Half days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on youtube I now know how to take radiators off, think from now on I just take the rads off £120, go home and let the tiler do the chases and plastering while he is tiling.

Can't beat um,join um
Robbers
A handyman told me once, if you don't know it YouTube it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just finished half day job. Charged £120 instead of the usual 100, got a snide remark about it being a bit expensive. Was replacing two tape and joint corners and blending into the walls perfectly. And over doors. Bit my tongue telling him he could've had a right cxnt come in and leave him with a step finish, walked before I gave him a mouthful.

Unless your holding a gun to their head nobody is forced to accept your price. If someone is happy to earn half a days money for half a days work then fair play to them. Personally i always charge a full day because i'd rather have a full day at home with the family than spend half a day at work for half my money. If i get the job its worth going to do it. Im by no means wealthy but i value more in life than the pound.

In the past theres been times i'd have probably been grateful to get half a day in. I don't do mates rates anymore either because thats another waste of time

Ive never done mates rates, even me mum pays me the going rate ( lower end of the scale mind), I dont mind doing the odd favour but if its my week work time, ever day I do on the cheap I may as well just give them the wedge to pay someone else to do it whilst still working! I had a wealthy 'mate' of mine try to get me to do work on the cheap and thought she was doing me a favour giving me the work, whilst owning £1.5million worth of property, paying for a huge two story extention and telling me she cant afford much as 'shes on a budget', well how about f**k off, I dont even own me own house you tight t**t, and a real mate would always pay what the jobs worth! Infuriates me!!

Charging your mum is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I re built her bathroom last year, took two weeks, you think I can afford to lose £1500 in wages? She earns more than me, and is a fair person, a day here n there is fine but not a full job! She wouldn't let me do is for cheap or free even if I tried! Shes my mum n I thank her for that but I have bills to pay and a life of my own!

So I re built her bathroom last year, took two weeks, you think I can afford to lose £1500 in wages? She earns more than me, and is a fair person, a day here n there is fine but not a full job! She wouldn't let me do is for cheap or free even if I tried! Shes my mum n I thank her for that but I have bills to pay and a life of my own!

Awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather work for free for 2 weeks for my mam to thank her for all that she does/done for me and my young family than 2 weeks working for paying nobeds...

But I get your sentiment pal...

I'll remember that next time she asks, hopefully she'll ask for a £40,000 extension and as shes my mum Im forever in debt to her so best do it for free!!

At the end of ze day if you need it or don't or how s**t it is you're going to price it accordingly unless you're a f**k**g idiot going on the internet asking people about how to run you're life

as it has been said before its 10% materials and 90% knowledge... they dont know how to do it thats why they pay you....

And if there old you hit the c**ts right in the teeth with the price tell them you need the toilet go straight upstairs to the good stuff while you're mate tying them up then tell them to give you everything or you're going to cut the wife's head off and then you can torture the husband if you're really that sick........

Is that what you'd say to a burglar if you came home and found you're mums head cut off and dad covered in nipple clamps wearing a nappy?

Is that what you'd say to a burglar if you came home and found you're mums head cut off and dad covered in nipple clamps wearing a nappy?

Great... im laughing away, the mrs wanted to know what im laughing at and now the she thinks im a wierdo :)

And I was asked if I was making things up,glad it ain't just me that knows and sees these things happen
a plumber who i know came to my house cause of an overflowing hot water tank, he did a quick fix for free but wanted £90 to do a proper job.

i did it myself in 20 mins and the part was £3

I rather sit at home and not earn my money... I am not a charity... I will do charity work but in the end business is business and if everybody stuck to their guns the prices would rise... its better for everyone :D
well said danny

i hate cunts who price jobs at half days,we don't get holiday pay or anything like that,in fact a holiday costs us double money to p.a.y.e wankers.

A lot of my work is skimming bathroom ceilings. Usually around 5m. Got 4 bathroom fitters who all give me 2 jobs a month. Empty rooms. In and out in 3 hrs. Regular work. Always charge a oner.

Do a lot of bathroom ceilings myself for a couple of fitters always a job on the way home normally Mondays after they've ripped out.

Normally no more than a couple of hours for a oner. Always take dirty water.

But if they wanted me for say Tuesday mornings then it would be a couple of hundred, because it's not a job on the way home no more.

I can understand that. If it's for a punter then I charge a day but as most of them are trade and regulars I charge accordingly. Also, not bragging, but I'm not hungry for cash. I've got no debts, I'm semi retired and I'm an old hippy!

I can understand that. If it's for a punter then I charge a day but as most of them are trade and regulars I charge accordingly. Also, not bragging, but I'm not hungry for cash. I've got no debts, I'm semi retired and I'm an old hippy!

It's just like me knowing I'm going to do a bathroom ceiling Monday afternoon so do I only charge the Monday morning customer a oner? As I'm going to earn a oner from ceiling. Nope!

Monday customer pays full, ceiling on way home is bonus ...

It's just like me knowing I'm going to do a bathroom ceiling Monday afternoon so do I only charge the Monday morning customer a oner? As I'm going to earn a oner from ceiling. Nope!

Monday customer pays full, ceiling on way home is bonus ...

I couldnt live with myself doing a bathroom ceiling in the evening.

To be honest id kill myself

In a very slow way...maybe id skim a bathrooom ceiling in the evening

I admit I was wrong...quoted yesterday for a half day job ,which I don't think I can fit in diary so took all advise on this thread quoted full day he said yes when can I do it..

Changed me pricing policy now
Thanks

Admit sometimes I am wrong

Unless it's something Flynnyman is on about
Stop f**k**g apologising you boring c**t.

Earn a oner in the morning. Home in time to watch homes under the hammer, afternoon nap and pick youngest up from school. Easy f**k**g life for me thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.