good times have gone

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

my accountant tells me that he has approx 400 clients on his books ,covering all professions florist,mechanic,building trades, shops etc etc.he is always busy because whether people have a good year or a bad year accounts still need to be done. but one thing he has noticed more and more this last few years is regardless what buisness people have everybodys turnover is down and in a lot of cases quite significantly, now just pause and think about this, if one accountant in carlisle who has 400 clients with there turnover down that means less money going to the goverment/inland revenue, now times this by all the other accountants in carlisle with similair tales ,then times this by all the accountants in cumbria and this is a very serious shortfall in revenue for the goverment and this is just cumbria with a small population,now take a deep breath and think of all the accountants in this country who have similair stories and think a lot of these accountants will in some cases have thousands of clients on there books, this is a very serious state this country is in as this lost income will have to come from other ways, i really think this recession has a long long way to go yet,and it is going to get much much worse, only this week in carlisle a large furniture showroom has closed down after 165 years of trading, sorry to say lads but i honestly think the good times have gone never to return,people are apprehensive and scared about losing there jobs,coupled together with higher fuel prices food etc, and they are not :RpS_unsure:spending money,what few jobs there is are being chased and undercut by to many people and this is nationwide, the good times have gone.

I just think different parts of the UK are more wealthy then others like the south more work then the north. What we are seeing is the bottom line, I think things will get better again not just yet .

Lol..........What else can we do? It's not our fault as soon as you leave your front door you get ripped off

your a cheery chap hector, this financial year will be my best in 5 years, dont listen to the doom merchants

I hope it does go mental fingers crossed something will happen and all these f**k**s offering s**t rates end up with no one to work on their jobs

your a cheery chap hector, this financial year will be my best in 5 years, dont listen to the doom merchants
thanks gps your comment made me laugh out loud ,cheered me up , but unfourtanetly i am right.

"always look on the bright side off life " now all together !! "always look on the right side of life "

hector - yur accountant might only d accounts for the bargain basement businesses so cannot take just one accountants statistics to crystal ball the whole of england

Businesses are still making a profit... and for every business that goes under another company picks up the shortfall...

WE just need to be creative on how we sell ourselves and just give more than your competitor.... There are a lot more opportunities to make money in a recession and also in 3rd world countries...

I have a friend that will most likely end up being millionaires before this year is out... stay positive and keep doing your best and you be all right :)

thanks gps your comment made me laugh out loud ,cheered me up , but unfourtanetly i am right.

my accountant isnt taking on new clients due to there excessive workload, funny enough after speaking to him to other day.

dont listen to the doom merchants as said or read the piss poor tabloid media. good news doesnt sell papers.
and as said depends on your area.

Businesses are still making a profit... and for every business that goes under another company picks up the shortfall...

WE just need to be creative on how we sell ourselves and just give more than your competitor.... There are a lot more opportunities to make money in a recession and also in 3rd world countries...

I have a friend that will most likely end up being millionaires before this year is out... stay positive and keep doing your best and you be all right :)

well said.

I actually now dont read the news paper or watch the news... it makes you depressed and worry about stuff that you cannot change...

As some famous business man once said "Mind Your Own Business"

There are a lot more opportunities to make money in a recession and also in 3rd world countries...

[/QUOTE]

I am going to put an advert on Ethiopian television to please sponsor a British plasterer for just £2000 a month.

Innit how about hello everybody we've tried to help every country out there but just for the minute get ****** were going to concentrate on ours for a bit :)

The banks are only offering 75-80% mortgages and until it goes back up to 95-100% we will be strugglin 70% of house buyers are first time buyers most dont stand a chance of gettin mortgages at that rate. Unfortunately the banks control the money not the government and between each other they couldnt run a raffle!!

I cant get a mortgage and I had 75% deposit... Yep 75% DEPOSIT!!

The trouble with the UK is they dont support local businesses the rather support someone that wont work than someone that is trying to make a go of things and make a better life for themselves.

When I was ill I was not entitled to anything because I was "self Employed" Luckily my online stuff has been fairly hands off and it saw me through but if had not I would have gone bankrupt quite quickly....

your right you have to focus on your own game and be postive and good things will come to you. neg attracts neg simple.

I cant get a mortgage and I had 75% deposit... Yep 75% DEPOSIT!!

The trouble with the UK is they dont support local businesses the rather support someone that wont work than someone that is trying to make a go of things and make a better life for themselves.

When I was ill I was not entitled to anything because I was "self Employed" Luckily my online stuff has been fairly hands off and it saw me through but if had not I would have gone bankrupt quite quickly....

That just reminds me of my own situation when I was laid up for nine months before and after my back operation. I had a couple of mortgages and the message from both of the providers was 'start missing payments and we'll be having the properties off you'....... no payment holiday, no help offered, no sympathy whatsoever, another reason I detest banks. We got by on my lasses wages, but it don't half eat into what you've got.

Self-Employed? You are on your own mate so get on with it, there's always a dollar to be made if you look hard enough.

"Look up, stay up - look down, stay down" :RpS_thumbup:

I'm finding it hard to be optimistic, think I've said that enough times already.

I can't see inflation going down, and there's interest rates that I don't think they can maintain at such low rates. Long term I'd be concerned about the value of the pound and I can't see the housing market sustaining itself at all. That'll crash I reckon.

The banks, well I've heard some will be in major trouble and the govt. will only be able to recapitalise some of them. That might mean there'll be a run on some banks, ie. people taking their money out of them like northern rock.

People are fearful, scared about their jobs - unemployment is going up and up, particlularly youth unemployment, and this summer I think we're in for another round of unrest and rioting.

That's a very bleak picture I've painted there, but I am optimistic about people not putting up with this s**t. Somethings got to give and hopefully we'll get rid of the fckers, cos we sure as hell aint responsible for fcking up this economy and we sure as hell shouldn't have to pay for their greed.

Oh yeah housing is going to crash again.... If I were to buy a house now it would be right at the lower end of the market to reduce my risks

think the best thing to do is to buy after a crash when the prices are starting to recover, and I wouldn't buy a really cheap property, cos that is most likely to be in a low demand area. They lose their value quicker.

cmon lads it aint all doom and gloom ,any one can run a buisness when theres loads of work and high pay, the new car can wait a year or two ,if youve borrowed to much you will learn not to next time, just try to keep going iam fraid to say its part of the job, i just hope they keep intrest rates steady ,cause if they jack em up sharpish then people really will stop spending ,just like early 90s, all we can do is if you come across a politician or banker in the street remind em how delecate their nuts are

I'm finding it hard to be optimistic, think I've said that enough times already.

I can't see inflation going down, and there's interest rates that I don't think they can maintain at such low rates. Long term I'd be concerned about the value of the pound and I can't see the housing market sustaining itself at all. That'll crash I reckon.

The banks, well I've heard some will be in major trouble and the govt. will only be able to recapitalise some of them. That might mean there'll be a run on some banks, ie. people taking their money out of them like northern rock.

People are fearful, scared about their jobs - unemployment is going up and up, particlularly youth unemployment, and this summer I think we're in for another round of unrest and rioting.

That's a very bleak picture I've painted there, but I am optimistic about people not putting up with this s**t. Somethings got to give and hopefully we'll get rid of the fckers, cos we sure as hell aint responsible for fcking up this economy and we sure as hell shouldn't have to pay for their greed.
optimistic is not ur strong point i woundent bother with it if i were u and the rioting so called unrest was just a lot of kids looking for free stuff and beating up old people and the like and for the life of me how can that make things better

think the best thing to do is to buy after a crash when the prices are starting to recover, and I wouldn't buy a really cheap property, cos that is most likely to be in a low demand area. They lose their value quicker.

That is not exactly true....

You can always let them out to people on the social and the social tend to be fairly good payers.... If you were to buy a property for investment why spend £300K on a property as you run a huge risk of being in negative equity.... Buy it cheap and you reduce your risk and worst case is you can move into it...

I wouldnt live in a few places I looked at but for investment they were ideal....

Fu.ck me twitcher, I'm close to tears after reading that.....I bet you're fun at parties.:razz:

Lol let's see hey[/QUOTE

fully agree with all your comments twitcher,i think between the two of us with our respective comments we have touched a nerve out in plastering land,which is good as it encourages comments from all over the country. but sadly i think there is a lot worse to come ,these bankers have a lot to answer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.