How often to you clean your trowel during a set?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

Been thinking about what I'm gonna live on when I'm too old to earn my keep. Anyway had an idea this week as I was using multi on a real fiddley job and the back of my trowel got heavier than normal, more often

So, as you do, I used my brush to clean it up.....takes 10 seconds I suppose? But, the bucket is on the floor, I'm on my own with half a hawk full of gear so, I had to put the hawk down on the spot......bla bla, bend into bucket, clean trowel go back and get the hawk. So, in all I suppose it's a bit of a pain, especially I'f you need to do it 4-5 times per set, 10 times a day possibly.

Anyway, as I'm always looking for efficiencies, I've had an idea for a new gadget....effectively it will clean any length, width trowel, without the need to mess about, just like swiping a credit card through a machine.

So, your thoughts please ......would you pay for it? Or do you know if something already exists before I spend a week trying to get on the next dragons den?

If refina can get away with selling a long bucket scoop, I think I'm onto a winner.. :RpS_thumbup:

best invention in recent years are those big yellow buckets, such a simple idea, those ideas are the best, good luck with your project hairybear, but if you are serious about this get down to the patent office soon as poss and get it registered in your name

best invention in recent years are those big yellow buckets, such a simple idea, those ideas are the best, good luck with your project hairybear, but if you are serious about this get down to the patent office soon as poss and get it registered in your name

No patent needed, as of the time and date on my original post, the intellect belongs to me, unless someone somewhere has described the same idea with an intent to develop....in an recorded and public fashion.......

Patents are just a way for patent lawyers etc to make a few quid and for budding designers to loose all their money before they've started.....Facebook was a good example!

So, interested?

listen carefully hairybear, if you are serious about this get some legal advice in writing, and get down to patent office, make sure everything is legally binding, best of luck

Difficult to patent something you haven't designed!!!! Only a concept at the minute, you can't patent an idea! Just looking for people's reaction to the idea, if this forum says it's a flop, no reason going any further.

I remember seeing something about a bucket you stuck your mixer in and it cleaned it, think it was on here. Anyhow best find out how that did see if there is a market for that sort of thing.

I don't think it would take off mate. I don't get much on the back of my trowel and if my other hand has my hand board in it I would turn the trowel upside down and scrape it onto the board. I generally clean trowel after each Coat and the s*p*r*lex gets a little wipe when polishing.

Good luck with it though if you go ahead with it

I wouldn't need it I don't think.
I clean the trowel between coats, when I flatten I take nothing off the surface I just move it about. After that it's the s*p*r*lex and that just needs a wipe now and then to keep the blade wet and by then the brush is always in my hand anyway.
But some people love gimmicks and gadgets so someone would buy it.

Good idea. Think I might try make one of these. Il get it patent first. I know a guy who can patent things

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

Haha just messing. Good idea but you need to go back to the bucket to clean and wet your brush again anyway I think.

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

To be honest pal it's something I have never and probably will never think about!!!! God your life must be fecking boring

If you got something better to do, why don't you feck off and stop boring me with your ****! I didn't ask for your insults, so if you got nothing cival to say, go chase a few buses or something.

Anyway, shall I cross you off the list of potential customers??:)

I just take my cleaning bucket up to the lift I'm on and I clean my trowel after laying it on so I haven't got a hawk full of gear to deal with.

If you've laid on half a wall/ceiling and need to clean the back of your trowel..... then you need to start laying on with front of the trowel ;)

Thanks for comments people, all worthy responses. I'm gonna knock up a little prototype of the kind of thing I have in my head, when I've done it I'll post it on YouTube or something for all to plagiarise......if i ever get round to it that is:RpS_thumbsup:.

If you got something better to do, why don't you feck off and stop boring me with your ****! I didn't ask for your insults, so if you got nothing cival to say, go chase a few buses or something.

Anyway, shall I cross you off the list of potential customers??:)

Get yourself on dragons den son.next year you will be a millionaire,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.