the old felt roofing before torch-on actually goes against it in popularity.
Generally I would have to say drywall is on the way up and skim is on the way down because its easier and more versatile. Touché du la Nat!!

Your still missing the point I was making :)

out of 20 sites we got on the go im a chipie not plasterer by the way
the house bashing companys (wimpey,persimmon,barratts) all dry line
the better house builders (crest .royaltons, milgate) all skim coat even wimpy do it on there bigger houses

out of 20 sites we got on the go im a chipie not plasterer by the way
the house bashing companys (wimpey,persimmon,barratts) all dry line
the better house builders (crest .royaltons, milgate) all skim coat even wimpy do it on there bigger houses

do you sell mushy peas in your chippy ??

you my mushy pea selling friend are full of batter.....persimmon/ le barrat and whimpolion all skim their sites.

not on every site but quite a few.

crest and whoever else all build the same crap same spec......cheap mats cheap labour.

youve made me hungry.

@algeeman - hopefully this helps the hunger buddy!
IMG_4428.PNG

1.30am, you not tired mate?
Turned up on job this morning it was booked for tomorrow not today then she phoned to say asbestos idiots let her down so had to rearrange to Thursday now all my diary is a mess and can't sleep lol