Help needed please - advice on quality of work

That’s disgusting. Here’s what you could’ve won.
Tony, I can’t see the different between my photos and yours... :ROFLMAO: Thanks, it’s a great help to be able to show the company what a proper job should look like.

Thanks to everyone for your comments so far you’ve been such a help, keep them coming, the more professional opinions backing up my concerns the better. I’ll give an update tomorrow after they visit again.

Tony, I can’t see the different between my photos and yours... :ROFLMAO: Thanks, it’s a great help to be able to show the company what a proper job should look like.

Thanks to everyone for your comments so far you’ve been such a help, keep them coming, the more professional opinions backing up my concerns the better. I’ll give an update tomorrow after they visit again.
Just don’t be bullied and stick to ur guns , like everyone has stated ,it’s really shocking work., it needs to be taken off and started again ! Good luck

That is the worst !
Not exactable in any way their is nothing right with any of it. it period !
It’s that far wrong it will need putting in skip
So I would tell the yeti who’s running job sort it out or you will send him invoice for a real pro to do the job

Your welcome

The’re a bunch of cowboys and don’t take any s**t off them.As was said earlier invite them on here.

This wasn't carried out by Corona Plastering Contractors was it? They have been doing alot of shoddy work recently.

To be honest a lot of boarding work done by builders that have been posted on here by some of you lot has been as bad or worse.
You were still happy to take them on and skim.
Bag of bonding, a rasp and a tin of foam would soon get that ready.

That is the worst !
Not exactable in any way their is nothing right with any of it. it period !
It’s that far wrong it will need putting in skip
So I would tell the yeti who’s running job sort it out or you will send him invoice for a real pro to do the job

Your welcome
You’re welcome sounds so patronising! Do ya say that too you’re mrs just after you shoot your load?

To be honest a lot of boarding work done by builders that have been posted on here by some of you lot has been as bad or worse.
You were still happy to take them on and skim.
Bag of bonding, a rasp and a tin of foam would soon get that ready.
Thats not the point if shes paying gokd money and their sending a joey in to fill all gaps with foam. Dont get me wrong enty of times i.ve used foam when doing insulation boards but thats rougj

Thats not the point if shes paying gokd money and their sending a joey in to fill all gaps with foam. Dont get me wrong enty of times i.ve used foam when doing insulation boards but thats rougj
None of us look pretty on the inside, most on here should be able to salvage that instead of slagging it off like you are all mastercraftsmen.
Sounds like a customer who is after a discount already.

How much discount are you not looking for?
How is this in any way relevant to my seeking advice about whether the quality of work is acceptable? Seems to me like you’re just trolling.
If you’re saying you think the quality of work is perfectly acceptable then I thank you for your professional opinion, and I’m assuming you’d be willing to share your trading name to openly admit your own work is of the same standard..... No? Ok then (y)

How is this in any way relevant to my seeking advice about whether the quality of work is acceptable? Seems to me like you’re just trolling.
If you’re saying you think the quality of work is perfectly acceptable then I thank you for your professional opinion, and I’m assuming you’d be willing to share your trading name to openly admit your own work is of the same standard..... No? Ok then (y)
Haha brilliant . Winde ye neck in tapit.

@essexandy
@Cockney1

Don’t listen to him, an attention seeker of the highest order.

None of us look pretty on the inside, most on here should be able to salvage that instead of slagging it off like you are all mastercraftsmen.
Sounds like a customer who is after a discount already.

You speak for yourself

At most their is 2/3 lads on the forum that are real pros
Rest are a chancers

Your welcome

K
You are not even in the game mate, what do you do for a living?

The company has agreed to send one of their other plastering contractors as I have refused to let the original one back in my house, however the project manager is currently refusing my request to have all the previous work taken down and started again. I've not heard back from him since I sent him the images above, so maybe he'll have changed his mind before tomorrow's visit.
Who is the project manager working for?

Ignore him, there’s holes in everything about @tapit

Works terrible. Some people have no sense of pride or shame. If I lost my mind and did that in someone’s house I’d be hiding under my bed to avoid showing my face!

Don’t let yourself be bullied Paula! You have photo evidence. Can always get the old ombudsman involved if needs be

Hello

I’m having some work done to fit insulated plasterboard and plaster on the ceiling of a room at my home. I was hoping some people with more experience than me would be able to advise if the quality of work done so far is deemed to be acceptable.

I’m not a professional plasterer, and I accept that the plasterboard is going to look a bit ropey until the plaster is added, but to my untrained eye it looks like a bad job so far. Based on the images below can anyone give me their honest opinion if I’m being overly fussy and expecting too much at this stage and it will all be resolved when the plaster is added, or if I should insist the plasterer rectify the issues before applying the plaster?

I’m being strongly pressured into accepting the work done so far is normal standard so I just wanted to get some advice before they come back tomorrow.

1 – Is it acceptable to have a 45mm gap between boards and then fill with expanding foam or tape over it?

View attachment 45829

2 – boxing in a support beam. Will the addition of the plaster get the first image looking like the second?
View attachment 45830View attachment 45831

3 – Should there be screws into the edges of each plasterboard into the wooden slats below? This seems like a long distance of unsupported plasterboard without fixings, would this increase the risk of plaster cracking later?
View attachment 45832

4 – Is this an acceptable gap and angle difference between the two pieces of plasterboard?
View attachment 45835View attachment 45836

5 – These boards are at an edge between two different pitched sections of the roof, do they need to be one continuous straight line to get a good final finish?
View attachment 45839

6 – Is it normal for a board to be 6mm overflush to its adjacent board?
View attachment 45840

Thank you for your help.

Paula

s**t job.

That being said I've made worse right.

It's all solvable

But do it right. Stick to your guns and make them do it properly

Otherwise the plasterer might say - I'll do my best love - and then when he makes an arse of it, he'll blame the guy who boarded it and run off.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Someone turned up today to deliver some more insulated plasterboard but wasn’t able to review the issues with me as he wasn’t a plasterer. The company director has instructed the project manager to remove all ‘effected’ boards but now we need to agree which ones these are. I’ll have to do this with the new plasterer when he arrives on Friday.

I don’t think the extra boards are enough to cover replacement of the bad ones and finish the job, the project manager is convinced they are despite him never having visited or seen the job done so far, which suggests to me he has no intention of replacing the bad one just ‘adjusting them’. So could be in for a painful morning Friday:tonto:

One extra question, if an area has been boarded that could be done with one board but they’ve used three separate off cuts instead, is this normal practice to maximise material usage or is it cutting corners and just increasing the risk of cracks in the plaster at a later date?