Hardwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're rendering everyone seems to leave you alone, but then I suppose there's a lot more gangs when you're doing internall work

we spray hardwall with the m300 and it works well. As you stated it is harder when ruling and you cant stop. We decided to apply by hand the other day as we couldn`t be bothered to get the pump out and did i regret it, just seems so slow now. I normally start by giving the blocks a slight mist of water then spray at around 1000-1100. If for some reason we have to stop we dont let the hardwall sit in the pipe for no longer than 4-5 mins. Cleaning seems no worse than any other material. Rubbing up takes longer as it seems to tear more, nowt a brush and water cant sort though

we spray hardwall with the m300 and it works well. As you stated it is harder when ruling and you cant stop. We decided to apply by hand the other day as we couldn`t be bothered to get the pump out and did i regret it, just seems so slow now. I normally start by giving the blocks a slight mist of water then spray at around 1000-1100. If for some reason we have to stop we dont let the hardwall sit in the pipe for no longer than 4-5 mins. Cleaning seems no worse than any other material. Rubbing up takes longer as it seems to tear more, nowt a brush and water cant sort though
We use to have the problem with tearing but we seem to solv it by hiting it with the float as early as possible it's awesome spraying though when thers a gang at side of you pulling ther stones out to get 20 bags on by hand n u have Managed Cain at pallet on for 10 o click on gud areas

How much is Hardwall these days? what is the coverage per bag? Just curious as I stopped plastering years ago but have mixed in my youth many, many tons of Browning in a tin bath. 50kg bag and 4 buckets of water, initial mix with a shovel and then rake.

I doubt you could get a lab to knock that up now. I always put a screeds on and if they was not stiffening up straight away I would screed the next wall then turn back to the first wall.

Do you put screeds on? I would think you could screed 2or 3 walls before filling in.

is solid plastering making a come back? Might put the skimmers out of work.

How much is Hardwall these days? what is the coverage per bag? Just curious as I stopped plastering years ago but have mixed in my youth many, many tons of Browning in a tin bath. 50kg bag and 4 buckets of water, initial mix with a shovel and then rake.

I doubt you could get a lab to knock that up now. I always put a screeds on and if they was not stiffening up straight away I would screed the next wall then turn back to the first wall.

Do you put screeds on? I would think you could screed 2or 3 walls before filling in.

is solid plastering making a come back? Might put the skimmers out of work.

My local merchants want nearly a tenner plus for it so i still use browning if i have to, or s@c depending on area to be done cos the mats work out cheaper and it's more durable think it's about 4 or 5 sq m per bag for hardwall but not sure cos it's a good while since i used it.

4-5m2 a bag is good. As I remember I got 5 m2 out of a 50kg bag of browning at 10 mm thick. Wonder how that compares to say CPI or OCR?

My local merchants want nearly a tenner plus for it so i still use browning if i have to, or s@c depending on area to be done cos the mats work out cheaper and it's more durable think it's about 4 or 5 sq m per bag for hardwall but not sure cos it's a good while since i used it.

I pay 7 @ Jewsons. Coverage around 3m2 if I remember right.although always end up dubbing out linings which uses more kit.

Yeah 3 m per bag £7 . No Am afraid I dnt set screeds am a rough tw@t I was showed how to when I started. Used profile beads in Germany they did that in all the bathrooms n tiled areas set every 1200 I think

whatever happined to the good old days were u had a 2in1 squad using hawks,trowels,darbys and feather edges! thats skill in plastering! i thimk we should try keep things as they were or alot of real plasterers will get put out of biz!

I have to agree with u. My tv is still in black and white and I mix with a stick.

A lot of spreads I know use screeds it's the best way to get a wall flat, i usually get 2.5m linings seem to get thicker and thicker and sparks with their capping

I always used screeds as in my youth I had a keen foreman who used to check my work with a straight edge. Did try the derby only once but that bar steward still haunted me so went back to the edge.

I had a couple of subbies once and they derby-ed only. Fastest spreads I ever had, 2 days work done by one pm and didn't look like they was struggling. I always checked their work and always bang flat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.