I would Like To Welcome REFINA!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
nickelarse so you use the 1800 have you used the 1000/1100? im towing on which to get is there any diff between the 240 and the 110 apart from the voltage ?

I have to agree with nick about the trowels. In my opinion they're not good enough. Especially for the price. I think they're too heavy, blades too thick and takes a lot longer to wear in than MT. My old boss bought me my first trowel and it wad the refina with the black squares on the handles. After about a year it bent the wrong way, he fixed it but a few months later it bent back. Thought it was a one off so I ordered another and it happened again so it went in the skip now I stick to MT, and like nick I use steel.Leon have you got any deals at the minute on hop ups? I'm looking at getting 2 1500x300 but if I remember rightly with delivery they're around £250. Also I'd be tempted to buy a spat if they were cheaper. £100 is a lot of money and £40 for a pole is ridilculous.

Ive used the refina trowel for the last 8/9 years and not had a problem with them, appart from when i get a new one them little notches on the handle are a pain and a waste of time.

Are they there for a reason? I used to cut them back with a stanley. The irritating little bastards

nickelarse so you use the 1800 have you used the 1000/1100? im towing on which to get is there any diff between the 240 and the 110 apart from the voltage ?

mine is the 1 with 2 gears and the variable trigger. the 2 gears are worth having. variable trigger is a must imo. iv only ever used the 1000w when working with other people and they were with skim. theyre fine for that but i used to use mine for backing coats and sand cement on small jobs etc. i dont know what theyd be like on those. i think a bigger motor is better if u can afford it because in theory it should last longer and cope better with what u use it for. as for the voltage, i imagine they perform the same. im sure there is a few guys on here that have the different models that can probably tell you more

I have to agree with nick about the trowels. In my opinion they're not good enough. Especially for the price. I think they're too heavy, blades too thick and takes a lot longer to wear in than MT. My old boss bought me my first trowel and it wad the refina with the black squares on the handles. After about a year it bent the wrong way, he fixed it but a few months later it bent back. Thought it was a one off so I ordered another and it happened again so it went in the skip now I stick to MT, and like nick I use steel.Leon have you got any deals at the minute on hop ups? I'm looking at getting 2 1500x300 but if I remember rightly with delivery they're around £250. Also I'd be tempted to buy a spat if they were cheaper. £100 is a lot of money and £40 for a pole is ridilculous.

u agree with me?? blimey!!

thats def the thing with the blades, they feel thick clumsy and heavy compared to the mt. especially after using an old worn in trowel.

Ive used the refina trowel for the last 8/9 years and not had a problem with them, appart from when i get a new one them little notches on the handle are a pain and a waste of time.

do u use them for skimming?? u use a long trowel dont u?

Do refina do buckets ? I ask because it's all very well going to a tool shop and buying mixing drills, trowels etc but what if you need a bucket as well ? If you do I'll have one, yellow or black, I'm easy.

yes i agree about the variable speed i dont think id have one if it didnt have it

do u use them for skimming?? u use a long trowel dont u?
Yep i use the same trowel for everything appart from dabbing its 20", i need a new one the front rivets gone but thats what happens with it being long. I have a small trowel but to be honest i dont use it inless its for a window head in a toilet or somethin like that.

Do refina do buckets ? I ask because it's all very well going to a tool shop and buying mixing drills, trowels etc but what if you need a bucket as well ? If you do I'll have one, yellow or black, I'm easy.

they do but they are not cheap but last years!

Me and my dad both have the 110v 1800 and my nrother has the littler 240 Mega mixers. Make sure you get the 1800. My bros one does mix everything fine it just takes ages on hardwall etc. We always use a 1800 for that as it just seems the right tool for the job.

thanks for the reply. just out of interest, how come you wont be making anything in steel? a decent percentage of plasterers use them??

the refiona trowel i have now i could send back if i gave it a good clean up, as i now use it for just backing plasters ie bonding etc im not trying to take the p1ss btw :)

i assume on youtube the videos u are now starting to upload are the ones under refina?? theres 2?? can u post links on here when u have more up?

how do i go about sending back the plastic trowel?? i assume u would just send a replacement sleeve yeah?

who are polar warm wall btw??

cheers

I think we're trying to stick with the chrome stainless for our hand tools as it's one of the more 'premium' materials used and that's the image we like to have for our range. Our finishing trowel isn't quite right, maybe when we've improved the trowel and we're getting some positive feedback on it we'll look at the carbon steel, but not for now I'm afraid.

If it's been problematic just send it back in with a note saying what's wrong and what you'd like us to do. You can mention that you've been in touch with me on the note too.

Those are the two I've done so far, will make sure I notify when we have more, or you can always subscribe to our channel: RefinaLtd's Channel - YouTube

You can just pop the plastic blade in the post to us with a note and we'll get a new blade sent out to you ASAP. If you want a different size or anything and pay the difference that's fine too, just let us know.

Polar warm wall are an external insulation company based in Swindon, nice guys.

Will do mate thanks.

Will you be making a plastic corner trowel at any point?

Plastic corner trowel is something we're working on. Production of the plastic blades has just moved premises so once everything is up and running there we will look at some new products.

Thanks for the feedback, Beddy. We are working on a lighter trowel, with a thinner and slightly wider blade. The black 'nubs' are being discontinued as we haven't had much good feedback on them, so the range will now be the handle that you get with the standard blade holder for the plazzy or the 'premium' handle that we have on our finishing trowels.

We've got a bit of a sale on on hop ups at the minute; narrowing our range. There's a H300xL1300xW700mm hop up going for £79+VAT and carriage will be £9.95. The one (I think) you're after H300xL1500xW300mm is £119+VAT, again it will be £9.95 carriage or you can ask for our 'B' service if you're in no hurry and carriage will be £6.95.

No special offers on the spats at the moment, but the prices have come down a touch with our latest catalogue: Refina Ltd s*p*r*lex Skimming Spatulas.

Thanks Flynnyman. The finishing trowel shouldn't have the notches, it'll come with a similar handle to the MT, just a little larger. All our finishing trowels are on offer at £25+VAT at the minute.

Cheers.

Thanks Flynnyman. The finishing trowel shouldn't have the notches, it'll come with a similar handle to the MT, just a little larger. All our finishing trowels are on offer at £25+VAT at the minute.

Cheers.

I shall take a look later :)

mine is the 1 with 2 gears and the variable trigger. the 2 gears are worth having. variable trigger is a must imo. iv only ever used the 1000w when working with other people and they were with skim. theyre fine for that but i used to use mine for backing coats and sand cement on small jobs etc. i dont know what theyd be like on those. i think a bigger motor is better if u can afford it because in theory it should last longer and cope better with what u use it for. as for the voltage, i imagine they perform the same. im sure there is a few guys on here that have the different models that can probably tell you more

Hi NPS, All the megamixers are now soft start. I assume you're looking at the 'H' handle models? the MM30 is 1800w, 2 speed, and then we have the MM22 1150w, 2 speed and MM21, 1150w, single speed. The MM22 is £40 more than the MM21 but comes with £80 free tools, so that's a no brainer really.

The performance of 110v and 230v models is the same. Whether you take the MM30 or MM22 boils down to how much you're mixing: MM30 up to 4 bag and MM22 up to 3 bag. As a result of the bigger motor the mixer can handle a bigger paddle and mix in a larger vessel.

Hope this helps.

Hello irish_spread,

Here's a link to the mixing buckets we stock:

Refina Ltd Mixing & Gauging Tubs

we either have the low wide style black tubs or the sightly taller white plastic tubs, both heavy duty and will last you ages.

Refina i gotta ask. You have a spot stand and plastic spot for sale. What is the purpose of the groove or channel that goes round the outside of the spot.??

Refina i gotta ask. You have a spot stand and plastic spot for sale. What is the purpose of the groove or channel that goes round the outside of the spot.??

Hi theblones,

We've actually discontinued the product you're talking about. However the the board was originally designed to be used on the floor for mixing small batches of concrete or cement with a shovel. It should be used the other way up, so you're getting a lip and not a channel, this lip was put there to stop the material getting onto the floor.

Cheers.

Cheers.

i wish i still had it now you said that, it would be ideal to place under a machine to save mess and adjust material consistency. we could never work it out cos a lip on a spot is useless plus it wasn't flat.
Another one. The corner bead crimper. What beads does it crimp. i could never find drywall beads that size

I'll have a look in stores in a tick and see if we still have one knocking about for you. The corner bead crimper was from the states, we bought it in assuming bead sizes would be universal, but then found out that they aren't, hence why we don't sell it anymore.

No joy I'm afraid theblones. We're clearing out our other unit at the moment, so if one shows up I'll get in touch.

Cheers,
Leon

Just got the catalogue through the door today £139 + VAT for the tyroleane gun.. holy s**t balls thats canny pricey.. no wonder i hire one. dont get me wrong its a quality gun. but way too pricey.....:RpS_lol:

i wish i still had it now you said that, it would be ideal to place under a machine to save mess and adjust material consistency. we could never work it out cos a lip on a spot is useless plus it wasn't flat.
Another one. The corner bead crimper. What beads does it crimp. i could never find drywall beads that size

i use one of those plastic spots from wickes for the ritmo. about £15. saves a lot of mess.

Thanks for the feedback, Beddy. We are working on a lighter trowel, with a thinner and slightly wider blade. The black 'nubs' are being discontinued as we haven't had much good feedback on them, so the range will now be the handle that you get with the standard blade holder for the plazzy or the 'premium' handle that we have on our finishing trowels.

We've got a bit of a sale on on hop ups at the minute; narrowing our range. There's a H300xL1300xW700mm hop up going for £79+VAT and carriage will be £9.95. The one (I think) you're after H300xL1500xW300mm is £119+VAT, again it will be £9.95 carriage or you can ask for our 'B' service if you're in no hurry and carriage will be £6.95.

No special offers on the spats at the moment, but the prices have come down a touch with our latest catalogue: Refina Ltd s*p*r*lex Skimming Spatulas.

just a thought and i think most people will agree with me, definatly do not put the handle that comes with the plastic trowel blade holder on normal trowel. theyre horrible.

I think we're trying to stick with the chrome stainless for our hand tools as it's one of the more 'premium' materials used and that's the image we like to have for our range. Our finishing trowel isn't quite right, maybe when we've improved the trowel and we're getting some positive feedback on it we'll look at the carbon steel, but not for now I'm afraid.

If it's been problematic just send it back in with a note saying what's wrong and what you'd like us to do. You can mention that you've been in touch with me on the note too.

Those are the two I've done so far, will make sure I notify when we have more, or you can always subscribe to our channel: RefinaLtd's Channel - YouTube

You can just pop the plastic blade in the post to us with a note and we'll get a new blade sent out to you ASAP. If you want a different size or anything and pay the difference that's fine too, just let us know.

Polar warm wall are an external insulation company based in Swindon, nice guys.

cheers mate

I did get a third trowel and it had the handle you're talking about, similar to MT but that felt even heavier than the other trowels so sold it on. Funnily enough I went in the van and remembered I'd bought an 11" refina a while back, looked down it and that had bent the wrong way aswell even though I've used it a handful of times. so you may need to look at that. Maybe flynnys just looking. Regarding the hop up, I'm after the 1500x300 but the higher one, think its 18" high. I don't know about anyone else but I think you're trowels are wide enough as it is, in fact I use a 4" wide trowel at the minute, any wider than 5" feels like a shovel. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.