I would Like To Welcome REFINA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i need a new trowel and a small trowel for that plastic grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :) nice one

can i ask the first question??

why are your trowels so expensive and shite??

and why is your postage so expensive??

and why are your s*p*r*lex spats so expensive (i do like them tho)

and what are the chances of testing one of your eibenstock powerfloats??

How to make friends and influence people............ Quality icebreaker nick....:RpS_thumbsup:

mabey just start small a 14"s*p*r*lex trowel free for members, thats more realistic, still not goin to happen mind........but a girl can dream

what about a Marshalltown trowel?

or 75% off either the MM29/1 1800 Watt D or the MM30/2 1800 WATT H
cheers refina

.......... i wanna try one of those s*p*r*lex spats, any chance of one in the post?

Oh n welcome to the forum :RpS_thumbup:

hey id try one too but only if it was free! if i liked it after 6months id pay you for it hows about that for a deal?

Welcome to the forum Refina, i'm sure you will find it very interesting and informative with the obvious benefits of both negative and positive feedback you will find the forum to be an invaluable tool in your business model, with over 5000 members and 1000's more as guests, all being mainly professionals at the top of their game in whichever category of the 'Plastering fraternity' your guaranteed to receive the information required to improve and develop and drive your sales even further.
On a finishing note all samples are to be sent to me for approval before i pass them onto the prospective recipient.

Regards

Mr Warrior (but you can call me Paul)

Fk me ........It's Refina, not Father Christmas! :RpS_scared:

Welcome along anyhow.............

Err s*p*r*lex? Are they really all they're cracked up to be?

Fk me ........It's Refina, not Father Christmas! :RpS_scared:

Welcome along anyhow.............

Err s*p*r*lex? Are they really all they're cracked up to be?

You think they gonna come on here and say "Nah they are s**t dont waste your money"?

they are not s**t by the way but you know what i mean

as far as i can see from useing one bubbles thier pukka i love them although i could do with a new one......nudge nudge wink wink:RpS_wink:

not a word !!! so looks like we are gonna get foook all!!!!! watch them come along and offer a wa'nk stain thing like 20% off

bring on Master Marshalltown

not a word !!! so looks like we are gonna get foook all!!!!! watch them come along and offer a wa'nk stain thing like 20% off

bring on Master Marshalltown

you can get 20% off at handtoolsxpress anyways

Good morning TPF,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry I haven't posted up yet, I didn't check the forum over the weekend, but will make sure I'm checking it from now on. I've posed a short 'hello' in the new members section. As I said there, any queries please get in touch. Also we'll be looking to try out some new products on this forum which we would like feedback on.

Hi Nick, what is it you don't like about our trowels?

Postage is expensive because we try to offer a 24h service to all our customers. We also offer a 'B' service which is a little cheaper if you're not in a hurry for your tools.

With regards to our spat, we realise we aren't the cheapest company but we hope the prices reflect the quality of our tools. In 2012 we are going to be a bit more proactive with special offers, including TPF exclusive offers, so make sure you check our website regularly for the latest.

We will be promoting the powerfloat (EPG400) this year, we have quite long lead times for it and are awaiting 110v stock at the moment. Someone trialled it for us at the end of last year, he used it with the scratcher attachment and loved it. If and when we have one available for trial, I'll be in touch with Danny who will contact the most appropriate people.

Thanks again for the welcome.

pmsl

when you get some deals or offers on your site could you post them here too? just that i dont check your site all the time i only check it if i want something

no 75% off then?:RpS_crying:

pmsl

when you get some deals or offers on your site could you post them here too? just that i dont check your site all the time i only check it if i want something

no 75% off then?:RpS_crying:

No 75% off I'm afraid, sorry.

More than happy to post up special offers, but that's something that Danny would need to OK as I'm more here to answer any questions and contribute to the forum and not to advertise. If you want to get our latest updates you can sign up to our e-mailer (the sign up is on the left hand side in blue box on Tools for plastering, screeding and repair trades from Refina Ltd)

Good morning TPF,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry I haven't posted up yet, I didn't check the forum over the weekend, but will make sure I'm checking it from now on. I've posed a short 'hello' in the new members section. As I said there, any queries please get in touch. Also we'll be looking to try out some new products on this forum which we would like feedback on.

Hi Nick, what is it you don't like about our trowels?

Postage is expensive because we try to offer a 24h service to all our customers. We also offer a 'B' service which is a little cheaper if you're not in a hurry for your tools.

With regards to our spat, we realise we aren't the cheapest company but we hope the prices reflect the quality of our tools. In 2012 we are going to be a bit more proactive with special offers, including TPF exclusive offers, so make sure you check our website regularly for the latest.

We will be promoting the powerfloat (EPG400) this year, we have quite long lead times for it and are awaiting 110v stock at the moment. Someone trialled it for us at the end of last year, he used it with the scratcher attachment and loved it. If and when we have one available for trial, I'll be in touch with Danny who will contact the most appropriate people.

Thanks again for the welcome.

hello :)

yeah sorry to sound too negative. with regards to your trowels, you dont do any steel trowels. thats the first bad bit. i personally prefere steel. but i tried one of your stainless as i also find that a lot of the time marshalltown trowels from say b and q are a bit bent up. i didnt really like the refina handle very much, although i know thats personal, and the trowel has gone out of shape since wearing it in on heavier materials. just didnt really like it much, especially for the price, which was £33+vat+delivery (14inch). i wasnt aware you did different delivery services.

your s*p*r*lex spat i really like. but at nearly £100 for the 1m ish length one, its again very expensive. and it doesnt feel very good quality. the ends come off very easily, and it is after all just a thin sheet of metal with a plastic handle. i dont know what they cost to produce obviously, but i would say that its more a £40 tool than £100. but like i say, they are very useful for certain things.

so as not to be too negative, your mega mixers are the nuts. iv had mine for about 10yrs now, 240v 2 handle 1800w cost me about £300 at the time. nothing has ever broken on it.

with regards to the powerfloat, iv looked at them many times and am quite tempted but just havent got to the stage of buying one yet. if the opportunity came along to test one it would be very much appreciated!! it would be nice if u guys got some videos up of products like this on youtube so people could see what theyre like before buying. most vids for refina stuff are either foreign or people making their own.

a couple more things whilst im at it. your plastic trowels. again i bought one and again i didnt really like it that much. i cant really see the purpose of them. apart from a final shine as a hard trowel. but then i personally find that a bit pointless. and they are again very flimsy and mine had begun to come away around the foam and this is after very minimal usage. this was again best part of £50.

also how do you rate your maltech machines?? a few guys on here run pft and mtec machines. iv never known anyone to own a maltech.

also, whats your name and what do u do within refina??

cheers. nick :RpS_thumbup:

your s*p*r*lex spat i really like. but at nearly £100 for the 1m ish length one, its again very expensive. and it doesnt feel very good quality. the ends come off very easily, and it is after all just a thin sheet of metal with a plastic handle. i dont know what they cost to produce obviously, but i would say that its more a £40 tool than £100. but like i say, they are very useful for certain things.

so as not to be too negative, your mega mixers are the nuts. iv had mine for about 10yrs now, 240v 2 handle 1800w cost me about £300 at the time. nothing has ever broken on it.

The end of our 40" s*p*r*lex spat have also come off so you may wanna look in to that as ours now has plaster inside as we had to continue to use it that day. Thought i was unlucky but seems not. They also are very hard to get in and out of the handle with out worrying the ends will come off!

I must say we all have you mega mixers aswell and they are the best electric tool we have ever own they just never seem to break

yeah sorry to sound too negative. with regards to your trowels, you dont do any steel trowels. thats the first bad bit. i personally prefere steel. but i tried one of your stainless as i also find that a lot of the time marshalltown trowels from say b and q are a bit bent up. i didnt really like the refina handle very much, although i know thats personal, and the trowel has gone out of shape since wearing it in on heavier materials. just didnt really like it much, especially for the price, which was £33+vat+delivery (14inch). i wasnt aware you did different delivery services.

with regards to the powerfloat, iv looked at them many times and am quite tempted but just havent got to the stage of buying one yet. if the opportunity came along to test one it would be very much appreciated!! it would be nice if u guys got some videos up of products like this on youtube so people could see what theyre like before buying. most vids for refina stuff are either foreign or people making their own.

a couple more things whilst im at it. your plastic trowels. again i bought one and again i didnt really like it that much. i cant really see the purpose of them. apart from a final shine as a hard trowel. but then i personally find that a bit pointless. and they are again very flimsy and mine had begun to come away around the foam and this is after very minimal usage. this was again best part of £50.

also how do you rate your maltech machines?? a few guys on here run pft and mtec machines. iv never known anyone to own a maltech.

also, whats your name and what do u do within refina??

cheers. nick :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback Nick! My name is Leon and it's my parents who started and run Refina. I've been working in sales and in the stores on and off for about 6 years and full time for about 2.

With regards to the trowel we are aware that it doesn't quite have the feel of the Marshalltown and are working on it. I'm afraid we won't be producing anything in carbon steel anytime, our range is stainless or premium chrome stainless. If your trowel has gone out of shape with minimal usage, give us a call and we'll get it looked at. We will either replace or refund unless someone is obviously trying to take the p***.

I can see why you'd say that about the spats, the expense with them comes with the tooling for the plastic extrusion and the patent on the 'bi-flex' blade. I will make sure I pass on comments about the price though!

I'm glad you're pleased with your mixer, Nick! If anything does happen to go wrong, we run a full collect, repair and return service and stock spares for a quick turnaround. I will make sure I remind Danny you're keen on the power float if and when we get one in for testing.

With the videos, I completely agree. A lot of the stuff we get in from suppliers and just link to it. I've started a youtube channel a month or two ago and working a new videos. We are expecting to finish editing for videos of plazzy trowels, Refina Rotapump and render pressure pot sprayer in the next few weeks.

If you've had any issues with the plastic trowels please send them back and we'll send out a replacement to you. We had an iffy batch where the glue wasn't sticking properly, so more than happy to replace.

We've discontinued the Maltech machines, although we do have a few pumps knocking about in stores. Best bet is to phone Peter on 01202 632270 on any info on pumps. We are now manufacturing are own pump that is very versatile, low maintenance and under £3k. We've been working with a company called Polar warm wall who have helped us with the development of it, really good guys. They reckon they can get 500m2 a day out of it.

A bit long, but I hope that's covered everything. Thanks.

The end of our 40" s*p*r*lex spat have also come off so you may wanna look in to that as ours now has plaster inside as we had to continue to use it that day. Thought i was unlucky but seems not. They also are very hard to get in and out of the handle with out worrying the ends will come off!

I must say we all have you mega mixers aswell and they are the best electric tool we have ever own they just never seem to break

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Please give us a call tomorrow on 01202 632270 to arrange to get it sent back to us to have a look at and we'll get a replacement out to you.

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback Nick! My name is Leon and it's my parents who started and run Refina. I've been working in sales and in the stores on and off for about 6 years and full time for about 2.

With regards to the trowel we are aware that it doesn't quite have the feel of the Marshalltown and are working on it. I'm afraid we won't be producing anything in carbon steel anytime, our range is stainless or premium chrome stainless. If your trowel has gone out of shape with minimal usage, give us a call and we'll get it looked at. We will either replace or refund unless someone is obviously trying to take the p***.

I can see why you'd say that about the spats, the expense with them comes with the tooling for the plastic extrusion and the patent on the 'bi-flex' blade. I will make sure I pass on comments about the price though!

I'm glad you're pleased with your mixer, Nick! If anything does happen to go wrong, we run a full collect, repair and return service and stock spares for a quick turnaround. I will make sure I remind Danny you're keen on the power float if and when we get one in for testing.

With the videos, I completely agree. A lot of the stuff we get in from suppliers and just link to it. I've started a youtube channel a month or two ago and working a new videos. We are expecting to finish editing for videos of plazzy trowels, Refina Rotapump and render pressure pot sprayer in the next few weeks.

If you've had any issues with the plastic trowels please send them back and we'll send out a replacement to you. We had an iffy batch where the glue wasn't sticking properly, so more than happy to replace.

We've discontinued the Maltech machines, although we do have a few pumps knocking about in stores. Best bet is to phone Peter on 01202 632270 on any info on pumps. We are now manufacturing are own pump that is very versatile, low maintenance and under £3k. We've been working with a company called Polar warm wall who have helped us with the development of it, really good guys. They reckon they can get 500m2 a day out of it.

A bit long, but I hope that's covered everything. Thanks.

thanks for the reply. just out of interest, how come you wont be making anything in steel? a decent percentage of plasterers use them??

the refiona trowel i have now i could send back if i gave it a good clean up, as i now use it for just backing plasters ie bonding etc im not trying to take the p1ss btw :)

i assume on youtube the videos u are now starting to upload are the ones under refina?? theres 2?? can u post links on here when u have more up?

how do i go about sending back the plastic trowel?? i assume u would just send a replacement sleeve yeah?

who are polar warm wall btw??

cheers

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Please give us a call tomorrow on 01202 632270 to arrange to get it sent back to us to have a look at and we'll get a replacement out to you.

Cheers.

Will do mate thanks.

Will you be making a plastic corner trowel at any point?

Status
Not open for further replies.