Is it just me?!

Technically there's abit of truth to what @madmonk is saying one bag covers 10sqm at 2mm thickness that's pretty much standard for a first coat, then 1mm for the second coat,these are just guidelines from British gypsum and if followed your looking at 7.5 bags personally a bag at 2mm thick will cover 10sqm, it's the second coat where you can extend your coverage as the second coat goes further as you have a nice bed to lay your second coat into also depends on what surface your laying on but personally if it was a 50sqm plasterboarded ceiling I would say 6-6.5 bags would be enough
Thank you

Fukin ayone now come to me Haha seriously
My mum said she'd give you a slap

Tpf discount comes out at about £30 for a decent session but you'll have to wait , lockdowns meant she's booked till spring

Happy New Year lads a ladies! Could do with a bit of help and draw on the immense knowledge base of some pros.

I've got a development I'm managing in Brum, new builds, fairly straight forward. I've had 2 separate plasterers in, both have been sh1te. Both promised the world and neither delivered, spent about 3 weeks having to sand the b*ll***s out of corners and easyfill massive divets, sweeps and scrapes out of the walls to get a decent finish for the decorator. It had bobbled and had a really rough finish to it as opposed to it being all shiny and nice.

The entire ground floor is more or less open plan, approx 5m x 9m room @2.4m high. Now, I have no experience plastering, it's a skill I've never tried or wish to to be honest but I've seen plenty of great work done and know roughly whats going on.

My questions are:

A) How much spread/coverage in a guage?
B) How much should you be putting on at a time?
C) Can 1 man do 50sqm ceiling on his own in one hit without it looking shite?

(Using board finish on BG boards FYI)

I can only guess the reason my two muppets have messed up so badly is that they tried to do too much too quickly. They both were on their own and managed to knock out the house in 3/4 days. 1 of them somehow managed to use half the plaster as the other even though they were identical houses. They were roughly 330sqm total.

Any advice would be amazing, also if anyone knows a decent spread around Brum, I've got a bit of work going.

Cheers

Simples it's down to money and supply and demand. Theres loads of work around even more now because of Brexit...and the top spreads don't go anywhere near builders or developers because not to tar them all with the same brush they are c**ts that want make a large mark up on you and want everything done yesterday and want you to drop everything else to get their work bashed out.

Technically there's abit of truth to what @madmonk is saying one bag covers 10sqm at 2mm thickness that's pretty much standard for a first coat, then 1mm for the second coat,these are just guidelines from British gypsum and if followed your looking at 7.5 bags personally a bag at 2mm thick will cover 10sqm, it's the second coat where you can extend your coverage as the second coat goes further as you have a nice bed to lay your second coat into also depends on what surface your laying on but personally if it was a 50sqm plasterboarded ceiling I would say 6-6.5 bags would be enough
You Got It Ok GIF

7.5 bags would mean a bag of plaster for every 2 and a quarter sheets of boards lol. There's not much truth in that

You are not properly 2 coating 10m2 with 1 bag of gear!
Now get to bed, stupid boy!
You can't 2 coat 3 and a half sheets of plasterboard with a bag of Multi?
Does anyone on this site actually plaster for a living?

Fooking hell fire hahahaha.im best spread on here and id say 5 ish bags would 2 coat a 50m2 lid.

Thread closed

Who you refer too?
the op

don't start picking on me monky lad or I'll set @Casper onto ye

You can't 2 coat 3 and a half sheets of plasterboard with a bag of Multi?
Does anyone on this site actually plaster for a living?
Not proper 2 coat work.
But I could definitely 1 coat them to a very high standard if I choose to. But I’m not a stupid rough little badger like you.

I know an awesome plasterer , does really well out of the game..gets 8m2 out of a bag

I know another awesome plasterer, does really well out of the game gets 16m2 out of a bag

You could not tell the difference between their work

hows oli this fine evening
not heard from you for a while xx