Help needed please - advice on quality of work

Paula123

Hello

I’m having some work done to fit insulated plasterboard and plaster on the ceiling of a room at my home. I was hoping some people with more experience than me would be able to advise if the quality of work done so far is deemed to be acceptable.

I’m not a professional plasterer, and I accept that the plasterboard is going to look a bit ropey until the plaster is added, but to my untrained eye it looks like a bad job so far. Based on the images below can anyone give me their honest opinion if I’m being overly fussy and expecting too much at this stage and it will all be resolved when the plaster is added, or if I should insist the plasterer rectify the issues before applying the plaster?

I’m being strongly pressured into accepting the work done so far is normal standard so I just wanted to get some advice before they come back tomorrow.

1 – Is it acceptable to have a 45mm gap between boards and then fill with expanding foam or tape over it?

Image 1.jpg

2 – boxing in a support beam. Will the addition of the plaster get the first image looking like the second?
Image 2a.jpg
Image 2b.jpg

3 – Should there be screws into the edges of each plasterboard into the wooden slats below? This seems like a long distance of unsupported plasterboard without fixings, would this increase the risk of plaster cracking later?
Image 3.jpg

4 – Is this an acceptable gap and angle difference between the two pieces of plasterboard?
Image 4a.jpg
Image 4b.jpg

5 – These boards are at an edge between two different pitched sections of the roof, do they need to be one continuous straight line to get a good final finish?
Image 5.jpg

6 – Is it normal for a board to be 6mm overflush to its adjacent board?
Image 6.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Paula

Hello

I’m having some work done to fit insulated plasterboard and plaster on the ceiling of a room at my home. I was hoping some people with more experience than me would be able to advise if the quality of work done so far is deemed to be acceptable.

I’m not a professional plasterer, and I accept that the plasterboard is going to look a bit ropey until the plaster is added, but to my untrained eye it looks like a bad job so far. Based on the images below can anyone give me their honest opinion if I’m being overly fussy and expecting too much at this stage and it will all be resolved when the plaster is added, or if I should insist the plasterer rectify the issues before applying the plaster?

I’m being strongly pressured into accepting the work done so far is normal standard so I just wanted to get some advice before they come back tomorrow.

1 – Is it acceptable to have a 45mm gap between boards and then fill with expanding foam or tape over it?

View attachment 45829

2 – boxing in a support beam. Will the addition of the plaster get the first image looking like the second?
View attachment 45830View attachment 45831

3 – Should there be screws into the edges of each plasterboard into the wooden slats below? This seems like a long distance of unsupported plasterboard without fixings, would this increase the risk of plaster cracking later?
View attachment 45832

4 – Is this an acceptable gap and angle difference between the two pieces of plasterboard?
View attachment 45835View attachment 45836

5 – These boards are at an edge between two different pitched sections of the roof, do they need to be one continuous straight line to get a good final finish?
View attachment 45839

6 – Is it normal for a board to be 6mm overflush to its adjacent board?
View attachment 45840

Thank you for your help.

Paula
I think you know what the answer is Paula, that’s rough as fk.

I think you know what the answer is Paula, that’s rough as fk.
That's what I thought Stuart, but the pressure I'm getting from the company responsible for it to accept it is an uncomfortable situation to say the least, so having some people confirm I'm not completely mental will help me fight back :)

Invite the company on here
I want to give them one more chance to agree to rectify their work based on the advice I've received here before I name and shame them, but if they don't I'll gladly invite them onto the discussion.
Why 7/8pm on Friday?

At least dick Turpin wore a mask that is horrendous boarding I wouldn’t have them back in my house
The company has agreed to send one of their other plastering contractors as I have refused to let the original one back in my house, however the project manager is currently refusing my request to have all the previous work taken down and started again. I've not heard back from him since I sent him the images above, so maybe he'll have changed his mind before tomorrow's visit.

I want to give them one more chance to agree to rectify their work based on the advice I've received here before I name and shame them, but if they don't I'll gladly invite them onto the discussion.
Why 7/8pm on Friday?
Most of us on around that time so best time to get us.