edinburgh woolen mills, debs, arcadia group

Members online

hector

let nobody be in any doubt now that this is a full blown recession, and will be the worst ever,
thousands of people to lose there jobs
thousands of people cutting back on spending
thousands of people will not be going ahead with that extension next year/home improvements and so on
never mind the people who have already lost there jobs
and this is just the start
batten down the hatches everybody,

let nobody be in any doubt now that this is a full blown recession, and will be the worst ever,
thousands of people will not be going ahead with that extension next year/home improvements and so on

Ffs....your misses must live living with you!!!!

Nothing to do with generations shopping on line now then and not the high street, or Edinburgh wool being laden with debt. Rising commercial rents etc. You look at spending on line this Christmas it won’t have dropped from last year.
Most people’s jobs are secure, record low interest rates etc
The vaccines are the game changer next year, as it gives stability and confidence which any business likes as it can invest.

Nothing to do with generations shopping on line now then and not the high street, or Edinburgh wool being laden with debt. Rising commercial rents etc. You look at spending on line this Christmas it won’t have dropped from last year.
Most people’s jobs are secure, record low interest rates etc
The vaccines are the game changer next year, as it gives stability and confidence which any business likes as it can invest.
sincerely hope you are right

@hector we are in for a boom over the next 10 years...as soon as people are released from these shackles you won't have ever seen spending like it...sharpen your trowel and get ready to earn some serious wedge.

PS the stores your mention were long gone years ago. Name a viable business that has gone in the last year?

The high Street was gone years ago. Nothing to do with covid, business rates are stupidly high. They kill shops and pubs thats why every Street is full of charity shops, they pay a fraction of proper business rates but council's and mp's can't see it. Rant over lol!

That I’ve said is correct look it up. Thousands of jobs going is a travesty, but I think covid on top of all that finished them off.
what you said was correct owls, the high street was going down before covid, thanks to technology, but what covid did was to speed there downfall much quicker

@hector we are in for a boom over the next 10 years...as soon as people are released from these shackles you won't have ever seen spending like it...sharpen your trowel and get ready to earn some serious wedge.

PS the stores your mention were long gone years ago. Name a viable business that has gone in the last year?
hope you are right freed, but i just can not see it

what you said was correct owls, the high street was going down before covid, thanks to technology, but what covid did was to speed there downfall much quicker
Ye but you didn't say that on your opening post.arcadia group has been shagged since pension scandal.do you not see with your own eyes that buisness leaders have got the perfect storm of a excuse,nothing to do with profits or covid.its called culling

My wife works at the American golf head office. Their Black Friday sales have nearly tripled on last year. @hector doom and gloom

Stuff them shops - look at these clothes that just popped up on an ad on this thread
D75E6096-2CEF-4D4A-8AFA-64BE3C295982.jpeg

Ye but you didn't say that on your opening post.arcadia group has been shagged since pension scandal.do you not see with your own eyes that buisness leaders have got the perfect storm of a excuse,nothing to do with profits or covid.its called culling
although they will not admit it publically, chairmen and chief executives of companies, will be pleased that this virus gives them a chance to have people working from home so saving them the costs of operating offices, rent/electric/rates etc, they will be monitoring the progress, can it all work without an office, and because it is working,inevitabally there will be jobs lost, and the unions can not do anything as the chairmen will point to this virus , and as you quite rightly say kinky, it is a perfect storm of an excuse, technology and the internet are here to stay, different world now,

I am turning away work, booking into next year now need to find time to launch beadtape.
The companies going bump will be replaced by new as always.
HS2, ELECTRIC VEHICLES, BEADTAPE opportunity knocks.
knock knock flirting GIF by jjjjjohn

Sad but true technology and the virus will cause a reset of how we live. I do like to try on clothes tho and I do like a wa der around the shops...i would buy less clothes online but I'm.prob in the minority...tools etc are always cheaper online

Evolution. Move with the times or go under. Simple as that. I have had a few customers mentioned there having this work done purely in the savings made from fuel cost since working at home and also having to look at how bad the house is now there inside it so much. So we have to be grateful for Small mercies.