Gave it my first shot today. Far worse than I hoped but also better than expected. Massive respect to you you guys and I'm excited to learn

Members online

I'm all up for anyone having a go at abit of DIY to save a few quid,but to plaster a full house isn't DIY and I'm afraid these 1 month courses your looking at just ain't gunna cut the mustard,if you are going to be living in the house then I would just save up till you got the money to pay or get a loan and have nice walls and ceilings no stress no buying tools and other s**t either, hope it all goes well anyway if you stick to doing it yourself

I'm all up for anyone having a go at abit of DIY to save a few quid,but to plaster a full house isn't DIY and I'm afraid these 1 month courses your looking at just ain't gunna cut the mustard,if you are going to be living in the house then I would just save up till you got the money to pay or get a loan and have nice walls and ceilings no stress no buying tools and other s**t either, hope it all goes well anyway if you stick to doing it yourself
Not going to even look at ceilings. Probs get someone in to do the main room and master bedroom. Etc. Had to give it a pop.

Best tip I give is less is more try one coat one trowel

0B3098A9-DFEC-4F52-82EC-406FD7B8B6AD.jpeg

Pretty much what the title says.

Just been quoted 7k to get my house done. Figured I can either balls up a wall, book myself onto a week course for a few hundred and save some cash or... Pay one of you to do it and learn the basics whilst at it.

Turns out I'm s**t, who knew? You did. Correct.

Think for the other DIYers here my biggest mistake was over thinking the mix. Spending 10 mins mixing up and being scared of a sloppy top so to speak. Turns out once you get the hand of the trowel/hawk action you can get away with a lot.

Meant my first coat was dragging bytime I'd coated I'd fully layed the wall.

Second coat was a lot better but as we know, it can't fix a messed up first run.

Also don't use 50p end of batch, even if it is only a day out of date.... View attachment 65589
That’s really not bad for a first go!

Do another wall

Pain is weakness leaving the body!!

Do another wall

Cheers. Yeah worse than I was hopping but a lot better than expected. You to do a smaller wall, with better mixed and not out of date plaster...

Biggest thing is to get a platform and not use a stool to get the tops. I kept leaning and rushing which obviously results in a shyte job.

Going to do it again whilst my lerning is fresh in my mind.

Cheers. Yeah worse than I was hopping but a lot better than expected. You to do a smaller wall, with better mixed and not out of date plaster...

Biggest thing is to get a platform and not use a stool to get the tops. I kept leaning and rushing which obviously results in a shyte job.

Going to do it again whilst my lerning is fresh in my mind.

Do another wall

seriously thickslick, jessica is right , your plastering for a first attempt is okay, seen a lot worse,
but get rid of that chair ,thats an accident waiting to happen,
and take your time, tempting i know but keep away from out of date plaster,

Yeah got a bag of 50p shyte left so might just mix it up for practice consitency and trowel handling.

Sad but yeah
seriously thickslick, jessica is right , your plastering for a first attempt is okay, seen a lot worse,
but get rid of that chair ,thats an accident waiting to happen,
and take your time, tempting i know but keep away from out of date plaster,