Hall & stairs

Members online

Donzo

Recently noticed how much a lot of people hate doing them. Some over price for their own reasons.
I have done quite a few recently,finishing one today.
This one im doing im saying to myself,this is the last time i do this kind. Up extension ladders,twisting,hanging ,people coming out from rooms,saying to yourself f**k off. Height issues,working on your own,dangerous .

Never overpriced one,but that ends from today. This is for younger lads,girls.

What do yous hate the most about them.

Recently noticed how much a lot of people hate doing them. Some over price for their own reasons.
This one im doing im saying to myself,this is the last time i do this kind. Up extension ladders,twisting,hanging ,people coming out from rooms,saying to yourself f**k off. Height issues,working on your own,dangerous .

Everything

Everything you said and more , sheeting up is a pain , I once worked with a plasterer who had the handle break on a full bucket of plaster going up the stairs he was working in a room upstairs and for whatever reason mixed up outside lol , he told me he was only on the job for half an hour when disaster struck, it has stayed with me over the years and I always lift from the bottom buckets of sludge

Nowhere to knock up.
Going around all the doors, pissy little bits down the sides of architrave. Lol
I done 2 on the trot just lately , my legs were mullered mate all that up and down the stairs. Always price them higher I say!

Should really have a tower in the stairwells,the one im doing guy keeps coming out to look.he tripped on tarp yesterday,said to myself i said dont come out unless essential. They dont listen.

I finished one yesterday as well.for a old couple tbf they were. Good .but you have to allow a lot longer to do the job. I've never had so many small bits to do. And to make things worse it was all pine doors and skirtings,arcs, ect , that hadn't been done proply, all rough . You wipe the sponge over something , you've got pink stains. And he gave me a kite.

walking up and down stairs is simply hard work lol

I finished one for my son recently. He built a light shaft to the roof 700mm square so effectively you were working in a tube. The scaffolding consisted of caber flooring screwed to CLS timbers sitting on the landing rails and a ladder the other end. On top of that was a telescopic ladder taking me skywards. Once you were in the 'capsule', there was no room to swing a trowel and roasting hot. Shitting myself and sweating buckets in equal measures. Unpaid of course, the things we do for family. All at nearly sixty.

I finished one yesterday as well.for a old couple tbf they were. Good .but you have to allow a lot longer to do the job. I've never had so many small bits to do. And to make things worse it was all pine doors and skirtings,arcs, ect , that hadn't been done proply, all rough . You wipe the sponge over something , you've got pink stains. And he gave me a kite.
Untreated pine no varnish or stain,plaster hits it and it needs sanded to get blemish out.i take no responsibility when I see pine unless customer covers it.just dropped a bit stretching from 3mtrs up.f**k**g crime scene.

Untreated pine no varnish or stain,plaster hits it and it needs sanded to get blemish out.i take no responsibility when I see pine unless customer covers it.just dropped a bit stretching from 3mtrs up.f**k**g crime scene.
1596790892871.gif

I won't do them, don't see the point in wasting time pricing them up even if I put a high price in to try not to get it.
There's nothing worse than setting up your custom scaffold (death trap) for the customer to want to use the bathroom etc.

I always protect the doors :numberone:

I get the Henry hoover out,nearly everyday,that stair one is cleaner after i finished.
It was stinky,,,I would be embarrassed to get someone in that state. Both had good jobs,dont get it,,,,covid gave me a good excuse to refuse coffee.

I priced one up on Monday the whole lot covered in artex basically the whole lot is a zombie mix job including the landing ceiling quoted £1600,thank f**k I never got it house was abit grimy but some clown has quoted her £500 I don't know how they survive

My mate a decorater, said he had to Hoover dog hair off a staircase, before he started or he would have had to bin his sheets . Wot u have to do to make a quid.
That was part of the mankyness. Funking dog hair in all the nook and cranys,,,,it smelled like wet dog. I need to overprice them now.

I priced one up on Monday the whole lot covered in artex basically the whole lot is a zombie mix job including the landing ceiling quoted £1600,thank f**k I never got it house was abit grimy but some clown has quoted her £500 I don't know how they survive
By doing a very s**t job, getting out getting paid and not answering their phone I'm guessing

True they are the pits mate but as long as my mind is envogue I feel ok like can do anything I’m on a really tight Victorian one atm but water is easy access as a bonus from bathroom
64BB3F5A-BEAB-4A3D-B9E0-4D7D86BA5C68.jpeg

Everything you said and more , sheeting up is a pain , I once worked with a plasterer who had the handle break on a full bucket of plaster going up the stairs he was working in a room upstairs
Had a bucket of concrete do that on me this week, was hand mixing outside and taking 2 buckets a time thru new wood floors etc. Luckily it gave while I was still outside and landed ok. I've just seen today the big spray up their fancy garage doors - Super quick wipedown! My miussus gets upset at the state of my hankies!!