How to use a mediflex?

Members online

Cornelius

Can’t figure out what to do with it? Tried everything I can but most of the time it stripes or leaves white scuff marks. Don’t tell me to adjust my timings either without explaining are you meant to leave it later or get on it sooner. Who’s using it for just final trowel or right the way through after flattening? What’s it actually for I don’t know how to use it. My nelamax has scratched up so I started dabbling with the medi again. It’s broken in by the way I’ve had it over 18 months now. I just don’t understand the process of how to use it properly without stripes ripples or tears. Sorry I know this subject has been done to death but a few tips would be welcome please

skip-hire.jpg

Can’t figure out what to do with it? Tried everything I can but most of the time it stripes or leaves white scuff marks. Don’t tell me to adjust my timings either without explaining are you meant to leave it later or get on it sooner. Who’s using it for just final trowel or right the way through after flattening? What’s it actually for I don’t know how to use it. My nelamax has scratched up so I started dabbling with the medi again. It’s broken in by the way I’ve had it over 18 months now. I just don’t understand the process of how to use it properly without stripes ripples or tears. Sorry I know this subject has been done to death but a few tips would be welcome please
I find holding it flat to the wall with not much edge seems to work a treat,but I’ve f**k*d them all off for the mo and gone back to carbon all the way through

I find holding it flat to the wall with not much edge seems to work a treat,but I’ve f**k*d them all off for the mo and gone back to carbon all the way through
I’ve got a really nice carbon mt for skimming and carbon nela premium I’m breaking in on render.

Nelamax has a really bad Nick in it and can’t be bothered to rub it out again so that’s probably redundant now. And the medi doesn’t really nick or scratch so want to get used to it and see what the fuss is about.

Nelamax has a really bad Nick in it and can’t be bothered to rub it out again so that’s probably redundant now. And the medi doesn’t really nick or scratch so want to get used to it and see what the fuss is about.
Couldnt get on with mine . Tried every thing . Think I need to go to ss as I.m getting lazy with carbons

Q

Carbon filter for u 4 pot hydroponic system ya rookinf stoner flag
[/QUOTE
4 pot lol you sound like you know your stuff,I always thought you were a coke and weed dealer before u took up plastering
I’ve got a really nice carbon mt for skimming and carbon nela premium I’m breaking in on render.
i don’t break trowels in no more on render I find it bends them the wrong way for skimming ,with the metal being soo shite nowadays .just use wet and dry and some good old elbow grease to break her in for skimming

Use it 3rd trowel or last polish just. Our finish is different than the thistle plasters too. Normally just use it at the end when it's starting to set to finish it. Sometimes just stay stainless steel all way through though. If. It's leaving the whiten lines your on it too late if it's rippling too early basically far as i can tell

i don’t break trowels in no more on render I find it bends them the wrong way for skimming ,with the metal being soo shite nowadays .just use wet and dry and some good old elbow grease to break her in for skimming
Best way to break in a trowel for skimming is by skimming with it, my my carbon has been used on render but the edges are so rounded it’s difficult getting into corners

I personally flatten second coat straight away with MT, then once more with MT 20mins or so later, then wait again and go over with mediflex, then last trowel with s*p*r*lex. I'm really starting to think that last trowels not needed though but can't get out the habit of doing it

Probably nelamax is harder wearing but still gets damaged and I don’t need like the way the blade can move. Refina plazzi I really liked but again just scratches too much.
No nela do another plastic that looks like the mediflex

I personally flatten second coat straight away with MT, then once more with MT 20mins or so later, then wait again and go over with mediflex, then last trowel with s*p*r*lex. I'm really starting to think that last trowels not needed though but can't get out the habit of doing it
Yeah and three different trowels is too many. 10-15 years ago I just had one skimming trowel and now I’ve got all sorts of s**t that is either rubbish or I can’t use.

Yeah and three different trowels is too many. 10-15 years ago I just had one skimming trowel and now I’ve got all sorts of s**t that is either rubbish or I can’t use.
I know, I now can't skim from start to finish with a MT, f**k**g embarrassing

Put the crap in the bin . I knows guys with 10 trowels f**k that I have two and they get the job done .

It needs to be almost gone mate , then a touch of water . Thats my take on it .