Home made trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi46

Private Member
Found a strip of sheet steel in a builders merchants a couple of weeks ago. 1 metre X 120mm by 0.5mm. When I saw it I instantly thought I could make something of it. I like fabricating things and pissin about.

Got a couple of worn out MT's that I don't throw away and keep them in a box in the lock up. Took a 14" out and cut it down with a steel cutter on an angle grinder to the same size of the tang base on a REFINA s*p*r*lex.
I cut the sheet steel down so the margin was the same all around the trowel base.
Buzzed the face of the trowel handle part, buzzed the face of the sheet steel then mixed some super strong resin and stuck them together. Bit of pressure for 4 minutes until it bonded. Buzzed the edges down to round them off a bit and I 've got myself what I'd describe as a Mediflex!!

I kid you not it's absolutely mint! Trowels lovely! It cost me all of about £6!
I'll be using the rest of the sheet to make an 18"er at absolutely no extra cost :D

Last edited:
Found a strip of sheet steel in a builders merchants a couple of weeks ago. 1 metre X 120mm by 0.5mm. When I saw it I instantly thought I could make something of it. I like fabricating things and pissin about.

Got a couple of worn out MT's that I don't throw away and keep them in a box in the lock up. Took a 14" out and cut it down with a steel cutter on an angle grinder to the same size of the tang base on a REFINA s*p*r*lex.
I cut the sheet steel down so the margin was the same all around the trowel base.
Buzzed the face of the trowel handle part, buzzed the face off the sheet steel then mixed some super strong resin and stuck them together. Bit of pressure for 4 minutes until it bonded. Buzzed the edges down to round them off a bit and I 've got myself what I'd describe as a Mediflex!!

I'll be using the rest of the sheet to make an 18"er at absolutely no extra cost :D
Started me thinking now

Buzzed the face of the trowel handle part, buzzed the face off the sheet steel then mixed some super strong resin and stuck them together. Bit of pressure for 4 minutes until it bonded. Buzzed the edges down to round them off a bit and I 've got myself what I'd describe as a Mediflex!!

Haha ya pikey ....soon you be hitching a lift to work.

Your right though ive been racking my brains how to fire it on quicker without paying stupid £££££ to machine it on.

I got a 20 inch somewhere I couldn't find just now but any of these any good ...soaking them right now
image.jpg

You can sort of tailor make the trowel though depending what you want even with the same gauge steel. Just cut the tang section width down to suit. Wider for a stiffer trowel or narrow for a flexi. In between for a medi.

Haha have you got them in the bath now?!
Yes just got them out I got so many trowels it's stupid these I just got out me garage had a clean up in there over Christmas so just popped them in bath..I working away on Saturday so will post which ever you want on Friday

Yes just got them out I got so many trowels it's stupid these I just got out me garage had a clean up in there over Christmas so just popped them in bath..I working away on Saturday so will post which ever you want on Friday

Send me your PayPal details or Bank details and I'll fix you up with postage and a bit extra for your trouble (y)
Your a good'n mate cheers!

Played around the other day with a plaziflex and a 1200 speed skim, cut the speed skim in half, removed the back of the speed skim and stuck to the plaziflex , only because I found the large plaziflex to flexable , rounded the corners off and hey presto I give you the PLAZISKIM.....bit heavy but flatterns fine.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Played around the other day with a plaziflex and a 1200 speed skim, cut the speed skim in half, removed the back of the speed skim and stuck to the plaziflex , only because I found the large plaziflex to flexable , rounded the corners off and hey presto I give you the PLAZISKIM.....bit heavy but flatterns fine.

View attachment 9153 View attachment 9154
I had one of them big plazzi's with the foam and they do warp and bend. Good fix mate I like it.

View attachment 9153 View attachment 9154
I had one of them big plazzi's with the foam and they do warp and bend. Good fix mate I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.