How to sponge ?

Members online

Stanbra

What's your method for sponging on board work ?

Seen some lads work and couldn't pick fault with it.

I was never taught how to sponge so lately it's been trial and error after watching some videos on YouTube.

I'm putting two coats on, flattening with speed skim then another flatten, lightly spraying walls then sponging then troweling up with mt flexi... then another trowel after

Just struggling with timing as when to sponge, then when to trowel out sponge... what's your methods ??

I was never taught how to sponge so lately it's been trial and error after watching some videos on YouTube.

I'm putting two coats on, flattening with speed skim then another flatten, lightly spraying walls then sponging then troweling up with mt flexi... then another trowel after

Just struggling with timing as when to sponge, then when to trowel out sponge... what's your methods ??

If you 2nd coat is a fresh mix then pointless!

stop f**k**g about and do the job as it should be done

A lot of people swear by sponging, I was just trying to adopt a new method.

I use prawn crackers mate.
Crush them first and put them into mix.
Same affect (y)
No need for sponge.
IMG_20190607_224654.jpg
IMG_20190607_224706.jpg
IMG_20190607_153734.jpg

Your 1 coating then!

Mix a fresh 2nd if struggling to achieve finish!
What's your method if you're sponging
Loads of lads on our firm do it like I said but they 1 coat and its rough as arseholes.
the job I seen done by lads sponging looks spot on, and I love seeing rough work as it makes me feel good about myself but I've got to give credit where it's due...

never tried it old school boy /surerly any kind of sponging must drag the finish trowelling closes it
I've started using flexi trowel and makes life easier. Keep hearing about sponging and how it makes it easier/better finish... thought I'd try it see what it's like

Y don't you put two tight coat on. Cup of tea one wet one dry. All about timing. Spunge is for washing cars. A trowel is for plastrering

Finish wall with nela max today really coming good. Even old plasterer had a play and liked it. f**k**g dropped it on way to van and scuffed all one edge .arrrgggh. think its sanded out

that's the trouble people looking at you tube thinking they can plaster
That's not the case with me. I was just wanting to try something different and see how it turned out. Like I said earlier I've seen results of a sponge finish from some lads and can't fault it.