hanging tools up

well after 31 years and 2 operations on my arms i,m hanging the tools up,i,ve been offered a job as a sparks mate , not sure if i,m wise but gonna give it a go. sick to the teeth of working like fukc for £400 a week
How old are you ?

will hang onto the tools just in case,to be honest i enjoy plastering but its too hard a job for that sort of money

£400 a week? That's terrible money mate I.dont blame you for downing tools.

We pay our labour that.

That's only 100 a day? That's criminal the bare min to take home has got to be 500 after tax surely? I had a week of it last week man flu s**t jobs almost caved in and gave it all up but a big cry in van a cream cake and the Mrs telling me to grow up snapped me out of it,today is a new week and feeling positive about what's booked in plus football season starts this weekend so can have a bet go to a few games plus don't have to talk to her all weekend now life is great at the min,will report back at 3pm though

Where abouts in the country are you @thescudd? Plasterer turned sparks? "Turned to the dark side you have" (yoda voice)

When I jack it in I think I'd like to be a postman or taxi driver (perhaps one of those sleazy taxi drivers that will accept other forms of payment) decorating is easy aswell

I feel in a good mood today got that positive vibe we get when all is good easy days work and feel fresh won't last long I just know it but will embrace the happiness

At least working as a sparks mate, you can smash holes everywhere, when the customer points them out to you, you can shrug and say, ahhh don't worry, the plasterer will catch them.:LOL:

its 500 a week less tax, i work for a subby and i have to say he is fair enough only its a grueling slog every day, i leave the house at 6.15 and its near 6 in the evening when i get home.
i,m in n.ireland,if any of you gents have any offers of work i could be persuaded out of retirement ;)
some lads over here working for alot less.

its 500 a week less tax, i work for a subby and i have to say he is fair enough only its a grueling slog every day, i leave the house at 6.15 and its near 6 in the evening when i get home.
i,m in n.ireland,if any of you gents have any offers of work i could be persuaded out of retirement ;)
do you still get all the donegal lot coming in

What part of Ireland u in

Think he's adding his travel in..
Dont get me wrong the rates poo but if I was backed into a corner id work for that...i like to think a nice rate (in my area) is 750 but id drop my pants if that was the best I could do.