How long have you been on the same job for ??

How long have you been on the same job for ??
Fuk work am enjoying Cadiz

Once the 1st boards on you only need 2 peices of timber to screw onto it then slide next sheet into it.
Alot quicker and easier and its free !!

If you've ever done any amount of house bashing tacking you don't need a lifter whether you're alone or a pair .

In my prime I could board a ceiling quick as a quick thing no problem. Sadly I'm not in my prime now but a lifter means I'm just as quick.

In my prime I could board a ceiling quick as a quick thing no problem. Sadly I'm not in my prime now but a lifter means I'm just as quick.
My price work tacking days are long gone mate ! But happy to use a couple of roofing battens if it means not having to skim builders shitty boarding

We can board all ceilings in a 2 story house and all stud in a day..it takes us roughly about 45seconds to throw a board up and screw it..both of us have a collated gun in the pouch..if u think boarding a ceiling by urself with a board lifter is quicker than 2 guys throwing a board up well f**k me u lot crack on

I'm not disputing fact on using a board lift but any1 thinking its quicker than 2 blokes hasn't got a clue..

Agree kitchy you can't beat 2 blokes boarding but on your own in domestics or when you older and creaky like pug and me etc then for £110 it sounds good.
I use 2.4x900 boards on overboarding.

Agree kitchy you can't beat 2 blokes boarding but on your own in domestics or when you older and creaky like pug and me etc then for £110 it sounds good.
I use 2.4x900 boards on overboarding.
I'm not against that pal I understand if ur on ur own its wats needed its fact squarehead thinks its quicker well ant heard owt as stupid tbh..laurel and hardy lol..

@Kitchy. Probably didn't explain myself very well. Not as quick as 2 blokes going for it, but as quick as I used to be with a couple of deadmen.

I'm not against that pal I understand if ur on ur own its wats needed its fact squarehead thinks its quicker well ant heard owt as stupid tbh..laurel and hardy lol..
Quicker and more accurate. Put it up move it about a bit, shave a bit off. Two men doing it... Ah just bang it up anyway. Two men quicker? Never heard owt so strange.

@Kitchy. Probably didn't explain myself very well. Not as quick as 2 blokes going for it, but as quick as I used to be with a couple of deadmen.
Its only squarehead I'm questioning he's the only 1 that has said using a board lift is quicker than 2 men..

U reckon he's winding me up lads!? Got to be surely its that laughable..nxt he will be saying skimming off a crate is quicker Than using stilts

Reactions: s61
U reckon he's winding me up lads!? Got to be surely its that laughable..nxt he will be saying skimming off a crate is quicker Than using stilts
I must be shite.... Well that's a really informed statement, well done. OK forget the speed thing for a minute, but one man on boards and one doing something else has to be more efficient. With the lifter I pick the board up and flip it onto the arms in one movement, 5 or 6 turns of the wheel and bang it's up there. I do mainly overboards where joists can be a bit haphazard(Victorian etc), but even on new builds of which I've done many and coped thank you very much, it still means one on the ceilings another doing something else.... That has to be quicker overall, surely?

I must be shite.... Well that's a really informed statement, well done. OK forget the speed thing for a minute, but one man on boards and one doing something else has to be more efficient. With the lifter I pick the board up and flip it onto the arms in one movement, 5 or 6 turns of the wheel and bang it's up there. I do mainly overboards where joists can be a bit haphazard(Victorian etc), but even on new builds of which I've done many and coped thank you very much, it still means one on the ceilings another doing something else.... That has to be quicker overall, surely?
If u think its quicker fair enough it isn't but fair enough..we do all dry work in house then we both take a floor each dotting meeting on staircase..thats efficient..not 1 man f**k**g about with a lift all day whilst another man is waiting for a man to board a ceiling so he can start dotting walls

If u think its quicker fair enough it isn't but fair enough..we do all dry work in house then we both take a floor each dotting meeting on staircase..thats efficient..not 1 man f**k**g about with a lift all day whilst another man is waiting for a man to board a ceiling so he can start dotting walls
Get two boardlifters then. One each, I'm serious, you could rip through it then. Try it.

One men with a board lifter is faster than two men without one who the f**k is this other bloke and where did he come from

On site oop north do the spreads do the tacking and sticking aswell
Ye we will either board and skim a full house or just board 1 and get sumbody to skim pending wat we've got on etc..very rare we will let somebody board a house for us then we skim it as id rather board

I think these northerners are scared of the dark....or get told what to do by there other halves.....never on site past 2 !!

Fcking hell we've gone into rate territory now!! £4m2 skimming we are getting 2mz :)
Well I say we I'm on my own 2mz

I've never know plasterers use them if I'm honest mate only builders fuc*ing about with them.seems more time moving the thing and if your two half decent lads or even a spread with a labourer just holding board and not screwing it's stick quicker!no brainer!

2.50 is okay up there

To be honest some areas say in blackpool there giving away houses....lytham a mile down the road ...for some reason they throw another hundred grand on a house utter madness ....i do ok on £2.50.
I know plenty lads down south who are getting 2 fiddy mate.