How often to you clean your trowel during a set?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are really thinking of something to live on when you can no longer spread maybe think about a driving job.
Don't be worrying about inventions they don't make money anyway unless you have a whole range and a whole brand

I go back to my bucket to dip my brush anyway so I just keep an empty bag (free) next to it and any big lumps of shite go in there. If its a little fat it gets wiped off with the brush. Don't clean my trowel whilst putting it on as it doesnt get much in the back. If it does just wipe it with a brush or a scraper. You've got to think as silly as it sounds. A brush will do it all. And use it to plaster. A scraper will clean the **** off your trowel. Scrape wallpaper. Clean frames. Scrape snots off the floor. Some people scrim up with one too. Your tool would probably have 1 job and that's it. Itd end up in the lock up next to the speedskim blade runner and hawkholdermate thing within a week.

I'm going to invent a trowel with 3 blades it's like a shaver .so u only have to towel up the one time? Would u buy this marshalltown Mach turbo/ wilkinson sword trowel?

I go back to my bucket to dip my brush anyway so I just keep an empty bag (free) next to it and any big lumps of shite go in there. If its a little fat it gets wiped off with the brush. Don't clean my trowel whilst putting it on as it doesnt get much in the back. If it does just wipe it with a brush or a scraper. You've got to think as silly as it sounds. A brush will do it all. And use it to plaster. A scraper will clean the **** off your trowel. Scrape wallpaper. Clean frames. Scrape snots off the floor. Some people scrim up with one too. Your tool would probably have 1 job and that's it. Itd end up in the lock up next to the speedskim blade runner and hawkholdermate thing within a week.

Agree, no one would buy it if it was a stand alone product.......efficiencies aren't made by adding tools or steps into a system that already works, they're made by reducing, improving them.

Kind of feeling the pressure to cobble something up now....!

If I ever get it finished, you'll see where I'm coming from.

[ QUOTE=Hairybear;780344]Agree, no one would buy it if it was a stand alone product.......efficiencies aren't made by adding tools or steps into a system that already works, they're made by reducing, improving them.

If I ever get it finished, you'll see where I'm coming from.[/QUOTE]
I would take a wild guess and say I will never see one of them made. But good thought though. I'd be impressed if you create something.

I think you would have more of a chance making a trowel case for the nela or other flexible trowels.

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

[ QUOTE=Hairybear;780344]Agree, no one would buy it if it was a stand alone product.......efficiencies aren't made by adding tools or steps into a system that already works, they're made by reducing, improving them.

If I ever get it finished, you'll see where I'm coming from.
I would take a wild guess and say I will never see one of them made. But good thought though. I'd be impressed if you create something.

I think you would have more of a chance making a trowel case for the nela or other flexible trowels.

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum[/QUOTE]

Don't be such a pessimist!

I'm going to invent a trowel with 3 blades it's like a shaver .so u only have to towel up the one time? Would u buy this marshalltown Mach turbo/ wilkinson sword trowel?

Lol I'd buy that, will it vibrate to reduce friction on the wall? also an small trimming blade at the back of the trowel for getting in tight areas without switching trowels would be handy. do it.

how about some kind of trowel caddy? all my trowels float around lose in the van and then when im on the job I hang them all on a gorilla tub (all matching durasoft handles, haha mt fanboy) something designed to carry and protect a few trowels of different sizes.... I'd buy.

Tool box/bags/totes are no good 'cause the handles make them awkward to store and my biggest trowels wont fit in an 18" tote.

2 Bits of vertical lath on the van wall. 1 across them horizontally. Hook your trowels on that. How many trowels do you have out at one time? Mine just lies across my splash bucket

Yeah I hang them on a bit of bungee rope by the back doors, but if i've got stuff stacked up it could fall on 'em also being on a bungee and lose when i go over bumps it sounds like someones throwing a bag of spanners down the stairs.

And I'm a bit sad, I take all my trowels out the van whether i need em or not. so I'll have a mt tuck pointer, margin, midget, 11" carbon, 14" ss, 16" ss, 20" ss, pipe trowel, gauging trowel etc all with matching durasoft handles laid out in alphabetical order on the job like the saddest a*sehole you've ever seen hahaha.

Youre idea for summit to clean the back of yur trowel might work for some one just learning.doing ceilings as does cos blinders.to much build up.cany think of anything easyer than a brush though.

I use a 7inch piece of industrial black floor squeegee cut 3mm slot width of blade and a slot for rivet span to run through, and actually do swipe it like a credit card clean back and front,did not think it worth selling, couldn't police patent but good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.